23 Baltimore schools have zero students proficient in math, per state test results

It's awfully hard to learn anything if one is absent a lot and misbehaves in class, forcing the teacher to become a cop instead of an instructor!

Now, now, don't burst their bubble. They're currently pretending children come to school from perfect homes with zero behavior problems. A conservative poster here thinks his 15 yo daughter can teach juvenile delinquents in the schools! I hope he sends his daughter to do so. We need teachers.

But they are producing ideal Democrat Voters.
This is it.

The Baltimore schools, many of which are almost 100% black, need to drop all wasted tIme teaching their students that they’re ”oppressed victims” and to resent whitey - and divert that time to remedial math (and English).

What happens is that these uneducated kids graduate with a chip on their shoulder - thanks to the leftist nonsense - but unable to write a simple sentence or do the math I had mastered by late elementary school, and then when they can’t get a job beyond hamburger flipping, they blame “systemic racism” and whitey.

Now, now, don't burst their bubble. They're currently pretending children come to school from perfect homes with zero behavior problems. A conservative poster here thinks his 15 yo daughter can teach juvenile delinquents in the schools! I hope he sends his daughter to do so. We need teachers.
My dad, with a Master’s degree in Engineering, volunteered to teach these out-of-control, disrespectful, and failing students basic math in an after-school program. He envisioned they would be like his daughter (me), who needed a little extra tutoring from him to get through Trig - respectful and WANTING to “get it.”

He lasted a few weeks, and then gave up in frustration. Half of them didn’t even show up. The half that did didn’t do their homework, and just passed notes (this was pre-text days) back and forth, ignoring him. If he asked them to stop, they came up with some nasty wise crack.

IOW, if my father - in his late 50s - couldn’t tolerate these kids, I don’t see how a 15-year-old could.

My dad, with a Master’s degree in Engineering, volunteered to teach these out-of-control, disrespectful, and failing students basic math in an after-school program. He envisioned they would be like his daughter (me), who needed a little extra tutoring from him to get through Trig - respectful and WANTING to “get it.”

He lasted a few weeks, and then gave up in frustration. Half of them didn’t even show up. The half that did didn’t do their homework, and just passed notes (this was pre-text days) back and forth, ignoring him. If he asked them to stop, they came up with some nasty wise crack.

IOW, if my father - in his late 50s - couldn’t tolerate these kids, I don’t see how a 15-year-old could.

Easy.

If you can't figure it out, you shouldn't teach.

scruffy

This is a crime. Students futures are in trouble before they even begin.

You have a good point. These kid's parents all paid the same taxes into the government-run school system and are entitled to a full, functional education. I mean, ISN'T THAT THE POINT of making parents send their kids to public school instead of teaching them at home?

Still trying to blame the kids, I see.

Big Mouth--

You lose and you have failed UNLESS and UNTIL you send your daughter into the situation I put forth. And if she fails, it's her fault.

Put your money where your fat mouth is and send your daughter. Do it.

well according to scruffy here, if a doctor says a person has advanced cancer and needs immediate surgery--and the patient refuses treatment and soon DIES--it's the doctor's fault, see. A better doctor could have done SOMETHING.

Or something.

Scruffy has an ax to grind and makes himself an idiot in the process.

Big Mouth--

You lose and you have failed UNLESS and UNTIL you send your daughter into the situation I put forth. And if she fails, it's her fault.

Put your money where your fat mouth is and send your daughter. Do it.
Been there done that.

Why do you think I even mentioned it?

Reflects very poorly on you, that you can't even fathom it.

Easy.

If you can't figure it out, you shouldn't teach.
If you can’t figure WHAT out - how to control disrespectful brats? (In my Dad’s case, it was as a volunteer. Who needs that aggravation?)

What needs to be done is:

1) Develop a punitive system where kids get sent to detention hall when they misbehave.

2) Keep them back until they master the material at the present grade level. If they turn 18 and are still in grade 10, too bad. By 19, if they still haven’t graduated, out they go - to a vocational program to learn some basic trade.

3) Drop all the leftist nonsense about whites being owned by the devil, and related crap, and focus on math and English.

Been there done that.

Why do you think I even mentioned it?

Reflects very poorly on you, that you can't even fathom it.

You sent your underage daughter to teach brawling teenage boys in urban school settings?

Really?

Here's a lesson from a teacher:

Some teachers are idiots.

Some students are idiots.

Some people make themselves idiots because they seem to think MOST teachers are idiots but students never are.

THOSE idiots send their daughters into urban schools where students brawl (!). Their names are apparently scruffy.

If you can’t figure WHAT out - how to control disrespectful brats? (In my Dad’s case, it was as a volunteer. Who needs that aggravation?)

What needs to be done is:

1) Develop a punitive system where kids get sent to detention hall when they misbehave.

2) Keep them back until they master the material at the present grade level. If they turn 18 and are still in grade 10, too bad. By 19, if they still haven’t graduated, out they go - to a vocational program to learn some basic trade.

3) Drop all the leftist nonsense about whites being owned by the devil, and related crap, and focus on math and English.

Scruffy busy riding a hobby horse, obviously. Cue the carnival music

well according to scruffy here, if a doctor says a person has advanced cancer and needs immediate surgery--and the patient refuses treatment and soon DIES--it's the doctor's fault, see. A better doctor could have done SOMETHING.

Or something.

No child refuses school, dumbass.

They're either interested or they're not.

Getting interested has to come before 2+2.

It's the teacher's job to generate interest.

We had a high school history teacher, EVERY one of his students got a 5 on the advanced placement exam. I assure you that is so extremely unusual it borders on statistical impossibility.

Or something.

I don’t know what Scruffy’s problem is. The kids in the inner-city schools are horrible.

I had a job in DC across from a public middle school. OMG. When I went to school, I had to wear a dress, and pay attention in class. These kids were hanging around outside, smoking, DURING SCHOOL HOURS, with their pants falling down. And then we are surprised a 10th grader can’t do 5th grade math?

You sent your underage daughter to teach brawling teenage boys in urban school settings?

Really?

Here's a lesson from a teacher:

Some teachers are idiots.

Some students are idiots.

Some people make themselves idiots because they seem to think MOST teachers are idiots but students never are.

THOSE idiots send their daughters into urban schools where students brawl (!). Their names are apparently scruffy.
It's called internship, you stupid twit

Where do you live? Bumfuck Idaho?

I don’t know what Scruffy’s problem is. The kids in the inner-city schools are horrible.

I had a job in DC across from a public middle school. OMG. When I went to school, I had to wear a dress, and pay attention in class. These kids were hanging around outside, smoking, DURING SCHOOL HOURS, with their pants falling down. And then we are surprised a 10th grader can’t do 5th grade math?
I know an LAUSD guy, he got assigned the remedial auto shop, the worst of the worst.

When he got to class the kids were all yelling and smoking and fighting - and he just stood there at his desk and watched em for a minute...

Till they kinda noticed he was there ...

Then he smiled and said "so who wants to learn how to hotwire a car".

60 days later those kids knew all about ignition systems, and a lot of other stuff too - because he got them interested, and he got them to pay attention.

Just a bunch of teacher bashers doing what their party tells them to say. For those of you who want change move there and teach and show everyone how easy it is. When the first kid tells you to f off remember you can't act.

Forum List

Back