168 Republicans voted to raise your taxes!

That's right - 168 Republicans voted to raise your taxes!

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2010/roll604.xml

I suppose a half a truth is better than none.

The way the Dems packaged the Sun setting of this package of Cuts was that this was not a tax hike; it was simply a return to the rates that were in force.

I suppose that they thought that if they put that crap into a brown bag and said that it wasn not crap in a brown bag but was only a brown bag and was exactly like something that everyone like, everyone would like it.

Crap still smells like crap. How stupid do they think we are?

If I'm paying 20% now and they want me to pay 23% next year, that's a tax hike. If they want to raise the taxes on some but not on others, that favoritism. If they want to give half the people in the country a pass to pay nothing, that's favoritism.

Then you should be complaining to a wingnut, not me. They are the ones complaining that Democrats are trying to raise taxes rather than letting a tax cut expire, as it was meant to do.

I'm just using their fucked up rhetoric against them.

And it isn't close to half the country. It's 98% of the country vs. the richest 2%.

The current tax rate was never devised as a temporary policy, it just wasn't feasible to pass it without reconciliation. You also might like to reconsider your 98% vs. 2% generalization since every single one of my employees and vendors want the current tax rates to stay in effect at all income levels. They know they won't benefit if I have less money to risk on keeping them employed.

I know how you feel brother.

This country is truely fucked up.

The sad thing is the dems are still are only hope

You really think that the DEMS are going to radically change the way society works?

Okay, let me ask you this, then.

What POTUS signed the bill which allowed DEREIVATIVES (which are the major reason we're in a depression) to exist SANS regulations?

Here's a hint...

His initials were William Jefferson Clinton.

So if we were going to assign BLAME to one person (now that wouldn't be sensible, but it is done so often, so let's play that game, shall we?) then the ONE PERSON most responsible for the current economic meltdown is what?

He's a fucking DEMOCRAT.

Now if your point is that the Dems tend to treat the working classes more kindly while they're in the back room cutting deals that are putting us on WELFARE, I wouldn't disagree with that,

But my point is, when it comes to the policies and laws that REALLY MATTER to the economy, there isn't a DIMES worht of difference between the parties.

Talk about half-truths!

This goes back to Reagan's last days in office, and Wendy Gramm, wife of Phil. It continued with Clinton signing the Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000, authored by Phil Gramm, and broght to Clinton on December 21, 2000, 4 days before Christmas, and in the midst of Monicagate. Now, how many times do you see Congress doing anything that close to Christmas?

Read up: Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh, just last year when the Senate passed the PPACA

Health Care Bill - H.R.3590: Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress

You really think that the DEMS are going to radically change the way society works?

Okay, let me ask you this, then.

What POTUS signed the bill which allowed DEREIVATIVES (which are the major reason we're in a depression) to exist SANS regulations?

Here's a hint...

His initials were William Jefferson Clinton.

So if we were going to assign BLAME to one person (now that wouldn't be sensible, but it is done so often, so let's play that game, shall we?) then the ONE PERSON most responsible for the current economic meltdown is what?

He's a fucking DEMOCRAT.

Now if your point is that the Dems tend to treat the working classes more kindly while they're in the back room cutting deals that are putting us on WELFARE, I wouldn't disagree with that,

But my point is, when it comes to the policies and laws that REALLY MATTER to the economy, there isn't a DIMES worht of difference between the parties.

Talk about half-truths!

This goes back to Reagan's last days in office, and Wendy Gramm, wife of Phil. It continued with Clinton signing the Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000, authored by Phil Gramm, and broght to Clinton on December 21, 2000, 4 days before Christmas, and in the midst of Monicagate. Now, how many times do you see Congress doing anything that close to Christmas?

Read up: Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

obamacare 2009
What are you attempting to say? Hint: try a complete sentence.

I suppose a half a truth is better than none.

The way the Dems packaged the Sun setting of this package of Cuts was that this was not a tax hike; it was simply a return to the rates that were in force.

I suppose that they thought that if they put that crap into a brown bag and said that it wasn not crap in a brown bag but was only a brown bag and was exactly like something that everyone like, everyone would like it.

Crap still smells like crap. How stupid do they think we are?

If I'm paying 20% now and they want me to pay 23% next year, that's a tax hike. If they want to raise the taxes on some but not on others, that favoritism. If they want to give half the people in the country a pass to pay nothing, that's favoritism.

Then you should be complaining to a wingnut, not me. They are the ones complaining that Democrats are trying to raise taxes rather than letting a tax cut expire, as it was meant to do.

And it isn't close to half the country. It's 98% of the country vs. the richest 2%.

The current tax rate was never devised as a temporary policy, it just wasn't feasible to pass it without reconciliation. You also might like to reconsider your 98% vs. 2% generalization since every single one of my employees and vendors want the current tax rates to stay in effect at all income levels. They know they won't benefit if I have less money to risk on keeping them employed.

Feasible? You mean 'possible'. President Cheney had to come in and cast the deciding vote. It was extremely unpopular.

Do you pump in Rush and Sean all day long at your worksite? I certainly don't doubt that there are many people in this country who vote against their interests and the country's interests. There was a bestseller written about it:

library_WhatsTheMatterWithKansas.jpg

Talk about half-truths!

obamacare 2009
Now, how many times do you see Congress doing anything that close to Christmas?

