2 men shot dead after trying to break into South Philadelphia home, police say

The law in the UK, covered a billion times in other threads, allows you to use reasonable force in the circumstances. So if you're attacked with a paperclip, you fight back with a paperclip. If you are attacked by a knife, you defend yourself with a knife. If you're attacked by a gun, you unlock yours and fight back with with a gun. Does that sound logical?

In America, someone fights you with a paperclip, and everyone whoops and slaps hands because you went straight for your gun and shot off 40 rounds.
Do you not see the idiocy in that? The experienced fighting bad guy breaks into the home of the senior citizen couple. Bad guy has a knife. 70 year old man must now have a knife fight with a bigger, younger, stronger, more experienced bad guy and if he loses, well, tough shit?

Here's how I fight: I fight to immediately overpower my opponent with every thing I have available to me in the shortest time possible. If I fear death or great bodily harm to me or mine, I use overwhelming force, not like force. The fight will be over in 20 seconds... Either me or the bad guy is going down and going down either in disabling level of pain or dead...

By your rules, the weak are always just victims. If you don't want me to use all available force to defend my family or me, stay the fuck out of my house.

Edit: and I forgot to mention. If a bad guy breaks into your house you'll have to have an array of weapons available so that you can match the invader. You wouldn't want to only have a baseball bat when the attacker has only his fists.

Keep a full array of weapons and then ask the invader to please let you know what weapons he has and hold off just one second while I select the appropriate counter weapon.

In my house, we will not be having a fair fight. If you break into my house I will overcome you with all available force and I will do it in seconds. It only takes less than 2 seconds for a bad guy to kick in the door, cross the room with whatever unknown weapon he might have, and end my life or my wife's.

I have an amazing home security and surveillance system and I'll know, 24/7, that you're coming before you get to the door. I'll be prepared when the door opens. What I won't know is what weapons or firearms or knives or other things you might have to harm me. Given the time I have to decide, I will assume a gun or knife and the intent to use them. A home invader probably has about a quarter of a second to recognize their mistake and either collapse submissively to the floor or change directions back out of the house. It would never be my intent to hurt or kill them but I will absolutely stop them or die trying.

Last edited:
Do you not see the idiocy in that? The experienced fighting bad guy breaks into the home of the senior citizen couple. Bad guy has a knife. 70 year old man must now have a knife fight with a bigger, younger, stronger, more experienced bad guy and if he loses, well, tough shit?

Here's how I fight: I fight to immediately overpower my opponent with every thing I have available to me in the shortest time possible. If I fear death or great bodily harm to me or mine, I use overwhelming force, not like force. The fight will be over in 20 seconds... Either me or the bad guy is going down and going down either in disabling level of pain or dead...

By your rules, the weak are always just victims. If you don't want me to use all available force to defend my family or me, stay the fuck out of my house.

Edit: and I forgot to mention. If a bad guy breaks into your house you'll have to have an array of weapons available so that you can match the invader. You wouldn't want to only have a baseball bat when the attacker has only his fists.

Keep a full array of weapons and then ask the invader to please let you know what weapons he has and hold off just one second while I select the appropriate counter weapon.

In my house, we will not be having a fair fight. If you break into my house I will overcome you with all available force and I will do it in seconds. It only takes less than 2 seconds for a bad guy to kick in the door, cross the room with whatever unknown weapon he might have, and end my life or my wife's.

I have an amazing home security and surveillance system and I'll know, 24/7, that you're coming before you get to the door. I'll be prepared when the door opens. What I won't know is what weapons or firearms or knives or other things you might have to harm me. Given the time I have to decide, I will assume a gun or knife and the intent to use them. A home invader probably has about a quarter of a second to recognize their mistake and either collapse submissively to the floor or change directions back out of the house. It would never be my intent to hurt or kill them but I will absolutely stop them or die trying.
Nope

Wow. So you, and your sissy nation, let the weak be slaughtered and you just don't care. You're probably one of those who believe, what with all of your talk about responsibilities, that it is the responsibility of the old and weak to die.

What we should have done at the end of WWII was to demand the UK and France surrender fully to the United States and become territories. That way we could help provide for the liberty and safety of your people that you and your government refuse to provide.

The law in the UK, covered a billion times in other threads, allows you to use reasonable force in the circumstances. So if you're attacked with a paperclip, you fight back with a paperclip. If you are attacked by a knife, you defend yourself with a knife. If you're attacked by a gun, you unlock yours and fight back with with a gun. Does that sound logical?

In America, someone fights you with a paperclip, and everyone whoops and slaps hands because you went straight for your gun and shot off 40 rounds.
No, British law is stupid.

If someone breaks in my home and uses a weapon against me and my family, I should have the UNCONDITIONAL right to defend myself and my family.

Yeah... I am going to go ahead and make the leap that there is more to this than what appears on the surface.
Two men trying to force their way in... TWO men inside blast them with 15 rounds.
I go with what the neighbor said - "we have a double homicide involving 4 people and they were all shooting guns at each other".
Yeah. Not a simple robbery attempt.
Agreed. Drugs, gang bangers, money and guns and kabooom.

No, British law is stupid.

If someone breaks in my home and uses a weapon against me and my family, I should have the UNCONDITIONAL right to defend myself and my family.
British self defence laws, as in the law regarding reasonable force, has also been covered a billion times. You are unaware of both, hence your meaningless post.

One of the forum gun nut thickos, being thick again. In the UK, your gun would be at home secured. If you were going to be burgled and if they were armed, you would use reasonable force, so you too would get your gun, shout a warning. And that is in a gun control country.

If brains were dynamite, you haven't got enough to blow your hat off.
Don’t you mean disassembled and secured with the ammo secured in a different place? By the time you could deploy the gun, you’d be dead, your wife and daughter raped and your house looted of everything valuable,

I seriously doubt you could find a single American willing to immigrate to the UK. We aren’t subjects, we are citizens.
Amanda Rae

I seriously doubt you could find a brain cell between your lugs.

And it's clear you have fuck all knowledge on the British Civil War.

No, it sounds seriously stupid even for a whinging pom. If you attack me with a knife and I've got a gun, I'm going to shoot to kill, not run around looking for a knife.

IDIOT!

You're too stupid to be alive. Go attack one of your chav neighbors in your counsel flats with a paperclip and see what happens. Perhaps the aforementioned problem will be solved.
Well faggot, sounds like you're too wimpy to live in the UK, you use reasonable force here. If the reasonable force means a gun, you use your gun. If the reasonable force didn't warrant a gun and you used a gun, you would likely end up in jail, it's very simple.

Forum List

Back