168 Republicans voted to raise your taxes!

Airport and Airway Extension Act of 2010, Part III ?
No, that was today's vote on extending the Bush Tax Cuts. The Regressive Party overwhelmingly voted against continuing the tax cuts.

They voted to raise everyone's taxes.

That's right - 168 Republicans voted to raise your taxes!

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2010/roll604.xml

Your link goes to a bill about airports, not raising taxes
Yeah, it's a bad link on Speaker Pelosi's website:

The Gavel Blog Archive House Passes Middle Class Tax Cuts 234-188

It's the The Middle Class Tax Relief Act of 2010. But the numbers are the same. Was this tax cut extention part of the airport bill?
see why these things shouldn't be attached to unrelated bills?

That's right - 168 Republicans voted to raise your taxes!

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2010/roll604.xml

it was likely attached to it
and this was nothing but a power play by the dems
so assholes like the OP could make hay with it
What ploy? The House scheduled a vote, just like the Regressives wanted.

And 168 Regressives voted to raise EVERYBODY's taxes.

Without researching this I believe this is the bill that the repubs voted against because it only included tax cuts for the middle and not for everyone. They are going to allow the democrats to raise taxes on the rich which isn't going to help small buisnesses and jobs.

In my opinion the republicans didn't want to shoot themselves in the foot like the dems are doing.......AGAIN!!

Without researching this I believe this is the bill that the repubs voted against because it only included tax cuts for the middle and not for everyone. They are going to allow the democrats to raise taxes on the rich which isn't going to help small buisnesses and jobs.

In my opinion the republicans didn't want to shoot themselves in the foot like the dems are doing.......AGAIN!!

That is false. This is a tax cut that affects everybody.

nope, it doesnt

Wrong, the Dems in the House only want the tax to remain the same for those making 250000 or less. MORON.

nope, it doesnt

Yes, it does. Everyone gets the same tax cut up to 250k.

Wrong, the Dems in the House only want the tax to remain the same for those making 250000 or less. MORON.

Which means that everybody, MORON, gets the tax cut up to 250k ... even those making more than it.

Do you need a remedial course in how our tax brackets work, RGS?
if that were the case, why would people close to the next bracket do everything they can to avoid going into it

you are wrong

Dude, I'm right. Look it up how our tax brackets work. Everyone is taxed the same on the same income earned. The tax increase for is only for income earned over 250k. The first 250k is taxed just like the rest of us.

Last edited:
Do you need a remedial course in how our tax brackets work, RGS?
if that were the case, why would people close to the next bracket do everything they can to avoid going into it

you are wrong

Dude, I'm right. Look it up how our tax brackets work. Everyone is taxed the same on the same income earned. The tax increase for is only for income earned over 250k. The first 250k is taxed just like the rest of us.
that is not how it is
you go into the next bracket, your entire income is taxed at that rate

Which means that everybody, MORON, gets the tax cut up to 250k ... even those making more than it.

Once again for the terminally stupid. That means if they do not make permanent or extend all the taxes as now that those making more then 250000 pay MORE starting next year. A higher percent. Every dollar over that mark goes into a higher bracket.

But you already know that and are trying to confuse the gullible.

Forum List

Back