2010 The hottest year on record

The hottest summer on record in Chattanooga ended Wednesday, but those looking for autumn relief from the heat will have to wait until at least Sunday.

WRCB-TV Meteorologist Paul Barys said high temperatures in Chattanooga are expected to remain in the 90s today, Friday and Saturday before cooling off with rain early next week.

“More normal fall temperatures won’t come until Sunday,” Barys said.

BY THE NUMBERS

* 83 — Average temperature in Chattanooga during June, July and August, or 5.2 degrees above normal.

* 7.91 — Inches of rain in Chattanooga during June, July and August, or 4.4 inches below normal.

* 111 — Peak heat index in degrees reached in Nashville on Aug. 4, when the actual temperatures averaged 100 degrees across the Tennessee Valley

* 34 — Number of days this summer on which the heat index in Memphis was at least 105 degrees

This week’s hotter-than-normal weather pushed the mercury on Tuesday to 97 degrees — just one degree shy of the all-time record — and is an extension of what was the warmest June, July and August in Chattanooga since the National Weather Service began keeping temperature records in 1879.
Hottest summer in record extends into autumn | Chattanooga Times Free Press

All these reports of individual Places having heat records in meaning less man. Unless you post them along side with all the places that have had record cool temperatures at the same time. For instance earlier this summer when the East coast and mid west was having Record heat. The pacific Coast was having cooler than normal temps.

Context man, context.

Chris. Is it your goal to simply flood the thread with so much BS, people can not see what anyone else had to say.

Seems to me you do that shit a lot.

These are called facts, not opinions.

No they're called factoids because while they have an element of truth about them, they also have a large degree of untruth about them as well.

The hottest summer on record in Chattanooga ended Wednesday, but those looking for autumn relief from the heat will have to wait until at least Sunday.

WRCB-TV Meteorologist Paul Barys said high temperatures in Chattanooga are expected to remain in the 90s today, Friday and Saturday before cooling off with rain early next week.

BY THE NUMBERS

* 83 — Average temperature in Chattanooga during June, July and August, or 5.2 degrees above normal.

* 7.91 — Inches of rain in Chattanooga during June, July and August, or 4.4 inches below normal.

* 111 — Peak heat index in degrees reached in Nashville on Aug. 4, when the actual temperatures averaged 100 degrees across the Tennessee Valley

* 34 — Number of days this summer on which the heat index in Memphis was at least 105 degrees

This week’s hotter-than-normal weather pushed the mercury on Tuesday to 97 degrees — just one degree shy of the all-time record — and is an extension of what was the warmest June, July and August in Chattanooga since the National Weather Service began keeping temperature records in 1879.

All these reports of individual Places having heat records in meaning less man. Unless you post them along side with all the places that have had record cool temperatures at the same time. For instance earlier this summer when the East coast and mid west was having Record heat. The pacific Coast was having cooler than normal temps.

Context man, context.

Go ahead.

Post all the places that had the coolest summer on record.

Chris. Is it your goal to simply flood the thread with so much BS, people can not see what anyone else had to say.

I didn't call them Opinions. I don't care what they are. I want to know why you feel the need to make multiple posts in a row, which only serve to flood the Thread and overwhelm people. And bury what everyone else says.

That's Chris's MO. He ain't quite right, if you know what I mean. :cuckoo: :eusa_shhh:

No they're called factoids because while they have an element of truth about them, they also have a large degree of untruth about them as well.

No, the truth is, you don't have the balls to admit you are wrong.

Either that or you are working for the American Petroleum Institute.

It doesn’t take a weatherman to know that Southwest Florida swelters in the summer.

But just how hot was the summer of 2010?

Hotter than any other summer on record, according to an analysis by the Natural Resources Defense Council.

Average daytime — and nighttime — temperatures in June, July and August were the hottest ever recorded at two National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration weather stations in Collier and Lee counties, the analysis shows.

The weather station at Page Field in Fort Myers, where data goes back to 1895, averaged 84.3 degrees during the day and 76.3 degrees at night.

The Everglades City airport weather station, where data goes back to 1927, averaged 84.63 degrees during the day and 77.17 degrees at night.

Sweltering temperatures in Southwest Florida set record for hottest summer Naples Daily News

Geez, would you look at that all airports. Hmmm I wonder if all of the increased tarmac around them could be having an effect? When they were built they were very small compared to their size now. Nahh thagt couldn't possibly have an effect! What a poor sad person you are Chris.

I didn't call them Opinions. I don't care what they are. I want to know why you feel the need to make multiple posts in a row, which only serve to flood the Thread and overwhelm people. And bury what everyone else says.

