2017 a very bad year for natural disasters, 2018 looks to be the same

Big fires, a heat wave that just won't seem to break, and now thunderstorms. In the meantime, the East Coast is getting major flooding over a very large area. And a terrible fire in Greece has killed dozens. Japan has had record flooding and now is getting record heat. But, nothing to see here, folks, just move along.

gfs_nh-sat1_t2anom_1-day.png

Every year is a bad year for natural disasters.

Its pretty simple, really. The warmer the water, the more energetic the hurricane which forms over it. In addition, warmer air holds (then drops) more water. Scientists,not simply satisfied to rest on known principles, formed two separate research groups to study this effect on Harvey. They came to pretty much the exact same conclusion .

Thats weird?
I spent thirty years fishing the Gulf and inland waters of Texas.
Still the same.
The same...how? And how does saying so negate the scientific research? Please articulate your points.

Because they've been wrong way more often than not?
That doesn't explain what you meant or how it refutes the research.

Well my research shows no change.
I've taken temps from top to bottom while fishing.....no change.
No it doesn't, and no you haven't.

Big fires, a heat wave that just won't seem to break, and now thunderstorms. In the meantime, the East Coast is getting major flooding over a very large area. And a terrible fire in Greece has killed dozens. Japan has had record flooding and now is getting record heat. But, nothing to see here, folks, just move along.

Every year is a bad year for natural disasters.

He thinks thunderstorms are a natural disaster!

Like I've said, some folks tend to the hysterical with stuff....these are people who see regular weather events and their heads explode. Same folks who do rubbernecking on a parkway like it's a sport. Same people who hear a 10" snowstorm is coming and can be found dragging 14 shopping baskets of food behind them. What can you do? They are out there.

I don`t know how climate change can be the cause for 15 fires around Athens to start simultaneously :
Arson suspected in devastating fires in Greece that killed at least 79 people
Arson suspected in devastating fires in Greece that killed at least 79 people
Fifteen fires were started simultaneously on three different fronts in Athens, government spokesman Dimitris Tzanakopoulos told reporters.
Are not false flag events grand... find the arsonists and hang them... Simple cure..

Ok so Japan set it`s new heat record:
The mercury hit 41.1 degrees Celsius (106 degrees Fahrenheit) in Kumagaya, a city in Saitama prefecture about 65 kilometers (40 miles) northwest of Tokyo,
Sounds like it went up by a lot. Unless you inquire what the previous record was and find out that it only went up by 0.1 deg C (2013 was 41 C). Funny how the warmers dismiss a record cold as weather because of "the average blah blah blah..." while a heat wave is always the climate and never mind the average.

Last edited:
And mine is too. Interestingly enough, the scientific fields and even the scientists who brought us both sets of info overlap.

It seems rather odd that you two would present scientific findings from these fields as absolute truth, and then reject hoter findings from the same fields without even attempting to understand them. One might think that you both operate from an irrational position, possibly due to superstition or politics.

One is easily identified by simple meteorological readings....yours? Not so much.

Wrong, what I am talking about is actually a much simpler concept.
You do know that so called experts, are often wrong...right?
You do know they are often correct, right?
You don't like answering questions do you?

He has no answers...he only has what someone told him to say. He has no evidence to support what he says...he has no rational, scientifically valid reply when questioned on anything he says, he has insults and logical fallacies.

He is what is known as a useful idiot....although with most of the claims of climate science being exposed as snake oil and sensationalism, they are becoming less useful all the time.

And mine is too. Interestingly enough, the scientific fields and even the scientists who brought us both sets of info overlap.

It seems rather odd that you two would present scientific findings from these fields as absolute truth, and then reject hoter findings from the same fields without even attempting to understand them. One might think that you both operate from an irrational position, possibly due to superstition or politics.

Odd?
One is easily identified by simple meteorological readings....yours? Not so much.

Spout it....
Its pretty simple, really. The warmer the water, the more energetic the hurricane which forms over it. In addition, warmer air holds (then drops) more water. Scientists,not simply satisfied to rest on known principles, formed two separate research groups to study this effect on Harvey. They came to pretty much the exact same conclusion .
Wow

You really are an ignorant fool... "the warmer the water the more energetic the hurricane" Two Words; BULL SHIT..

Pressure gradient and temperature gradient of the atmosphere define this... If the T and P are low a storm will not form even above hot water... If the T and P are low high humidity will do nothing...

You admitted you were totally ignorant up thread and here you go spouting total bull shit...

He would never understand that what drives hurricanes is the temperature differences between the poles and the equator and if the arctic warmed up to the point that there was no ice, then hurricanes would be a thing of the past.

You do know that so called experts, are often wrong...right?
You do know they are often correct, right?
You don't like answering questions do you?

He has no answers...he only has what someone told him to say. He has no evidence to support what he says...he has no rational, scientifically valid reply when questioned on anything he says, he has insults and logical fallacies.

He is what is known as a useful idiot....although with most of the claims of climate science being exposed as snake oil and sensationalism, they are becoming less useful all the time.
Unfortunately, there are way too many Americans just like him.

They really think the world is coming to an end, due to man-made global warming. This causes them to lead lives full of ignorance and hatred. Sad...really.

I don`t know how climate change can be the cause for 15 fires around Athens to start simultaneously
While it can't be blamed instead of arson for ghe fires starting, oneight look to extra arid conditions for it's effect on the spread or intensity of the fires.

Funny how the warmers dismiss a record cold as weather because of "the average blah blah blah..." while a heat wave is always the climate and never mind the average.
That's not really accurate. Scientists can measure the frequency/intensity of record lows versus record highs.

Thats weird?
I spent thirty years fishing the Gulf and inland waters of Texas.
Still the same.
The same...how? And how does saying so negate the scientific research? Please articulate your points.

What research?
In this case, the research I mentioned. I assume you are rejecting it. Which is odd, for the reasons I mentioned.

Which research? The only reference to "research" you have provided was an article from USA today. Is that what passes for "research" in that little mind of yours?

. Second, nothing in there is a reason to reject a particular scientific theory.

But you think an opinion piece from USA today is a reason to accept and fervently believe in a particular hypothesis...Man made climate change is not a theory...it is barely a hypothesis as no actual observed, measured evidence exists that might separate it from the null hypothesis.

That's a shame. But there isn't anything any one can do.

That's a shame. But there isn't anything any one can do.

Lol....I'm continually fascinated by these people who make these implications that you and I are dicks because were not doing enough to keep these disasters from happening. I mean what.....the......fuck :aug08_031:Really.....where do people come up with this shit?:backpedal:. I'd never be uttering stuff like that in public for fear of being hauled away on a gurneys an put up on 10 East at Northwell Healh Center down the road!

@wwwgottahavebothfeetonthefloor.com

Last edited:

What research?
In this case, the research I mentioned. I assume you are rejecting it. Which is odd, for the reasons I mentioned.

Which research? The only reference to "research" you have provided was an article from USA today. Is that what passes for "research" in that little mind of yours?
Any child can use an article as a portal to find the research, if interested. You embarrass yourself.

What research?

Any child can use an article as a portal to find the research, if interested. You embarrass yourself.
You used a damn opinion piece as if it were fact....

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

What research?

Clearly I did not, and I referred specifically to the results of scientific research. You know, that thing you have done exactly none of.

What research?

Clearly I did not, and I referred specifically to the results of scientific research. You know, that thing you have done exactly none of.
You cant even admit your own lies...

Good day liar! Your nothing more than a propagandist lying to forward your political agenda..

Forum List

Back