168 Republicans voted to raise your taxes!

if that were the case, why would people close to the next bracket do everything they can to avoid going into it

you are wrong

Dude, I'm right. Look it up how our tax brackets work. Everyone is taxed the same on the same income earned. The tax increase for is only for income earned over 250k. The first 250k is taxed just like the rest of us.
that is not how it is
you go into the next bracket, your entire income is taxed at that rate

OMG You're NOT serious!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Which means that everybody, MORON, gets the tax cut up to 250k ... even those making more than it.

Once again for the terminally stupid. That means if they do not make permanent or extend all the taxes as now that those making more then 250000 pay MORE starting next year. A higher percent. Every dollar over that mark goes into a higher bracket.

But you already know that and are trying to confuse the gullible.

They get the same tax cut everybody else gets up to 250k. Everyone still gets a tax cut, including +250k earners, and that's a fact, Jack.

this is of the dumbest post i've seen on this board....

according to A15...if you get a tax cut for the money you make that is 250K or less.....but --> if your taxes go UP on any monies made after that....you still get a tax cut.

so, in his world, you can get a tax cut on a portion, and raise in the other portion, which likely is MORE than the cut....and that is still a tax "cut"

Yes, it does. Every single American gets a tax cut on the first $250,000.

Do you have any more FAIL to spread?

First, nobody is getting a tax cut. The options right now are to raise taxes on everyone, some, or none. Secondly, the tax increase on the amount over 250K is more than the savings on your so-called "tax cut."

The Bush tax legislation raises the taxes in 2011. The tax increase is already in place legislatively. Only a tax cut can change that.

oh, like the AMT? please, you are stretching semantics to the point of no return.

First, nobody is getting a tax cut. The options right now are to raise taxes on everyone, some, or none. Secondly, the tax increase on the amount over 250K is more than the savings on your so-called "tax cut."

The Bush tax legislation raises the taxes in 2011. The tax increase is already in place legislatively. Only a tax cut can change that.

oh, like the AMT? please, you are stretching semantics to the point of no return.

You're in denial to the point of no return.

not at all, your point is vaporous, what has not happened is not reality, they change what they like when they have the will to ( and the numbers) , I gave you an example.

They legislated out AMT 3 times, in direct contradiction of their very own PayGo to boot. IF the cuts expire taxs go UP, if they don't they stay the same, in either event the gov. is no worse off than they are right now, but the taxpayer will be. They can simply legislate an extension or set them in stone.

Last edited:
We cut 40 people from our employ in 2010-- reason is we are in the construction industry and commercial construction prices are in the toilet mainly because construction is down. So major down sizing and increased bid prices is a reality for our company..
We also moved from a six office building with a 6000 sq ft warehouse to a 3 office building with a 4000 sq ft warehouse.
These moves saves about 2,000,000.00 in labor costs and 400,000 in overhead. About half of that we probably should have cut before the economy took a turn for the worst, but ya kind of hate to let people go and down size for a host of reasons so when forced to ya do.
What most of you do not realize is employers down size and then realize they could have been operating leaner than they were so when business picks up (it always does) they learned that many jobs were not reaLy needed. Might have something to do with unemployment #'s
We will pay less to the Unions, goverment,social security,insurance companies,distributors,and a host of other agencies--and they want more. It is very plain to see that the leaders in this country have no idea (worker bee's also) what it takes to have prosperity for all.
Our company can wait several years till the economy becomes good again CAN YOU.
Moral,,Homes paid for,boats paid for ,cars paid for,motor homes paid for, summer homes paid for.
Just have to pay personal taxes as they come due and the company will do that easy enough,but new hires will be last if at all.

it was likely attached to it
and this was nothing but a power play by the dems
so assholes like the OP could make hay with it
What ploy? The House scheduled a vote, just like the Regressives wanted.

And 168 Regressives voted to raise EVERYBODY's taxes.

Without researching this I believe this is the bill that the repubs voted against because it only included tax cuts for the middle and not for everyone. They are going to allow the democrats to raise taxes on the rich which isn't going to help small buisnesses and jobs.

But Pelosi says The Rich don't help small businesses and jobs:

Congressional Republicans have been holding the middle class tax cuts hostage, insisting on a permanent extension of the Bush tax cuts for millionaires and billionaires which economists say do little to create jobs in America (and the Bush record of shrinking private sector jobs is proof). Their calls for a permanent extension of the tax cuts for the wealthiest would saddle our children with more than $700 billion in debt—or $2,000 per American household—nearly 80% of which would be used to provide millionaires and billionaires with an average bonus tax cut of $100,000 a year.

