2017 a very bad year for natural disasters, 2018 looks to be the same

Big fires, a heat wave that just won't seem to break, and now thunderstorms. In the meantime, the East Coast is getting major flooding over a very large area. And a terrible fire in Greece has killed dozens. Japan has had record flooding and now is getting record heat. But, nothing to see here, folks, just move along.

gfs_nh-sat1_t2anom_1-day.png

So the slow hurricane season means more destructive weather?
No, the warmer atmosphere and oceans means more energetic hurricanes.

Thats not what the weather channel said.
They had to revise their season projections.
2018 Atlantic Hurricane Season Now Expected to Be Less Active, According to Colorado State University's Updated July Outlook | The Weather Channel

Big fires, a heat wave that just won't seem to break, and now thunderstorms. In the meantime, the East Coast is getting major flooding over a very large area. And a terrible fire in Greece has killed dozens. Japan has had record flooding and now is getting record heat. But, nothing to see here, folks, just move along.

Hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Yeah, that's it, skippy.

You ppl are nuts.

I believe a leading priest of The Church of Latter Day Warmers proclaimed from on high that after Katrina, we would experience many hurricanes just like her. Then...we experienced years of no hurricanes.

Oldcrotch and those like him learned nothing from this.

I love how they tried to blame Harvey on Gorebull warming.
When in fact it was a high and low pressure system that held it over Houston.
Actually, studies show Harvey dropped more rain than it would have without global warming.

2018 Atlantic Hurricane Season Now Expected to Be Less Active, According to Colorado State University's Updated July Outlook | The Weather Channel
You misunderstand. The warmer air and atmosphere makes for more energetic hurricanes.

You misunderstand. The warmer air and atmosphere makes for more energetic hurricanes.

I've read all there is to know about Harvey.
The floods missed my house by a quarter mile so I have an interest.
It was nothing more than high and low pressure systems that held Harvey in place.
The record for rainfall during a Hurricane in Texas still comes from Alvin back in 79 with 43 inches in a 24 hour period.

Bomb throwing gheyness....hasn't worked for 20 years. Still isnt working ( see "Cats out of the Bag" thread on page 1 of this forum.:113: ). But the fact that climate crusaders still do it does indeed make this forum a hoot if you are a skeptic!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Yeppers, inflation will certainly drive up those cost records. Add to that the fact that people are encroaching in wild areas that they used to avoid and opportunity's for more disasters increases as well. Funny how you people ignore those factors.

I've read all there is to know about Harvey.
The floods missed my house by a quarter mile so I have an interest.
It was nothing more than high and low pressure systems that held Harvey in place.
The record for rainfall during a Hurricane in Texas still comes from Alvin back in 79 with 43 inches in a 24 hour period.

Lol...the climate crusaders never mention Alvin.:cul2::cul2:

Yeppers, inflation will certainly drive up those cost records. Add to that the fact that people are encroaching in wild areas that they used to avoid and opportunity's for more disasters increases as well. Funny how you people ignore those factors.
You think scientists ignored all that? Come on.

Please provide empirically observed proof...

I'll Wait.... I might grow very old and die long before you idiots can get any....

No, sorry. You can look it up yourself. I am not trying to debate or convince deniers.
That's because there is none to back up your lie... Nice try but you lose..

Temperature and pressure gradients are what make storms more powerful not the presence of water... You don't even have a basic grasp of atmospheric physics.. Stop before you really step in it...

No, sorry. You can look it up yourself. I am not trying to debate or convince deniers.
That's because there is none to back up your lie... Nice try but you lose..

Temperature and pressure gradients are what make storms more powerful not the presence of water... You don't even have a basic grasp of atmospheric physics.. Stop before you really step in it...
I hear ya! And you win!

You think scientists ignored all that? Come on.
Do you think so called 'experts' are always right?

Forum List

Back