2.2% drop in unemployment enrages Republicans.

Summer jobs at Dairy Queen ect always cause a slight bump in employment.

Taking into account that Bush Jr left office January 20, 2009 & that the Obama Administration’s cabinet was finalized & approved by Congress in February 2009 at which time the unemployment rate was 8.3%.

By my calc with today’s July 2014 news of 6.1% unemployment rate means a drop of 2.2% in unemployment & dropping fast.

My Reference on the February 2009 unemployment rate: Graph: Unemployment rate (seasonally adjusted)
My Reference on the present 6.1% & dropping fast unemployment rate that upsets Republicans: ? Fox Business Host Actually Whines On Twitter About Low Unemployment Rate, Thinks It?s Bad For Economy

Best Regards
Lobato1

I don't think most Americans find these kind of statistics to be very compelling. Most of the new employment added to the economy is shitty low wage jobs. People can see for themselves where all the prosperity has gone during the Obama years. Too bad we can't all have corporate lobbyists promoting our interests.

You can quibble with the stats - but as long as we are comparing apples to apples - then unemployment IS dropping.

As fast as I would like? Nope
At wages I would like? Nope

But it IS improving and when one political party has hitched their wagon to "EVERYTHING SUCKS" then a cottage industry of "Things are worse than you think" springs up.

I don't blame the devotees for doing whatever they can to grind their ax. I blame those who swallow it without checking under the hood.

You can quibble with the stats - but as long as we are comparing apples to apples - then unemployment IS dropping.

But it IS improving and when one political party has hitched their wagon to "EVERYTHING SUCKS" then a cottage industry of "Things are worse than you think" springs up.

I don't blame the devotees for doing whatever they can to grind their ax. I blame those who swallow it without checking under the hood.

No you're wrong, the statistics are completely misleading because they don't take into account all the people who have simply given up looking for work. The opportunities just aren't there, and everyone knows it. The real unemployment figures are probably far in excess of 10%.

Living wages & employment piss Republicans off to no end.

USA Today - Study: States that raised minimum wage had stronger job growth

"A recent study by the Center for Economic and Policy Research attempts to undercut the argument that raising the minimum wage kills jobs.

The study, which updates a Goldman Sachs analysis to include data from April and May, shows that the 13 states that increased their minimum wages on Jan. 1 have had stronger employment growth than the 37 states that didn’t. The study compared average employment during the first five months of 2014 with the last five months of 2013.

...low-wage workers tend to spend nearly all their extra cash, lifting the local economy and creating more jobs."

No you're wrong, the statistics are completely misleading because they don't take into account all the people who have simply given up looking for work. The opportunities just aren't there, and everyone knows it. The real unemployment figures are probably far in excess of 10%.

You Lie! - Obama is mopping the floor with both Bush's. They could only dream of having Obama's increased employment rates. For 5 years now Household Income, Hires & Quits rates have been rising while the Unemployment & U-6 rates have been falling. :eusa_clap:

Employment is rising at increasing velocity. First 6 months of 2014 average 231k jobs added per month, last year the average was 194K jobs added per month. :eusa_clap:

The last time over 200,000 new jobs were created 6 months in a row was in 1999 when Bill Clinton was president! :eusa_clap:

Bush took the employment rate of working age population from 74% down to 65%. :eek:

Bush destroyed 18 million jobs. :eek:

Obama took the employment rate of working age population from 65% up to 69%. :eusa_clap:

Obama restored or created 8 million jobs. :eusa_clap:

Employment Rate of Working Age Population
14636082863_ac5e0c4fac_z.jpg

Job Creation
privatesectorpayroll_big.jpg

Last edited:

"A recent study by the Center for Economic and Policy Research attempts to undercut the argument that raising the minimum wage kills jobs.

The study, which updates a Goldman Sachs analysis to include data from April and May, shows that the 13 states that increased their minimum wages on Jan. 1 have had stronger employment growth than the 37 states that didn’t. The study compared average employment during the first five months of 2014 with the last five months of 2013.

...low-wage workers tend to spend nearly all their extra cash, lifting the local economy and creating more jobs."

