2012 predicted end date

The Mayans seem rather miffed at the suggestion outsiders say their calendar ends in 2012. The particular one found did, except part of the stone was missing. Further, other Mayan calendars go to sometime in the 4770's.

This particular one, the one "ending" in 2012, is based on planetary positions ... the reason I put "ending" in quotes ... it starts from the point the planets are aligned and so when would it restart?

Another Y2K .... shit this is just getting old.

Yes and no.....that was a bs scare but the difference here is we know the earth will cease to exist as we know it at some point. Maybe humans will have the technological wits so the species can survive underground for a while, maybe we won't. There is no doubt nothing about the earth, sun, planetary and solar system is eternal. The really freaky part is realizing there is no such thing as "solid ground."

Sure, stomp your foot on the earth and it feels solid, bu
t that's only due to the relativity of different objects colliding. The earth is just another space pebble and it doesn't matter if one is an atheist or a religious freak: nobody can escape the inevitable end.

i dont think the world will end in 2012. I do have a feeling we will see alot of changes by then though...

:lol:

2012... 2000... And every year back to 1989- then going back with much frequency all the way to 44AD we have been hearing this shit...

:clap:

220 Dates for the End of the world!!! Date Setters!

I dont know why anyone even tries to predict it. The bible itself says that Jesus will come like a thief in the night- and nobody will know exactly when that will be, and that all will be fooled into believing someone else who proclaims himself to be Jesus is really him.

So retarded.. Sorry but religious nutjobs crack me up. :lol:

Agreed. I've never bought into this predicting the end of the world mumbo-jumbo.
The Bible doesn't give any real clues as to when it will be.
This Mayan calendar does not "end" on 2012. Their "calendar" are counts and cycles that keep rolling over. 2012 is a big rollover date, but there is no prediction that it is the end of the world.

In 2012, I am going to use this viral propoganda that the world will end, and seduce my female into the Best Sex Year of our relationship, thus far. We will make passionate love on the Grand Canyon, fearing "it won't be there much longer."

We will do missionary and doggy-style at the top of the Eiffel Tower. We will create triplets inside of the Bosom of Lady Liberty.

I already did that with your female last year. She probably just wants a snow cone.

When I first saw this I thought you meant virgin sacrifice.............

It's my Locknar....No it's mine It's mine you stupid bitch...............Den you could rule over all these people.......Back on Earth I'm nobody but here I'm DEN!

Really not a SINGLE laugh about this post? Damn one of us has to get a sense of humor.

I don't think I am going to sweat the 2012 thing......I would like to sell the idea to a LOT of people so I could sell them a BUNCH of shit they won't need like the 2000 scare.

I personally made some serious overtime because of Y2K. 6 AM to 6 Pm at time and a half.

To this day, I haven't a clue what I would have done if the sky had fallen.

You know, there are a LOT of people who have the wrong idea about Revelations, as well as quite a few other things........

First off......"revelation" means revealing, which is when the curtain is supposed to be pulled back, revealing Heaven.

If anyone would bother to read to the end of the book, they would see that Heaven comes to Earth, and God rules over us all.

The only thing that is going to cause Armageddon is our own stupidity and arrogance that one country is better than the others.

God doesn't want to destroy mankind. Mankind does.

But, I also look at it like I looked at 2000, or December 31st.........it's the end of one year, yes, but it's also the beginning of a new year or millenium.

Oh yeah...........we are now going to be (at 11:00 on December 21st, 2012) at the same place that we were at in the galaxy when mankind first started. That's what the Celestial Alignment is about.

But............strangely enough, the Chinese oracle, the I Ching (which is about 3,500 years old), ends on that day as well.

Check out the Nostradamus Effect on The History Channel sometime.......it's really thought provoking.

You know, there are a LOT of people who have the wrong idea about Revelations, as well as quite a few other things........

First off......"revelation" means revealing, which is when the curtain is supposed to be pulled back, revealing Heaven.

If anyone would bother to read to the end of the book, they would see that Heaven comes to Earth, and God rules over us all.

The only thing that is going to cause Armageddon is our own stupidity and arrogance that one country is better than the others.

God doesn't want to destroy mankind. Mankind does.

But, I also look at it like I looked at 2000, or December 31st.........it's the end of one year, yes, but it's also the beginning of a new year or millenium.

Oh yeah...........we are now going to be (at 11:00 on December 21st, 2012) at the same place that we were at in the galaxy when mankind first started. That's what the Celestial Alignment is about.

