15 Year Old Sailor Girl Found Alive!!!!

Getting your mast broke takes skill? Who knew.

So, FINALLY, you admit that the parents were negligent? Especially when experts are saying that her ship was too small for those seas, AND that this is the wrong time of year to be there.

By the way, what's next? A 14 y/o who is "mature and self sufficient :lol:, decides that she can do better, then a 12 y/o? Where is the line?

Saving your ship and NOT foundering takes skill. Staying on your ship takes skill. Getting your mast broken is a accident of nature no skill involved.

The questions of abuse was posed, not negligence.

I admit that they were negligent in TIMING, not in letting her circumnavigate the globe alone. The parents were Not negligent in assessing their daughters skill or maturity. They had faith enough in her skill that she would make it though, and she did.

I make no lines for other children. They are not my children. I will draw the line for my children just as you draw them for yours. Don't be so arrogant to assume you know what is best for other parents or their children. What I consider negligent may not be what you consider negligent. Just as what you consider just fine I may consider outrageous.

Last edited:

So, FINALLY, you admit that the parents were negligent? Especially when experts are saying that her ship was too small for those seas, AND that this is the wrong time of year to be there.

By the way, what's next? A 14 y/o who is "mature and self sufficient :lol:, decides that she can do better, then a 12 y/o? Where is the line?

A perfectly legitimate question. I believe that Jessica Dubroff was too young to attempt what she did, but her father and her flight instructor were with her. There probably should be a minimum age for a lot of things, I just happen to think 16 is old enough for most of them.

Jessica Dubroff - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why? Because THIS particular little skank happened to be 16? Why is 16 acceptable here when in other areas we accept 18 as the age of maturity? Pretty much in every state now you can't drive a car by yourself at night at 16, exceptions for going to work and such .

16 is old enough to drive, so why not sail? I was driving at 15, and I know people that get their license as young as 14.

Saving your ship and NOT foundering takes skill. Staying on your ship takes skill. Getting your mast broken is a accident of nature no skill involved.

I admit that they were negligent in TIMING, not in letting her circumnavigate the globe alone. The parents were Not negligent in assessing their daughters skill or maturity. They had faith enough in her skill that she would make it though, and she did.

I make no lines for other children. They are not my children. I will draw the line for my children just as you draw them for yours. Don't be so arrogant to assume you know what is best for other parents or their children. What I consider negligent may not be what you consider negligent. Just as what you consider just fine I may consider outrageous.

Negligence
This is a very familiar form of child abuse. In fact, all surveys related to child abuse denote a single thing that this form of abuse is present in greater proportion than any other form of abuse. As this is an act of exclusion, the victims in this form are not easy to find out. One should not mix negligence with emotional abuse as negligence is an act where someone fails to provide fundamental requirements of child. If the same act is repeated again and again then it surely gets classified as child abuse.

If we see collectively at the problem of child abuse then it is easy to find that factors like stress, drug abuse, personal problems, personal history of being abused, isolation plays important role in inflicting such a heinous acts. Parents should adapt certain guidelines like teaching children for self defense, coping with own anger; discipline the child without giving any punishments, building great rapport with them, boosting their confidence levels.

Child abuse promotes cyclical communities with this agony of child abuse repeating from one generation to another. Somewhere, we have to break this cycle. Somewhere we have to share a common platform, we have to eradicate our own shortcomings to give this next generation a healthy happy life nurturing best values in them.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/child-abuse-facts-for-parents.html

YAY, you finally get it and admit that these parents abused their skank.

A perfectly legitimate question. I believe that Jessica Dubroff was too young to attempt what she did, but her father and her flight instructor were with her. There probably should be a minimum age for a lot of things, I just happen to think 16 is old enough for most of them.

Jessica Dubroff - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why? Because THIS particular little skank happened to be 16? Why is 16 acceptable here when in other areas we accept 18 as the age of maturity? Pretty much in every state now you can't drive a car by yourself at night at 16, exceptions for going to work and such .

16 is old enough to drive, so why not sail? I was driving at 15, and I know people that get their license as young as 14.

You are aware of the current trend toward graduated drivers licenses are you not? Why? Because studies have shown that children need the adjustment period between 16-18 to adjust to full driving privileges. Don't give me that when I was a kid. When I was a kid, we rode around sitting on the open tailgate of the pickup and tired to shove each other off as we were driving down the road, can't do that anymore.

How many whales did this incompetent underage driver mow down into the depths of Davey Jones?

*I can’t remember if I already used the horny, disappointed Somali pirate gag.

Negligence
This is a very familiar form of child abuse. In fact, all surveys related to child abuse denote a single thing that this form of abuse is present in greater proportion than any other form of abuse. As this is an act of exclusion, the victims in this form are not easy to find out. One should not mix negligence with emotional abuse as negligence is an act where someone fails to provide fundamental requirements of child. If the same act is repeated again and again then it surely gets classified as child abuse.

If we see collectively at the problem of child abuse then it is easy to find that factors like stress, drug abuse, personal problems, personal history of being abused, isolation plays important role in inflicting such a heinous acts. Parents should adapt certain guidelines like teaching children for self defense, coping with own anger; discipline the child without giving any punishments, building great rapport with them, boosting their confidence levels.

