168 Republicans voted to raise your taxes!

The Republicans are holding out for a compromise.

If the Dems want to give tax breaks on incomes less than $250K, the only way they'll get the Reps to go along is if they ALSO extend the tx cuts for billionaires.

Personally, I think the RNC and DNC are in this sham together.

They both know that if the tax system were truly progressive, we'd have fifty tax backets instead of just three.

You partisans on both sides are being duped.

I know how you feel brother.

This country is truely fucked up.

The sad thing is the dems are still are only hope

You really think that the DEMS are going to radically change the way society works?

Okay, let me ask you this, then.

What POTUS signed the bill which allowed DEREIVATIVES (which are the major reason we're in a depression) to exist SANS regulations?

Here's a hint...

His initials were William Jefferson Clinton.

So if we were going to assign BLAME to one person (now that wouldn't be sensible, but it is done so often, so let's play that game, shall we?) then the ONE PERSON most responsible for the current economic meltdown is what?

He's a fucking DEMOCRAT.

Now if your point is that the Dems tend to treat the working classes more kindly while they're in the back room cutting deals that are putting us on WELFARE, I wouldn't disagree with that,

But my point is, when it comes to the policies and laws that REALLY MATTER to the economy, there isn't a DIMES worht of difference between the parties.

Exactly
when it comes to the policies and laws that REALLY MATTER to the economy, there isn't a DIMES worht of difference between the parties

That should tell you just how fucked up it is. It on Pelosi's website and redirectes you to something else.
Which if you think about it that's how the democrats do thing anyway.
No, it doesn't.

Only someone who is to incompetent to see wouldn't understand it. Liberals are that way.

And damn it if your going to quote what I post quote the whiole fucking post. and then quote what you are responding to.

Last edited:
There is a dimes worth of differance.

Your guys want to have us completely OWNED by the corprations.

The dems atr least have to throw the people tid bits.

Tid bits are better than slave shackles.

There is a dimes worth of differance.

Your guys want to have us completely OWNED by the corprations.

The dems atr least have to throw the people tid bits.

Tid bits are better than slave shackles.

Well if thats true doing it their way is by choice, doing it your way and the liberal way there is no choice in the matter. Corprate CEO's believe in the bottom line of cost and what they will lose if we do not buy their product. Government tells you what products to buy.

Last edited:
Your link goes to a bill about airports, not raising taxes
Yeah, it's a bad link on Speaker Pelosi's website:

The Gavel Blog Archive House Passes Middle Class Tax Cuts 234-188

It's the The Middle Class Tax Relief Act of 2010. But the numbers are the same. Was this tax cut extention part of the airport bill?

That should tell you just how fucked up it is. It on Pelosi's website and redirectes you to something else. Which if you think about it that's how the democrats do thing anyway.
Jeez - another one who doesn't know how to read a thread.

Your link goes to a bill about airports, not raising taxes
Yeah, it's a bad link on Speaker Pelosi's website:

The Gavel Blog Archive House Passes Middle Class Tax Cuts 234-188

It's the The Middle Class Tax Relief Act of 2010. But the numbers are the same. Was this tax cut extention part of the airport bill?

That should tell you just how fucked up it is. It on Pelosi's website and redirectes you to something else. Which if you think about it that's how the democrats do thing anyway.

Comment reposted by popular demand.:lol:

That's right - 168 Republicans voted to raise your taxes!

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2010/roll604.xml

I suppose a half a truth is better than none.

The way the Dems packaged the Sun setting of this package of Cuts was that this was not a tax hike; it was simply a return to the rates that were in force.

I suppose that they thought that if they put that crap into a brown bag and said that it wasn not crap in a brown bag but was only a brown bag and was exactly like something that everyone like, everyone would like it.

Crap still smells like crap. How stupid do they think we are?

If I'm paying 20% now and they want me to pay 23% next year, that's a tax hike. If they want to raise the taxes on some but not on others, that favoritism. If they want to give half the people in the country a pass to pay nothing, that's favoritism.

Then you should be complaining to a wingnut, not me. They are the ones complaining that Democrats are trying to raise taxes rather than letting a tax cut expire, as it was meant to do.

I'm just using their fucked up rhetoric against them.

And it isn't close to half the country. It's 98% of the country vs. the richest 2%.

Last edited:

You really think that the DEMS are going to radically change the way society works?

What POTUS signed the bill which allowed DEREIVATIVES (which are the major reason we're in a depression) to exist SANS regulations?

Here's a hint...

