• Yankees in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yankees in 5

• Yankees in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I never said he isn't a great post season pitcher...I said his past few starts he wasn't pitching nearly as good...and guess what he hasn't!

No tmy fault your the fuckin homer here and are the only red sox fan who can't see that.

I never said he isn't a great post season pitcher...I said his past few starts he wasn't pitching nearly as good...and guess what he hasn't!

No tmy fault your the fuckin homer here and are the only red sox fan who can't see that.

His pitching wasn't his best in the last few starts, but I'd still take Beckett over C.C anyday. I never said he was going out there throwing stellar stuff lately. However, if I had to draft a team, I'd pick Beckett.

Again, what's with the anger? I would recommend getting checked for that.

Part of me just wants to see the Yankees lose at this point for the mental breakdown you'll have. I can already see your argument now for when they lose, "Well, we got farther than the Sox!"

hell if the Yanks lose they lose...Angels are a great team. I have no anger...You have the baseball knowledge of a coconut.

Sure if you made a draft you can make an arguement but for right now pitching tomorrow...I pick CC...he is healthier and throwing better then Beckett...No question

I'm sure you would also pick Papelbomb over Mo as well

hell if the Yanks lose they lose...Angels are a great team. I have no anger...You have the baseball knowledge of a coconut.

Sure if you made a draft you can make an arguement but for right now pitching tomorrow...I pick CC...he is healthier and throwing better then Beckett...No question

I'm sure you would also pick Papelbomb over Mo as well

Yes, I would. Mo may be a great pitcher but he is getting up there in age. If I'm picking for the long term I do want Papelbon. Unless once again, you think Rivera's going to pitch to 50.

As for CC being healthier, you think he's that healthy? :eusa_eh:

lol CC not healthy huh?

CC- 34 Games pitched
230 Innings Pitched
198 K's
1.15 WHIP
3.37 ERA
19-8 Record

Beckett- 32 Games Pitched
212 Innings Pitched
199 Strike Outs
1.19 WHIP
3.86 ERA
17-6 Record

CC had the better year and so far has pitched much better in the post season. The guy is a fucking workhorse...he may be fat but it obviously works for him and he is healthy at the moment...there is something obviously wrong with Beckett. At this point and time...I'll take CC

Yes Mo is getting up there in Age and yet keeps doing better and better then years past...amazing ain't it

Sorry Robert but Andrew is right (for the most part)

Since Beckett has come to Boston here are his primary numbers:

65-34
4.05 ERA
723 SO's in 792 IP
1.205 WHIP
94 HR

And here's Sabathia during that same stretch:

67-36
3.11 ERA
829 SO's in 916.2 IP
1.142 WHIP
74 HR

Sorry man but CC is better in every category and MUCH more of a consistent pitcher.

Now if it's game 7 and the money is on the line I'll take Beckett over CC or anyone else in the Yankee rotation but other than that CC is WAY more productive.

Now if it's game 7 and the money is on the line I'll take Beckett over CC or anyone else in the Yankee rotation but other than that CC is WAY more productive.

Fair statement...Beckett is a big game pitcher...he always has the ability to shut you down in a big game. Over the long haul tho, CC is having better numbers

$images.jpeg

Andrew, Mo is approaching 40. He just had surgery in the off-season last year correct? I'm not denying he isn't anything but the best closer of all time. However, at some point he is going to become like MJ did if he stays and it won't be pretty. What will happen is his stats will start to decline and will continue to do so.

Sorry man but CC is better in every category and MUCH more of a consistent pitcher.

I will say one thing tho...if CC continues with a dominant post season...this sentiment would probably change if CC can prove himself to be a big game shut down pitcher. He is being given that chance now with a legit team behind him

Andrew, Mo is approaching 40. He just had surgery in the off-season last year correct? I'm not denying he isn't anything but the best closer of all time. However, at some point he is going to become like MJ did if he stays and it won't be pretty. What will happen is his stats will start to decline and will continue to do so.

yeah the question is when will that be....you don't go from 43 saves and a 1.5 era to 20 saves and a 4 era over one season.

The only sign of decline he has shown is that people tend to hit bloops to the outfield sometimes...he is still 99.99% reliable.

I say the same thing how much longer can he go but then next season rolls around and he is still as dominant as the year prior.

I will say one thing tho...if CC continues with a dominant post season...this sentiment would probably change if CC can prove himself to be a big game shut down pitcher. He is being given that chance now with a legit team behind him

That's what CC has to do. He has to win Game 1 of this series and if he pitches again. He also needs to win in the WS if the Yankees move on. If he continues to blow it in the playoffs like last year, he won't be considered as clutch due to the struggles in the playoffs.

yeah the question is when will that be....you don't go from 43 saves and a 1.5 era to 20 saves and a 4 era over one season.

The only sign of decline he has shown is that people tend to hit bloops to the outfield sometimes...he is still 99.99% reliable.

I say the same thing how much longer can he go but then next season rolls around and he is still as dominant as the year prior.

Sometimes you do. Sometimes it's a steady decline and sometimes it happens all at once.

I doubt it will happen to Rivera but you can never know now a days.

You're right, a dominant post season would help his reputation immensely but he's got a ways to go before he catches up to Beckett's playoff mystique (the last two season's excluded) and might not ever get there if for nothing other than how Beckett made his bones back in 2003. That shit was unreal.

If Theo fucks up and doesn't trade Papelbon this off season he's going to be a Yankee in 2011.

He will prolly be a Yankee anyway.

You're right, a dominant post season would help his reputation immensely but he's got a ways to go before he catches up to Beckett's playoff mystique (the last two season's excluded) and might not ever get there if for nothing other than how Beckett made his bones back in 2003. That shit was unreal.

And surprisingly, both teams won in that trade between the Red Sox and Marlins. A lot of the time deals are one-sided but not that one.

I agree with what you're saying though Art. It's the playoffs that make great pitchers either just great pitchers or legends.

Last edited:
If Theo fucks up and doesn't trade Papelbon this off season he's going to be a Yankee in 2011.

He will prolly be a Yankee anyway.

Just curious, what makes you say that?

Because he's gone once he's no longer under team control. He wants the big money, the Yanks have it, the Sox wont pay it, and Rivera ain't exactly a spring chicken anymore.

Move him now in a package for a big bat or front of the rotation starter (preferrably a big bat) and either pick up Saito or Wagner's option then continue to groom Bard next season for his eventual takeover of the closer role.

Forum List

Back