24% Say Democrats Should Pass Health Care Reform Without GOP Votes

You need to go back and read the constitution. All funding has to originate in the House, which was under Republican control.

Unless I'm misinformed, In the House, Pelosi cut out the Republicans completely and in the Senate only 3 Republican were allowed any influence at all! If this is the case then the Democratic Party weaved their own rope, let them proceed.

Unless I'm misinformed, In the House, Pelosi cut out the Republicans completely and in the Senate only 3 Republican were allowed any influence at all! If this is the case then the Democratic Party weaved their own rope, let them proceed.
we're talking about back in 2001 to 2003

we're talking about back in 2001 to 2003

When you get back to the original post subject , I'll jump, in the meantime! :popcorn:

You need to go back and read the constitution. All funding has to originate in the House, which was under Republican control.
no shit
but are you trying to say the senate cant add to it?

They could, but the House would have to agree to any changes.
yup in the conference
but since we heard no complaints about the funding levels at the time of those bills passing and being signed, i would say the senate got what it felt it needed

I keep asking this and can't seem to get an answer. What is Obama waiting for? He doesn't need republican support. Could it be a few dems won't support it?

no. it's that he has this warped idea that he can play nice with schoolyard bullies and be "bi-partisan". I used to think so, too.

i think it's time he dissuades himself of that fallacy.

Of course that's it Jillian. No chance it all that the bill in the house right now is an absolute piece of shit. I'm sure that doesn't have anything to do with it.

no. it's that he has this warped idea that he can play nice with schoolyard bullies and be "bi-partisan". I used to think so, too.

i think it's time he dissuades himself of that fallacy.

you mean like Bush tried for 8 years only to be stabbed in the back at every chance?

Yeah, because clearly he got stabbed in the back on NCLB, or Medicare Part D.
O wait, no, the only politicians who got screwed over on those deals were the ones dumb enough to take him at his word.

So maybe this time around they knew better then to listen to such a bald faced falsehood when Obama says the reform won't limit choice and won't add to the debt. Ya see? They're learnin.

If Democrats agree on a health care reform bill that is opposed by all Republicans in Congress, 24% of voters nationwide say the Democrats should pass that bill.

But a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 58% believe the Democrats should change the bill to win support from "a reasonable number of Republicans." Nineteen percent (19%) are not sure what congressional Democrats should do.

Republican voters overwhelmingly think the bill should be changed, and so do 62% of those not affiliated with either major political party.

However, Democrats are more conflicted. Forty-one percent (41%) of those in the president’s party believe their legislators should pass the bill without any GOP votes, while 34% disagree and think the legislation should be changed to attract Republican support.

Most liberal voters (52%) say that Democrats should pass the legislation without the Republicans. Most moderates (55%) disagree.

In its question, Rasmussen Reports did not quantify what constitutes "a reasonable number" of Republican votes.

24% Say Democrats Should Pass Health Care Reform Without GOP Votes - Rasmussen Reports™

If they do, they can be guaranteed a pick slip the next time they are up for re-election.

[SIZE=+1]
obama-sacked.jpg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Blame the Left for health care battle[/SIZE]
by Glenn Greenwald

Link Excerpt:
The prevailing Beltway wisdom has now ossified that the problem with the health care debate is that those hardened Leftist ideologues cling childishly and petulantly to their little "public option" fetish and their refusal to give it up is jeopardizing enactment of a reform bill. As always, the obedient servitude of Blue Dogs and "centrists" to the industries that own Congress aren't obstructionist at all. Somehow, the refusal of Blue Dogs to vote for a plan with a "public option" isn't impeding anything; there's no reason they should give anything up, because they're just being moderate and "centrist." As always, the way things should be done in Washington is that the proper scorn should be heaped on The Left until they're bullied into giving up what they believe so that Things Can Get Done (i.e., so that corporate dictates can be fulfilled).

gop-public-plan.jpg

"Yes, we know that you are a nice man, that you want to work with the opposite side of the aisle. But there comes a time when you need to drop that and move forward. We're saying to you, 'Be tough. Use everything that you've got. Do what you have to do. And we have your back.'"
-- Maxine Waters, trying to shake Obama out of his naive fog, Link

gop-public-plan.jpg

"Yes, we know that you are a nice man, that you want to work with the opposite side of the aisle. But there comes a time when you need to drop that and move forward. We're saying to you, 'Be tough. Use everything that you've got. Do what you have to do. And we have your back.'"
look up HR3400 if you think the GOP doesnt have an alternative plan
but it figures leftwingnuts will still continue to say there isnt one

The sticking point is the public option. Repubs wont vote for any bill that includes it; Pelosi says the House won't vote for any bill without. The Blue Dog Dems will be the deciders. Obamas only interest in bipartsianship comes from the fact that many of his teammates are up for re-election in 2010 and their constituents want a bipartisan bill. Lieberman has suggested doing it in pieces I think that's an excellent idea..

HR3400?....what is that - window dressing?.... the GOP had 8 years to do something about Healthcare reform but did fuck all.

Look...Bottom line....Republicans won't vote for any healthcare plan.....PERIOD

If they wanted healthcare, they had eight years to put in their version of healthcare. They decided to do nothing.

Screw them and pass what you think is right

Look...Bottom line....Republicans won't vote for any healthcare plan.....PERIOD

If they wanted healthcare, they had eight years to put in their version of healthcare. They decided to do nothing.

Screw them and pass what you think is right
again, not with the dems voting no on everything

gop-public-plan.jpg

look up HR3400 if you think the GOP doesnt have an alternative plan
but it figures leftwingnuts will still continue to say there isnt one

Please post a link to HR 3400; the bill, not the talking points.

Forum List

Back