So instead of reaching for the dream Americans are left to squabble over the crumbs.

You Lie! - Obama is mopping the floor with both Bush's. They could only dream of having Obama's increased employment rates. For 5 years now Household Income, Hires & Quits rates have been rising while the Unemployment & U-6 rates have been falling. :eusa_clap:

Employment is rising at increasing velocity. First 6 months of 2014 average 231k jobs added per month, last year the average was 194K jobs added per month. :eusa_clap:

The last time over 200,000 new jobs were created 6 months in a row was in 1999 when Bill Clinton was president! :eusa_clap:

Bush took the employment rate of working age population from 74% down to 65%. :eek:

Bush destroyed 18 million jobs. :eek:

Obama took the employment rate of working age population from 65% up to 69%. :eusa_clap:

Obama restored or created 8 million jobs. :eusa_clap:

fredgraph.png

Job Creation
privatesectorpayroll_big.jpg

Making comparisons with Bush isn't exactly setting a high standard.

Making comparisons with Bush isn't exactly setting a high standard.

Notice the most rapid increase in employment was between 1993 & 1995 under Democrats President Bill Clinton, Democrat House & Senate. Then when Republicans took Congress the increasing employment rate slowed. Then when Republican President Bush with Republican Congress destroyed massive jobs. Reagan & Both Bush's caused multiple recessions & a Great Recession. Democrat Clinton & Obama did not not caused any recessions.

14636082863_ac5e0c4fac_z.jpg

Last edited:

So instead of reaching for the dream Americans are left to squabble over the crumbs.

Like I said, I knew you Republicans would be pissed. You hate it when employers pay workers for the wealth they create instead of stealing it for wallstreet. You hate having to pay them enough so tax payers don't have to support them. You hate it when workers can spend their own money instead of relying on government causing deficit spending & inflation. You also hate the workers spending their money creating jobs that get more people off the government tit & lowering inflation even more. You hate it the most that reduced government dependance cuts the need for government employees, thus lowering deficit spending & inflation.

Last edited:
Taking into account that Bush Jr left office January 20, 2009 & that the Obama Administration’s cabinet was finalized & approved by Congress in February 2009 at which time the unemployment rate was 8.3%.

By my calc with today’s July 2014 news of 6.1% unemployment rate means a drop of 2.2% in unemployment & dropping fast.

My Reference on the February 2009 unemployment rate: Graph: Unemployment rate (seasonally adjusted)
My Reference on the present 6.1% & dropping fast unemployment rate that upsets Republicans: ? Fox Business Host Actually Whines On Twitter About Low Unemployment Rate, Thinks It?s Bad For Economy

Best Regards
Lobato1

The republicans force the democrats to end unemployment extensions that were paying people to stay unemployed for 2years... the democrats screamed bloody murder about it for years. Then after the republicans get their way and the unemployment extensions are cut off, the unemployment goes down those folks get paid to sit for two straight years remaining on the permanently unemployed line. Then the democrats take credit for what the republicans did.

You can't scream bloody murder about something the republicans force you to do then try to take credit for it afterwards.

Additionally, a good number of those permanently unemployed people got onto the permanently disabled welfare line by taking advantage of Obama having killed the welfare reforms clinton put through.

Last edited:

The opportunities are a plenty. The problem is our POTUS turned off welfare reform. People have stopped working because Obama and the democrats are paying them to rob us blind.

Last edited:
this shouldn't even be in the clean debate zone with that ugly shit stirring title

The Great Recession caused by Republicans plus 10,000 Baby Boomers retiring every day tend to increase the government dole. How about comparing able bodied working age people on the government dole at the beginning & end of Bush & Obama's terms. :D

The Great Recession caused by Republicans plus 10,000 Baby Boomers retiring every day tend to increase the government dole. How about comparing able bodied working age people on the government dole at the beginning & end of Bush & Obama's terms. :D

Remind me again, when did the democrats take both houses? Was that in 2006?

Wrong again. It was 2007.

Remind me again when Bush found his Veto Pen?

Forum List

Back