That's Chris's MO. He ain't quite right, if you know what I mean. :cuckoo: :eusa_shhh:

You have no facts, so you resort to personal insults.

How lame.

No, the truth is, you don't have the balls to admit you are wrong.

Either that or you are working for the American Petroleum Institute.

Just like you work for Goldman Sachs there good buddy!:lol::lol::lol:

It doesn’t take a weatherman to know that Southwest Florida swelters in the summer.

But just how hot was the summer of 2010?

Hotter than any other summer on record, according to an analysis by the Natural Resources Defense Council.

Average daytime — and nighttime — temperatures in June, July and August were the hottest ever recorded at two National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration weather stations in Collier and Lee counties, the analysis shows.

The weather station at Page Field in Fort Myers, where data goes back to 1895, averaged 84.3 degrees during the day and 76.3 degrees at night.

The Everglades City airport weather station, where data goes back to 1927, averaged 84.63 degrees during the day and 77.17 degrees at night.

Sweltering temperatures in Southwest Florida set record for hottest summer Naples Daily News

Geez, would you look at that all airports. Hmmm I wonder if all of the increased tarmac around them could be having an effect? When they were built they were very small compared to their size now. Nahh thagt couldn't possibly have an effect! What a poor sad person you are Chris.

Increased tarmac???

In Central Park???

Ha, ha, ha, ha!!!!!

We have increased atmospheric CO2 by 40% in the last 200 years.

We have melted 40% of the North Polar ice cap in the last 50 years.

CO2 is now at its highest level ever recorded, and the Antarctic ice core record goes back 600,000 years.

We are adding 10 billion tons of CO2 to the atmosphere every year. In 100 years that will amount to 1,000 billion tons of additional CO2.

We are warming the earth, my friend.

BY THE NUMBERS

Context man, context.

Go ahead.

lol why should I. You are the one posting media reports of High temps in individual places with no context at all.

has anyone ever studied what Puts out more CO2 in America. Cars or PEOPLE BREATHING. Once we get off the Oil what are we going to do about all that nasty breathing going on?

Context man, context.

Go ahead.

lol why should I. You are the one posting media reports of High temps in individual places with no context at all.

Why should you indeed?

What facts do you have to back up your opinions?

None.

Go ahead.

Coldest summer on record north of 80N in the north pole - Western ...

Aug 15, 2010 ... This actually the coolest summer since record keeping began up there in 1958.

Coolest Summer on Record in Los Angeles

September 23rd, 2010

North East has secound coolest Summer on record,Where is this ...

Jul 14, 2009

Portland finishes up coolest summer in 17 years | KATU.com ...

Sep 2, 2010

Gore's Home State Sets Record Cool Summer Temps | The FOX Nation

Jul 21, 2009

TOURISM: Surfboard shops see sales and rentals cool off

Sep 7, 2010 ... While summer isn't officially over, this season has been the 10th coolest on record along the coast, with few good beach days, according to ...
North County Times - Californian

SECOND-COOLEST JULY ON RECORD? Summer cold

SECOND-COOLEST JULY ON RECORD? Summer cold Thursday, July 23, 2009 3:20 AM By Timothy Magaw. THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH.

NOAA: Summer 2009 was 34th coolest on record; thousands of low ...

Sep 13, 2009

Coldest summer on record - CycloneFanatic

Jul 24, 2008... and most of Alaska is experiencing their coldest summer on record.

Fourth coolest summer on record for South Eastern Michigan ...

2009: Coldest U.S. summer in recent history; 300 low-temp records ...

Coolest summer on record - Google Search

PARIS — The first six months of 2010 brought a string of warmest-ever global temperatures, but connecting these dots to long-term climate change patterns remains frustratingly difficult, experts say.

Not only was last month the hottest June ever recorded, it was the fourth consecutive month in which the standing high mark was topped, according to the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).

Indeed, 2010 has already surpassed 1998 for the most record-breaking months in a calendar year.

As a block, the January-to-June period registered the warmest combined global land and ocean surface temperatures since 1880, when reliable temperature readings began, NOAA said.

Arctic ice cover -- another critical yardstick of global warming -- had also retreated more than ever before by July 1, putting it on track to shrink beyond its smallest area to date, in 2007.

AFP: Climate change to blame for hottest summer ever?

Go ahead.

Coldest summer on record north of 80N in the north pole - Western ...

Aug 15, 2010 ... This actually the coolest summer since record keeping began up there in 1958.

Coolest Summer on Record in Los Angeles

September 23rd, 2010

North East has secound coolest Summer on record,Where is this ...

