2017 a very bad year for natural disasters, 2018 looks to be the same

Big fires, a heat wave that just won't seem to break, and now thunderstorms. In the meantime, the East Coast is getting major flooding over a very large area. And a terrible fire in Greece has killed dozens. Japan has had record flooding and now is getting record heat. But, nothing to see here, folks, just move along.

gfs_nh-sat1_t2anom_1-day.png

Yeppers, inflation will certainly drive up those cost records. Add to that the fact that people are encroaching in wild areas that they used to avoid and opportunity's for more disasters increases as well. Funny how you people ignore those factors.
You think scientists ignored all that? Come on.
Do you think so called 'experts' are always right?
Do you think they are always wrong?
No. Do YOU think they are always right?

It was nothing more than high and low pressure systems that held Harvey in place
Incorrect. While those factors definitely stalled Harvey, Harvey was more energetic and dropped more rain than it would have without man-made global warming.

Prove it.
Nah, you can look it up yourself. Apparently you did not read everything there is to read about Harvey.

HereWeGoAgain, is completely correct.

I read about it and even posted it HERE over 10 days ago,

From the Weather Channel:

Four Things to Know About Tropical Storm Harvey

"1. Harvey's Stall Has Begun
Harvey made landfall Friday night, but its forward progress has now come to a crashing halt.

The National Hurricane Center expects Harvey to meander near the Texas coast through much of this week while weakening with time.

Harvey's long-awaited stall is due to weak steering currents in the upper atmosphere. For the next several days, Harvey will be caught in between a large area of high pressure in the western states and another area of high pressure extending from the western Atlantic into the Gulf of Mexico.

A southward dip in the jet stream across the eastern states is expected to miss out on ushering Harvey away, allowing the tropical cyclone to stall for days."

red bolding mine

Last edited:
It was nothing more than high and low pressure systems that held Harvey in place
Incorrect. While those factors definitely stalled Harvey, Harvey was more energetic and dropped more rain than it would have without man-made global warming.

Prove it.
Nah, you can look it up yourself. Apparently you did not read everything there is to read about Harvey.

Harvey made landfall Friday night, but its forward progress has now come to a crashing halt.

The National Hurricane Center expects Harvey to meander near the Texas coast through much of this week while weakening with time.

Harvey's long-awaited stall is due to weak steering currents in the upper atmosphere. For the next several days, Harvey will be caught in between a large area of high pressure in the western states and another area of high pressure extending from the western Atlantic into the Gulf of Mexico.

A southward dip in the jet stream across the eastern states is expected to miss out on ushering Harvey away, allowing the tropical cyclone to stall for days."

red bolding mine
He is not correct, if he claims Harvey did not dump more rain than it would have otherwise due to global warming.

Prove it.

red bolding mine

But....but...hurricanes never stalled before we burned coal.

Prove it.

red bolding mine
He is not correct, if he claims Harvey did not dump more rain than it would have otherwise due to global warming.

It dumped more rain because it stalled partially over the Gulf and continued to pick up moister.

Prove it.

red bolding mine

You going to explain this dude of a hurricane season?

Prove it.

red bolding mine

HereWeGoAgain, wrote the words the Weather Service agrees with:

"It was nothing more than high and low pressure systems that held Harvey in place"

The WEATHER CHANNEL says he is correct, I posted the words right in front of you!

Here it is AGAIN!

bolding mine

Stop digging your fools hole.

Prove it.

red bolding mine

HereWeGoAgain wrote the words the Weather Service agrees with:

"It was nothing more than high and low pressure systems that held Harvey in place"

The WEATHER CHANNEL says he is correct, I posted the words right in front of you!

Here it is AGAIN!

bolding mine

Ya gotta love these people...
I watched every shred of info I could find during the storm.
We were told to evacuate twice so believe me when I say I had an invested interest in what was causing the storm to linger.
I kept my eye on both systems waiting for one to weaken while we watched the flood waters rise.

Prove it.

red bolding mine

Here it is AGAIN!

bolding mine

That information does not contradict a single word I said.

Prove it.

red bolding mine

Here it is AGAIN!

bolding mine

That information does not contradict a single word I said.

It just left out the dishonest part.

It dumped more rain because it stalled partially over the Gulf and continued to pick up moister
And it also dumped more rain than it would have without man-made global warming. Both are true.

My contention is provable.
And mine is too. Interestingly enough, the scientific fields and even the scientists who brought us both sets of info overlap.

It seems rather odd that you two would present scientific findings from these fields as absolute truth, and then reject hoter findings from the same fields without even attempting to understand them. One might think that you both operate from an irrational position, possibly due to superstition or politics.

It dumped more rain because it stalled partially over the Gulf and continued to pick up moister
And it also dumped more rain than it would have without man-made global warming. Both are true.

And mine is too. Interestingly enough, the scientific fields and even the scientists who brought us both sets of info overlap.

It seems rather odd that you two would present scientific findings from these fields as absolute truth, and then reject hoter findings from the same fields without even attempting to understand them. One might think that you both operate from an irrational position, possibly due to superstition or politics.

Odd?
One is easily identified by simple meteorological readings....yours? Not so much.

Odd?
One is easily identified by simple meteorological readings....yours? Not so much.

Wrong, what I am talking about is actually a much simpler concept.

You do know that so called experts, are often wrong...right?

You do know that so called experts, are often wrong...right?
You do know they are often correct, right?

Odd?

Spout it....

Forum List

Back