The Republicans are holding out for a compromise.

If the Dems want to give tax breaks on incomes less than $250K, the only way they'll get the Reps to go along is if they ALSO extend the tx cuts for billionaires.

Personally, I think the RNC and DNC are in this sham together.

They both know that if the tax system were truly progressive, we'd have fifty tax backets instead of just three.

You partisans on both sides are being duped.

That's right - 168 Republicans voted to raise your taxes!

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2010/roll604.xml

Your link goes to a bill about airports, not raising taxes
Yeah, it's a bad link on Speaker Pelosi's website:

The Gavel Blog Archive House Passes Middle Class Tax Cuts 234-188

It's the The Middle Class Tax Relief Act of 2010. But the numbers are the same. Was this tax cut extention part of the airport bill?

That should tell you just how fucked up it is. It on Pelosi's website and redirectes you to something else. Which if you think about it that's how the democrats do thing anyway.

That's right - 168 Republicans voted to raise your taxes!

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2010/roll604.xml

I suppose a half a truth is better than none.

The way the Dems packaged the Sun setting of this package of Cuts was that this was not a tax hike; it was simply a return to the rates that were in force.

I suppose that they thought that if they put that crap into a brown bag and said that it wasn not crap in a brown bag but was only a brown bag and was exactly like something that everyone like, everyone would like it.

Crap still smells like crap. How stupid do they think we are?

If I'm paying 20% now and they want me to pay 23% next year, that's a tax hike. If they want to raise the taxes on some but not on others, that favoritism. If they want to give half the people in the country a pass to pay nothing, that's favoritism.

If the Dems want to give tax breaks on incomes less than $250K, the only way they'll get the Reps to go along is if they ALSO extend the tx cuts for billionaires.

They both know that if the tax system were truly progressive, we'd have fifty tax backets instead of just three.

I know how you feel brother.

This country is truely fucked up.

The sad thing is the dems are still are only hope

You really think that the DEMS are going to radically change the way society works?

Okay, let me ask you this, then.

What POTUS signed the bill which allowed DEREIVATIVES (which are the major reason we're in a depression) to exist SANS regulations?

Here's a hint...

His initials were William Jefferson Clinton.

So if we were going to assign BLAME to one person (now that wouldn't be sensible, but it is done so often, so let's play that game, shall we?) then the ONE PERSON most responsible for the current economic meltdown is what?

He's a fucking DEMOCRAT.

Now if your point is that the Dems tend to treat the working classes more kindly while they're in the back room cutting deals that are putting us on WELFARE, I wouldn't disagree with that,

But my point is, when it comes to the policies and laws that REALLY MATTER to the economy, there isn't a DIMES worht of difference between the parties.

You really think that the DEMS are going to radically change the way society works?

What POTUS signed the bill which allowed DEREIVATIVES (which are the major reason we're in a depression) to exist SANS regulations?

Here's a hint...

So if we were going to assign BLAME to one person (now that wouldn't be sensible, but it is done so often, so let's play that game, shall we?) then the ONE PERSON most responsible for the current economic meltdown is what?

He's a fucking DEMOCRAT.

Now if your point is that the Dems tend to treat the working classes more kindly while they're in the back room cutting deals that are putting us on WELFARE, I wouldn't disagree with that,

But my point is, when it comes to the policies and laws that REALLY MATTER to the economy, there isn't a DIMES worht of difference between the parties.

Would clinton have written that bill or signed it if we did not have a republican controled congress at the time?

I agree with you I really do, Its looking like Obama and some of the congress are bought too.

They likely are.

The sad sad thing is the dems still have more to offer than the right wing in this country.

The republicans are a wholy owned subsiderary of the corporate owners.

The dems at least have to throw us tid bits.

Its Fucked I wont deny it.

But Im not going to just give up OR join the criminal side.

Here's a hint...

He's a fucking DEMOCRAT.

Would clinton have written that bill or signed it if we did not have a republican controled congress at the time?

I agree with you I really do, Its looking like Obama and some of the congress are bought too.

They likely are.

The sad sad thing is the dems still have more to offer than the right wing in this country.

The republicans are a wholy owned subsiderary of the corporate owners.

The dems at least have to throw us tid bits.

Its Fucked I wont deny it.

But Im not going to just give up OR join the criminal side.

It never matters when I log in. You are always engaged in a straw argument.

Forum List

Back