Child abuse promotes cyclical communities with this agony of child abuse repeating from one generation to another. Somewhere, we have to break this cycle. Somewhere we have to share a common platform, we have to eradicate our own shortcomings to give this next generation a healthy happy life nurturing best values in them.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/child-abuse-facts-for-parents.html

Hello...

In timing, not in abuse. YAY the parents haven't abused their child.

Negligence

Child Abuse Facts for Parents

Hello...

In timing, not in abuse. YAY the parents haven't abused their child.

in timing adds NOTHING to your argument. You can't neglect your child in certain areas or at certain times and say well thats ok.......... This little skank was abused by her fruitcake parents. She honestly would be better off if a horny Somali pirate grabbed her up and made her his bride, at least HE wouldn't send her out to into a sea of 50' swells in too small a ship that had mechanical issues.

You are aware of the current trend toward graduated drivers licenses are you not? Why? Because studies have shown that children need the adjustment period between 16-18 to adjust to full driving privileges. Don't give me that when I was a kid. When I was a kid, we rode around sitting on the open tailgate of the pickup and tired to shove each other off as we were driving down the road, can't do that anymore.

That is not all we cannot do.
The Little One performed in her dance school’s recital last night. The school has a policy, that if you want to take your child home early after he or she has performed, you must have a note, signed by your child’s teacher, that you are doing so. I am aware of this policy, and have complied with it every year I knew I would take my kids home early. This year, both The Big One, The Little One and I participated in the recital (more on my appearance later, if I can get video) and they were scheduled for the end of the program, so I stayed for all the performances. I went backstage to pick up my kids while the awards were being announced. As I was leaving with my girls and The Big Ones two BFFs, who stayed backstage with her during the entire show and are NOT students in this dance school, BTW, the Neo-Nazi stopped me at the door: “Where’s your note?”
“I don’t have one, because the recital is over.”
“NO, they are still onstage, handing out awards and making announcements, you have to have your note.”
“The recital is OVER.”
“You cannot take them without a NOTE”

Guest Post: She’s Breaking Up with “The Today Show” FreeRangeKids

in timing adds NOTHING to your argument. You can't neglect your child in certain areas or at certain times and say well thats ok.......... This little skank was abused by her fruitcake parents. She honestly would be better off if a horny Somali pirate grabbed her up and made her his bride, at least HE wouldn't send her out to into a sea of 50' swells in too small a ship that had mechanical issues.

Sure it does. Get over the fact that this 16 year old girl has more balls then you ever will.

Sure it does. Get over the fact that this 16 year old girl has more balls then you ever will.

LOL - out comes the questioning my manhood:lol::lol::lol: a sure sign that you have LOST th is argument, but then it was a predetermined outcome so no fair me bragging about it really.

I won't bother defending my ball size on here, but if you would like to PM me I'll be happy to fill you in on what I have chosen as my career for the last 20 years and we can decide if it equals the balls this child skank showed by allowing her parents to abuse her into a mechanically unsound undersized ship to face a sea that professional yachtsmen have testified that they wouldn't want to tackle at this time of year in a ship twice the USS SKanks size and with a crew aboard.

I agree with you for once..

The most experienced fisherman, sailor, etc can have problems while out at sea... Trust me, I watch Deadliest Catch. lol
Where would we be if all parents put their children in a bubble. Plus your daughter has probably a better chance of breaking her neck being a cheerleader.

Last edited:
LOL - out comes the questioning my manhood:lol::lol::lol: a sure sign that you have LOST th is argument, but then it was a predetermined outcome so no fair me bragging about it really.

I won't bother defending my ball size on here, but if you would like to PM me I'll be happy to fill you in on what I have chosen as my career for the last 20 years and we can decide if it equals the balls this child skank showed by allowing her parents to abuse her into a mechanically unsound undersized ship to face a sea that professional yachtsmen have testified that they wouldn't want to tackle at this time of year in a ship twice the USS SKanks size and with a crew aboard.

Oh please get over your self and your arrogent self importance. Where did the 16 year old girl become a skank?

How soon we forget who lost the arguent FIRST.

You're a fucking moron and if you do have kids the state should do them a favor and remove them from your home. If you do not the state should do future children a favor and sterilize you.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh please get over your self and your arrogent self importance. Where did the 16 year old girl become a skank?

You're a fucking moron and if you do have kids the state should do them a favor and remove them from your home. If you do not the state should do future children a favor and sterilize you.

She became a skank when she let that horny Somolian pirate have his way with her.

She became a skank when she let that horny Somolian pirate have his way with her.

:ahole-1:

I agree with you for once..

The most experienced fisherman, sailor, etc can have problems while out at sea... Trust me, I watch Deadliest Catch. lol
Where would we be if all parents put their children in a bubble. Plus your daughter has probably a better chance of breaking her neck being a cheerleader.

In a bubble? WTF? idiots winning an argument with themselves?

who asked to put the solo sailor in a bubble? sailing solo around the world benefits nobody but the self, and it is an extremely dangerous task.

Guess how many people have done it? :eusa_whistle:

idiot!

the only arguments I've seen you win are the ones you set up with yourself.

:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back