But............strangely enough, the Chinese oracle, the I Ching (which is about 3,500 years old), ends on that day as well.

Check out the Nostradamus Effect on The History Channel sometime.......it's really thought provoking.

i think you need to read it again that comes after the tribulation 1. The Rapture takes place.
2. The Rise of Antichrist and the False Prophet.
3. The Third Temple is rebuilt in Jerusalem.
4. The Rise of Babylon.
5. The Rise of the false one-world religion.
6. The appearance of the two witnesses and the rise of the 144,000 Jewish evangelists.
7. The Seven Seal Judgments.
8. The Seven Trumpet Judgments.
Midpoint:

9. Death and Resurrection of the Two Witnesses.
10. Destruction of the One World Church.
11. The death and resurrection of Antichrist.
12. Antichrist defiles the temple and proclaims himself God.
13. The Mark of the Beast begins.
14. The Jewish Remnant flees to the desert.
Second 3 1/2 Years:

15. 7 Bowl Judgments
16. Martyrdom of Jews and Believers
17. Babylon is destroyed
18. Antichrist summons the world's armies to Armageddon
19. Battle of Armageddon
21. Return of Jesus Christ in Glory
22. Antichrist and the False Prophet are thrown into the Lake of Fire
23. Satan is bound for 1,000 years
24. Resurrection of Tribulation martyrs
End of the 7-year Tribulation.

25. Christ establishes His 1,000 kingdom.
26. Satan is released after 1,000 years.
27. Final Battle.
28. Satan, Death, and Hell are cast into the Lake of Fire.
29. Great White Throne Judgment (Final Judgment).
30. New heaven and earth. Eternity begins.

Last edited:
Your first statement is false Froggy.........the Rapture is a myth, created in the 1700's.......

Doctrinal history

The concept of the rapture, in connection with premillennialism, was expressed by the American Puritan father and son Increase and Cotton Mather. They held to the idea that believers would be caught up in the air, followed by judgments on the earth and then the millennium.[4][5] The term rapture was used by Philip Doddridge (1738) and John Gill (1748) in their New Testament commentaries, with the idea that believers would be caught up prior to judgment on the earth and Jesus' Second Coming. The concept of a pre-tribulation rapture was articulated by Baptist Morgan Edwards in an essay published in 1788 in Philadelphia.[6]

John Nelson Darby, considered the father of dispensationalism, first proposed the pre-tribulation rapture in 1827.[7]. This view was accepted among many other Plymouth Brethren in England. Darby and other prominent Brethren were part of the Brethren Movement which impacted American Christianity, primarily through their writings. Influences included the Bible Conference Movement, starting in 1878 with the Niagara Bible Conference. These conferences, which were initially inclusive of historicist and futurist premillennialism, led to an increasing acceptance of futurist premillennial views and the pre-tribulation rapture especially among Presbyterian, Baptist and Congregational members [8]. Popular books also contributed to acceptance of the pre-tribulation rapture, including William Eugene Blackstone's book Jesus is Coming published in 1878 and which sold more than 1.3 million copies, and the Scofield Reference Bible, published in 1909 and 1919 and revised in 1967.

The Catholic and Orthodox churches as well as the Reformed denominations have no tradition of a preliminary return of Christ and reject the doctrine, in part because they cannot find any reference to it among any of the early Church fathers and find its biblical foundation weak.[9]. Some also reject it because they interpret prophetic scriptures in either an amillennial or postmillennial fashion.

Rapture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh yeah.....it's a bastardization of what comes from the Torah, because one of the predictions in there states that evil will no longer be required (don't ask me......I just heard the Rabbi I was studying with say it), and evil will be winked out of existence.

It's not the good people who are going to leave..........it's the bad ones.

Pre-millennial dispensationalism is a pretty standard belief in many of the modern fundamentalist churches. A belief I see as errant. Modern english translations of the bible such as the NIV have a definite bias towards that view. So much so that I view the NIV as more an interpretation than a translation of the scripture.

There is a wealth of divine knowledge in the Torah, but, I don't see any scriptural support for the view that evil will be "winked out of existence".

Fifty years ago as a child, over lent, I was taught an oral tradition by the most scripturally knowledgeable man I ever met. Though he never used the term in reference to himself, I know now that he was a Methodist Teacher of the Law. Everything he taught me faded from my surface memory for 45 years, then I walked into a church and said an alter prayer.

Forum List

Back