2020 election prospects

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tommy Tainant, Oct 27, 2019.

1. SAYIT

SAYIT Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40,432
    Now you are being dishonest. Our investment markets are not the same as our economy - which is way more solid than any NeverTrumper can admit - but rather confidence in future earnings and asset growth. The Fed - as St Louis Fed Prez James Bullard noted in January - overdid the tightening last year and simply adjusted accordingly.

You're certainly no source for economic predictions, however. You're just a devout NeverTrumper.

Bullard says December Fed hike may have slightly overdone it

2. Mac1958

Mac1958 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +52,245
    The facts are the facts. GDP has dropped, and his half of what Trump promised. He exploded the deficit in a non-recessionary period, something Keynes himself was against. There is no growth-push inflation. The bond market has reacted accordingly.

And, correct. What's next, I don't know for sure. Since this is my profession, I know not to make ignorant and simplistic economic predictions. I have to take this stuff seriously.

But you Trumpsters are certainly free to parrot talk radio and stay hidden within your ideological bubble. It's what you do.

3. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,053
    Naw, guy, that should be on the Republican Platform. If you guys really think that abortion is "Murder", you should insist that every woman who ever had an abortion be charged with homicide. Should be easy enough, you just seize their medical records as evidence.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. ScorpioRising007

ScorpioRising007 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +212
    I really like Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren. They will most likely be whom I am voting for. I think Elizabeth Warren's Wealth Tax is brilliant. I love Bernies plans: Medicare for All, Housing for All, expanding social security, Pro Union, college for all, all ideas I am for. Both Bernie and Warren are for strengthening Unions and trying to increase wages for all by putting the bargaining power back to the American worker.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,053
    Here's the thing... at some point, the GOP is going to have to realize that Donald Trump doesn't care about the GOP as an institution... but they do.

6. AzogtheDefiler

AzogtheDefiler The Pale Orc Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,199
    Here is the thing over 90% of Republican voters support Trump. Stats don’t care about your feelings. Look at the bright side, you can keep blaming the Jews.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. AzogtheDefiler

AzogtheDefiler The Pale Orc Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,199
    How will the country pay for all those plans that you love?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Polishprince

Polishprince Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,122

The Republicans have a clear choice in the nomination battle. They can renominate President Trump and have a fighting chance by defending the Trump economy with the tremendous Trump war chest of political contributions.

Or on the alternative, they can tell Trump to get lost, and basically concede the election to the Democrats, accepting the New Green Deal, socialized medicine, much higher tax rates. Make no mistake about it, any of the pathetic losers that have put themselves up for the GOP nomination would be virtually crucified by the D's. And with little campaign money and no charisma, what could any of them say when attacked as Literally Hitler?

Further, once Wall Street traders realize that Trump won't be around in 2021, the markets will tank and the GOP nominee would be blamed for it. Bad news for Kasich or whomever. They could blame Trump, and undoubtably would, but they would still get schlonged by Buttigieg or Beto or one of the other girly-men.

9. Polishprince

Polishprince Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,122

The Republican Party as an institution in 2008 and 2012 were a complete and total Pathetic Failure. You'd be right, Trump doesn't care about that, and doesn't want to be a Loser. If the GOP doesn't want to exercise its political will and implement its policies, nominating Trump is the worst thing they can do. However, if they think their ideas, like Record Low unemployment for minorities, is worth fighting for, they will put Trump up again.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. kyzr

kyzr Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,094
    Not sure what planet you're from but you have no clue about GOP politics.
    1. Trump has a 95% approval rating among Republicans. Trump is the 2020 GOP nominee.
    2. 50 senators just supported Lindsay Graham's resolution claiming that the democrat's impeachment inquiry is illegal.
    3. Your 2nd paragraph is totally wrong, it makes no sense at all. Trump will win based on peace and prosperity
    4. The republicans aren't even having primaries, so Kasich and Weld can pound sand.

• Winner Winner x 1