2017 a very bad year for natural disasters, 2018 looks to be the same

And it also dumped more rain than it would have without man-made global warming. Both are true.

My contention is provable.
And mine is too. Interestingly enough, the scientific fields and even the scientists who brought us both sets of info overlap.

It seems rather odd that you two would present scientific findings from these fields as absolute truth, and then reject hoter findings from the same fields without even attempting to understand them. One might think that you both operate from an irrational position, possibly due to superstition or politics.

Odd?
One is easily identified by simple meteorological readings....yours? Not so much.

Wrong, what I am talking about is actually a much simpler concept.

Spout it....
Its pretty simple, really. The warmer the water, the more energetic the hurricane which forms over it. In addition, warmer air holds (then drops) more water. Scientists,not simply satisfied to rest on known principles, formed two separate research groups to study this effect on Harvey. They came to pretty much the exact same conclusion .

And mine is too. Interestingly enough, the scientific fields and even the scientists who brought us both sets of info overlap.

It seems rather odd that you two would present scientific findings from these fields as absolute truth, and then reject hoter findings from the same fields without even attempting to understand them. One might think that you both operate from an irrational position, possibly due to superstition or politics.

Odd?
One is easily identified by simple meteorological readings....yours? Not so much.

Spout it....
Its pretty simple, really. The warmer the water, the more energetic the hurricane which forms over it. In addition, warmer air holds (then drops) more water. Scientists,not simply satisfied to rest on known principles, formed two separate research groups to study this effect on Harvey. They came to pretty much the exact same conclusion .

Thats weird?
I spent thirty years fishing the Gulf and inland waters of Texas.
Still the same.

Odd?

Spout it....

Thats weird?
Still the same.
The same...how? And how does saying so negate the scientific research? Please articulate your points.

Odd?

Spout it....

Thats weird?
Still the same.
The same...how? And how does saying so negate the scientific research? Please articulate your points.

Because they've been wrong way more often than not?

You do know that so called experts, are often wrong...right?
You do know they are often correct, right?
You don't like answering questions do you?

Odd?

Spout it....

But the public perception of Harvey is meh....a hurricane that dumped alot of rain. They dont care what the climate change industry take is on it. So what does that make Harvey? A good trivia question at the local Chili's Restaurant booth games!:113:

Spout it....

Thats weird?
Still the same.

That doesn't explain what you meant or how it refutes the research.

You don't like my answers, do you?

Spout it....

Thats weird?
Still the same.

What research?

Odd?

Spout it....

But the public perception of Harvey is meh....a hurricane that dumped alot of rain. They dont care what the climate change industry take is on it. So what does that make Harvey? A good trivia question at the local Chili's Restaurant booth games!:113:
I agree. Most people are uneducated in science and incurious to learn any. Scientists are aware of this problem, as well. So they book speaking tours in order to speak to adults like they are children.

Thats weird?
Still the same.

What research?
In this case, the research I mentioned. I assume you are rejecting it. Which is odd, for the reasons I mentioned.

Maybe this will help you.

From the Great Walter Williams....
Can We Trust Experts? - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com

Debating shit like this is nothing more than a hobby for people who's social life has come to a grinding halt! ( like me :2up: ). Or for someone's social life that has always been shit.

Outside of the forums out in the nether regions of the internet, nobody gives a hoot about this topic.:flirtysmile4:

Sorry, I won't read that. For one, I am not going to to spoonfeed back to you an article you never read. Second, nothing in there is a reason to reject a particular scientific theory. But you are free to jump off your roof and see if you fall up, this time. You are free to stick a fork in the toaster 100 times, and see if you can prove those experts to be all wrong. Knock yourself out.

Odd?

Spout it....
Wow

You really are an ignorant fool... "the warmer the water the more energetic the hurricane" Two Words; BULL SHIT..

Pressure gradient and temperature gradient of the atmosphere define this... If the T and P are low a storm will not form even above hot water... If the T and P are low high humidity will do nothing...

You admitted you were totally ignorant up thread and here you go spouting total bull shit...

Sorry, I won't read that. For one, I am not going to to spoonfeed back to you an article you never read. Second, nothing in there is a reason to reject a particular scientific theory. But you are free to jump off your roof and see if you fall up, this time. You are free to stick a fork in the toaster 100 times, and see if you can prove those experts to be all wrong. Knock yourself out.
Racist!

Spout it....

Thats weird?
Still the same.

Well my research shows no change.
I've taken temps from top to bottom while fishing.....no change.

Forum List

Back