17 year old boy murders his 10 year old brother.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by random3434, Dec 3, 2009.

1. random3434

random3434 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,194
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    Echo, you are completely depressing me.

3. random3434

random3434 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,194
    I subscribe to updates on local news on my emails, my last 3 threads on here are from there. It is depressing, isn't it. :(

That 17 yo is a seriously sick person, and does need to be locked up before he kills more people.

4. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    he should ride the needle, imo.

5. Terry

Terry Shut the $%$ Up!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,091
    A killer that will kill again if he ever gets out. Just from this statement he made:

6. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    This stuff is just so sad. Sad for the family, sad for the little boy who died, sad for everyone. Obviously the 17 year old has some issued...he almost sounds like he's diminished capacity or something, in which case he should never have been left alone with his brother.

And, believe me, NORMAL 17 year old boys are volatile (and 10 year olds are exceedingly annoying)....they haven't learned to control themselves when they aren't batshit crazy, dysfunctional, or otherwise have something wrong with them. Impulse control is almost non-existent in 17 year olds which is why mothers of kids that age get old overnight.

7. asaratis

asaratis Uppity Senior Citizen Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,520
    Makes me wonder what it is that warped Andrew's mind. Even to kill a stranger like that takes a bent mind...but your own little brother? I also wonder what his state-paid defense lawyers will say to the jury and how many millions will be paid out for trials and appeals.

8. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    It could be anything. It could be he has organic brain damage (think frontal lobe, impulse control), he could just be crazy, he might be the product of his environment, or a combination of a whole bunch of things.

Kids do this stuff fairly regularly. Not OFTEN but it happens once or twice a year, often it doesn't even make the big news. We had a girl, I think, in Walla Walla a few years ago who killed a sibling in like manner....duct taped her to a chair, duct taped a bag around her head, let her die. She might even have set fire to her, I don't remember. It was just lunatic.

9. Samson

Samson Póg Mo Thóin Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,210
    Well, when I read the thread's title "17 year old boy murders his 10 year old brother," I really wasn't expecting Wine and Roses.

At any rate, I find it very difficult to believe that this guy's parents didn't notice his decent into mental illness well before he killed his brother. But I can also very easily sympathise with them....The difference in age between my older son (coincidently named Andrew) and his younger brother is a little less than two years.

My Andrew was about 13 when he lost his freakin' marbles, and he didn't get them back for almost 3 years. We began with therapy, advanced to seeing a psychiatrist, then he was arrested, then he went to jail, then he was committed to a mental hospital (a second time), and finally we relinquished our parental rights to the county, which placed him in an insane asylum (today they call them "Residential Treatment Centers) where he stayed 9 months.

My point here is that there was a period of time when we were actually afraid of him, and had placed an alarm on his door. He had attacked his younger brother (no serious damage).

Its not easy living with someone like this, and the potential for tragedy like the one in this article, much less the ACTUAL Tragedy. These parents have lost two sons. It could happen to anyone. I never imagined we would be affected.

10. Terry

Terry Shut the $%$ Up!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,091
    He is more then mental, he is a natural born killer. He stated he had to because it was like seeing a hamburger in front of you therefore you eat it. I've heard other serial killers state that they killed because it was like breathing for them. This kid probably had fantasies for a long time about killing. His urge became so great, and I bet what triggered it was in part the thought of his GF and giving her that ring, to him that relationship was probably his foreplay so to speak to killing.

Sorry for the young boy that died but at least this one is caught early for I bet this kid would have learned his trade and perfect it before getting caught.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1