So if we were going to assign BLAME to one person (now that wouldn't be sensible, but it is done so often, so let's play that game, shall we?) then the ONE PERSON most responsible for the current economic meltdown is what?

He's a fucking DEMOCRAT.

Now if your point is that the Dems tend to treat the working classes more kindly while they're in the back room cutting deals that are putting us on WELFARE, I wouldn't disagree with that,

But my point is, when it comes to the policies and laws that REALLY MATTER to the economy, there isn't a DIMES worht of difference between the parties.

Would clinton have written that bill or signed it if we did not have a republican controled congress at the time?

VETO power? No Clinton was completely on board with this. He wasn't a reluctant signer, he signed that bill into law because he believed his advisors (Randian asshats to the man!) that it was a good idea.

And what is most derivative trading?

It is raw, unbridled speculation that serves not MARKET purpose.

I'm sorry, but there's just no way in hell that anybody paying attention can say that the economy is PURELY the result of BAD REPUBLICAN adtivities.

Both of our major parties have been conspiring (or at least agreeing openly) to bankropt this nation and we the people for nearly 40 years.

I agree with you I really do, Its looking like Obama and some of the congress are bought too.

They likely are.

One only need look at his HC plan to see that the Dems aren't remotely interested in really dealing with the problems we face.

The sad sad thing is the dems still have more to offer than the right wing in this country.

Good cop/bad cop, amigo. For some of us the Ds look like the good cops, for other the Rs look like the good cops.

The fact is they're essentially the same DAMNED INSIDERS' party.

The republicans are a wholy owned subsiderary of the corporate owners.

As are the Dems.

The dems at least have to throw us tid bits.

Yes, true.

Its Fucked I wont deny it.

But Im not going to just give up OR join the criminal side.

You and I have no choice.

They're BOTH the criminal side.

They are functionaries overseeing the transfer of power and wealth from this nation to some shadowly INTERNATIONAL CABAL.

And you can expect that should any third party ever attain poplular support, that the same system which corrupted these two parties will corrupt those new parties.

As long as we have a Supreme court telling us that money = FREE SPEECH, and and CORPORATIONS ARE PEOPLE, TOO, a PLUTOCRACY is inevitably going to rule the roost.

The America that most of us think we live in hasn't existed (if ever) in my lifetime.

The Republicans are holding out for a compromise.

If the Dems want to give tax breaks on incomes less than $250K, the only way they'll get the Reps to go along is if they ALSO extend the tx cuts for billionaires.

Personally, I think the RNC and DNC are in this sham together.

They both know that if the tax system were truly progressive, we'd have fifty tax backets instead of just three.

You partisans on both sides are being duped.

Here's a hint...

He's a fucking DEMOCRAT.

Talk about half-truths!

This goes back to Reagan's last days in office, and Wendy Gramm, wife of Phil. It continued with Clinton signing the Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000, authored by Phil Gramm, and broght to Clinton on December 21, 2000, 4 days before Christmas, and in the midst of Monicagate. Now, how many times do you see Congress doing anything that close to Christmas?

Read up: Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's a hint...

He's a fucking DEMOCRAT.

Would clinton have written that bill or signed it if we did not have a republican controled congress at the time?

I agree with you I really do, Its looking like Obama and some of the congress are bought too.

They likely are.

The sad sad thing is the dems still have more to offer than the right wing in this country.

Clinton could not have written the bill because only Congress writes bills. This one was written by Phil Gramm and other far-Right Regressives.

Here's a hint...

He's a fucking DEMOCRAT.

They likely are.

Clinton could not have written the bill because only Congress writes bills. This one was written by Phil Gramm and other far-Right Regressives.

It actually ws writtne by the lobbiest and Gramm left congress soon after for a cushy job at UBS bank

Turns out it wasn't. It was attached to the bill in the link.

Were you ready to slam Speaker Pelosi for her webmaster skillz? :lol:

no. you may select another option.

please come again sir. :lol:
I guess you were making a joke. Sorry that I didn't get it. :(

no problem, the joke is simply I think that directing someone to the House speakers sit e strikes me as funny, if I directed someone to Boehners site I'd expect some laughter.....

Here's a hint...

He's a fucking DEMOCRAT.

Talk about half-truths!

This goes back to Reagan's last days in office, and Wendy Gramm, wife of Phil. It continued with Clinton signing the Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000, authored by Phil Gramm, and broght to Clinton on December 21, 2000, 4 days before Christmas, and in the midst of Monicagate. Now, how many times do you see Congress doing anything that close to Christmas?

Read up: Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

obamacare 2009

Forum List

Back