Do you have a short term memory problem dumbass? obamacare 2009 was the last time congress worked up to the holidays and up until the late hours of the night.

obamacare 2009

Do you have a short term memory problem dumbass? obamacare 2009 was the last time congress worked up to the holidays and up until the late hours of the night.
They may have. I asked how many times you see it. With a huge civil rights bill like HCR you expect that. With a bill to give millionaires a bonus tax cut, not so much.

It clearly defines the priorities of each party, too. Thanks!

Senate bid to renew tax cuts fails - Politics - Capitol Hill - msnbc.com

Senate Republicans derailed legislation Saturday to extend expiring tax cuts at all but the highest income levels in a political showdown that paradoxically clears a path for a compromise with the White House on steps to boost the economy......Obama has signaled that he will bow to Republican demands for extending tax cuts at all income levels

thx samson...I pulled the pic from the link, notice the infantile poster board.....this is what they are reduced to.

Attachments

• $bush tax cuts.jpg
    $bush tax cuts.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 65

They may have. I asked how many times you see it. With a huge civil rights bill like HCR you expect that. With a bill to give millionaires a bonus tax cut, not so much.

Yes it does define the priorities, bankrupting American and forced servtitude to the government is the government way.

Senate bid to renew tax cuts fails - Politics - Capitol Hill - msnbc.com

Senate Republicans derailed legislation Saturday to extend expiring tax cuts at all but the highest income levels in a political showdown that paradoxically clears a path for a compromise with the White House on steps to boost the economy......Obama has signaled that he will bow to Republican demands for extending tax cuts at all income levels

thx samson...I pulled the pic from the link, notice the infantile poster board.....this is what they are reduced to.

Dems will go along with maintaining the status quo on taxes, as long as repubs will spend more money extending welfare for MORE THAN THE MAX 99 WEEKS!!

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., said he hoped for an agreement by the middle or end of next week on legislation that would combine an extension of tax cuts with a renewal of expiring jobless benefits for the long-term unemployed.

Harry, Are you fucking kidding me?

If you've been such a loser as to be unemployed for 99 weeks, then I have news for you, Harry: Another week, another 6 weeks, another 52 weeks, or another 52 years, probably isn't going to help.

Feasible? You mean 'possible'. President Cheney had to come in and cast the deciding vote. It was extremely unpopular.

Do you pump in Rush and Sean all day long at your worksite? I certainly don't doubt that there are many people in this country who vote against their interests and the country's interests. There was a bestseller written about it:

Oh look, another "they are too stupid to make their own decisions" perspective. I don't "pump" anything into my office. I've never even heard talk radio in the office. My people know that when we do well they do well. When we take a hit they take a hit.

In a roundabout way, you're correct. More government control vs. less government control. Higher taxes vs. lower taxes. Yup, the Dems sure have shown their priorities. If only the Republicans could actually govern the way they posture.

Dems will go along with maintaining the status quo on taxes, as long as repubs will spend more money extending welfare for MORE THAN THE MAX 99 WEEKS!!

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., said he hoped for an agreement by the middle or end of next week on legislation that would combine an extension of tax cuts with a renewal of expiring jobless benefits for the long-term unemployed.

If you've been such a loser as to be unemployed for 99 weeks, then I have news for you, Harry: Another week, another 6 weeks, another 52 weeks, or another 52 years, probably isn't going to help.

Where did you guys come up with they want to extend it beyond 99 weeks.

The argument is so bogus its laughable.

Pay attention, the extension if it goes through does not extend the benefits beyond 99 weeks. It allows others that have been laid off an opportunity to the same benefits that pthers before them recieved, if the economy improves the cut offs are already in place.

Oh look, another "they are too stupid to make their own decisions" perspective. I don't "pump" anything into my office. I've never even heard talk radio in the office. My people know that when we do well they do well. When we take a hit they take a hit.

Oh, you run a commune! Sounds communist.

No, we just choose to sink or swim together. No government force needed.

In a roundabout way, you're correct. More government control vs. less government control. Higher taxes vs. lower taxes. Yup, the Dems sure have shown their priorities. If only the Republicans could actually govern the way they posture.

Did you support the more government control regarding wiretapping? What about the government power that was bestowed by Bush on the TSA? How about the creation of the largest Federal bureaucracy in history, Homeland Security?

No, we just choose to sink or swim together. No government force needed.
Do you split all profits equally? Or do they just share in the downturns?

Where did you guys come up with they want to extend it beyond 99 weeks.

The argument is so bogus its laughable.

Pay attention, the extension if it goes through does not extend the benefits beyond 99 weeks. It allows others that have been laid off an opportunity to the same benefits that pthers before them recieved, if the economy improves the cut offs are already in place.

I'd appreciate confirmation of this: You're source?

My source, which I quoted, said:

Currently the jobless benefits for the long term unemployed are 99 weeks

Then they expire.

Renewing them would allow them to last longer than 99 weeks.

However, I conceed that the quote could mean "renewing the 99 week jobless benefits."

The MSNBC aritcle isn't terribly clear on this point.

Forum List

Back