Jul 14, 2009

Portland finishes up coolest summer in 17 years | KATU.com ...

Sep 2, 2010

Gore's Home State Sets Record Cool Summer Temps | The FOX Nation

Jul 21, 2009

TOURISM: Surfboard shops see sales and rentals cool off

Sep 7, 2010 ... While summer isn't officially over, this season has been the 10th coolest on record along the coast, with few good beach days, according to ...
North County Times - Californian

SECOND-COOLEST JULY ON RECORD? Summer cold

SECOND-COOLEST JULY ON RECORD? Summer cold Thursday, July 23, 2009 3:20 AM By Timothy Magaw. THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH.

NOAA: Summer 2009 was 34th coolest on record; thousands of low ...

Sep 13, 2009

Coldest summer on record - CycloneFanatic

Jul 24, 2008... and most of Alaska is experiencing their coldest summer on record.

Fourth coolest summer on record for South Eastern Michigan ...

2009: Coldest U.S. summer in recent history; 300 low-temp records ...

Coolest summer on record - Google Search

Now that was some funny shit!

You posted links to this message board as proof and blog postings with no links.

I love it!

Sorry, you really have nothing.

I would advise you to google "record temperatures" and see how many record cool tempertures you come up with compared to record hot temperatures.

Go ahead.

Why should you indeed?

None.

lol so you are the one posting only reports of High temps, but I have to show facts?

Get real dude.

just to me nice ill post a couple

What summer? Record cold at LAX as July gloom continues

Cooler-than-normal summer doesn?t deter visitors | Brookings Oregon News, Sports, & Weather | The Curry Coastal Pilot
As most of the U.S. bakes in what the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration says is among the hottest summers on record, the Curry County coast is deep into one of the coldest summers on record.

Overall, summer cooler than average | average, temperatures, summer - Local News - Appeal-Democrat
Overall, summer cooler than average

now Chris, Try to understand, I am not even disputing that over all this summer has been hotter than normal in the Northern Hemisphere.

What I am doing this for is to point out to you and others. that you cherry pick stuff that supports your beliefs and ignore the stuff that does not.

These reports were not hard to find. Yet you just keep posting reports of High temps and never give us any context.

If you really want to be informed and know the truth. You can not do it by cherry picking the news that supports a belief you already hold. Stop typing Record High temps into google, and type Record Temps :) Sure you will still find things have been hotter over all. But people might just give you more thought if you were not so Clearly trying to support one side while ignoring anything that does not jive with it.

Last edited:
Missouri, from your own link....

http://www.thorntonweather.com/blog...-on-record-thousands-of-low-temp-records-set/

Over the three month period, stations reporting to the National Climatic Data Center (NCDC) showed 2,254 daily record low temperatures and 1,296 low temperature records were tied according to preliminary data. Similarly, 4,051 daily record low maximums were recorded and 1,501 records were tied across the nation during the summer.

Almost two to one in favor of record low maximums. And this is from some right wing blog with no real links to the facts they are claiming.

Thanks for proving my point!

Last edited:
Missouri, from your own link....

Over the three month period, stations reporting to the National Climatic Data Center (NCDC) showed 2,254 daily record low temperatures and 1,296 low temperature records were tied according to preliminary data. Similarly, 4,051 daily record low maximums were recorded and 1,501 records were tied across the nation during the summer.

Almost two to one in favor of record low maximums. And this is from some right wing blog with no real links to the facts they are claiming.

Thanks for proving my point!

Um it summer that is to be expected. Get back to us in the winter. when it will be 2 to 1 in favor of record lows.

Why should you indeed?

None.

lol so you are the one posting only reports of High temps, but I have to show facts?

Get real dude.

just to me nice ill post a couple

Cooler-than-normal summer doesn?t deter visitors | Brookings Oregon News, Sports, & Weather | The Curry Coastal Pilot
As most of the U.S. bakes in what the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration says is among the hottest summers on record, the Curry County coast is deep into one of the coldest summers on record.
Overall, summer cooler than average | average, temperatures, summer - Local News - Appeal-Democrat
Overall, summer cooler than average
now Chris, Try to understand, I am not even disputing that over all this summer has been hotter than normal in the Northern Hemisphere.

What I am doing this for is to point out to you and others. that you cherry pick stuff that supports your beliefs and ignore the stuff that does not.

These reports were not hard to find. Yet you just keep posting reports of High temps and never give us any context.

If you really want to be informed and know the truth. You can not do it by cherry picking the news that supports a belief you already hold.

Chris isn't interested in the truth.

He'll just continue spamming the board with his BS until you give up on replying.

In Chris' warped mind he will have won.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back