15 Year Old Sailor Girl Found Alive!!!!

Just wondering how those people that support the parents decision to let this child go sailing around the world would feel if she had been captured, raped and killed by pirates?
Would they still hold her parents blameless?

Would you blame her parents if it happened in her home town on her way home from school? Of course you wouldn't, you would blame the people who attacked her, unless you are an idiot.

We're not talking about her walking home from school. We are talking about her sailing around the world at the age of 15. I wouldn't let my 15 year old attend an overnight party, there is no way I would let her sail around the world by herself. The parents are damn lucky she's alive.

So what is the threshold of how much we can expect the government to spend to save our children when we make a stupid decision?

My two year old and I have agreed that she is mature enough climb Mt Everest. I want to know how much I can demand from the government when the inevitable happens and they have to rescue my child from my stupidity.:cuckoo:

It's not possible for a two year old to climb Mt Everest. Come back with something other than a poorly constructed Straw Man.

How do you know what is possible? My two year old is a strong, self sufficient, intelligent, independent woman.

How dare you attempt to dictate to me what my child is ready for.................

:lol:

Come on, you're dealing with a supposedly grown daddyboy/man, with a fascination for: Dont Taz Me Bro :banghead::banghead:

How do you know what is possible? My two year old is a strong, self sufficient, intelligent, independent woman.

How dare you attempt to dictate to me what my child is ready for.................

:lol:

Exactly. If you feel your 2 year old child is up to a climb like that please feel free to take her.

oh no, she wants to go alone. and I fully expect for the USG to rescue her gratis when the inevitable occurs on her, and of course I also expect this board to praise her and my parenting skills after.

If you feel your 2 year old is up to that you better believe it.

Exactly. If you feel your 2 year old child is up to a climb like that please feel free to take her.

oh no, she wants to go alone. and I fully expect for the USG to rescue her gratis when the inevitable occurs on her, and of course I also expect this board to praise her and my parenting skills after.

You're a fucking moron and if you do have kids the state should do them a favor and remove them from your home. If you do not the state should do future children a favor and sterilize you.

Veddy interesting. Geraldo reports that boat was repaired for problems before she debarked her last stop and that eyewitnesses report that the repairs were shoddy at best and that the vessel should have never left port until proper repairs could be made.

We're not talking about her walking home from school. We are talking about her sailing around the world at the age of 15. I wouldn't let my 15 year old attend an overnight party, there is no way I would let her sail around the world by herself. The parents are damn lucky she's alive.

It was not luck, it was skill and training.

How much skill does it take to sit in a broken down boat and hope someone locates you? I mean seriously. How is that self sufficient?

Veddy interesting. Geraldo reports that boat was repaired for problems before she debarked her last stop and that eyewitnesses report that the repairs were shoddy at best and that the vessel should have never left port until proper repairs could be made.

That is interesting news. do you have a link?

I'm still looking for one; I just seen on *gasp* bill oreilly. Who I'm not a huge fan of, but I trust Geraldo, when he digs into a story he digs in.

I'm still looking for one; I just seen on *gasp* bill oreilly. Who I'm not a huge fan of, but I trust Geraldo, when he digs into a story he digs in.

As long as he doesn't get near any vaults, he just looks like an idiot then.

As long as he doesn't get near any vaults, he just looks like an idiot then.

:lol: yeah I would have opened that sucker before being live on TV. Probably wouldn't have married Connie Chung either, but I've honestly never heard anyone question Geraldo's integrity.

How much skill does it take to sit in a broken down boat and hope someone locates you? I mean seriously. How is that self sufficient?

I would think that being able to handle a sailboat in 30 foot swells, alone in a storm is quite serious skill. Could you do it?

Here's an interesting opinion

renowned Australian round-the-world sailor Ian Kiernan said Abby should not have been in the southern Indian Ocean during the current southern hemisphere winter.

"Abby would be going through a very difficult time with mountainous seas and essentially hurricane-force winds," Kiernan told Sky News television.

Ian Kiernan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You're a fucking moron and if you do have kids the state should do them a favor and remove them from your home. If you do not the state should do future children a favor and sterilize you.

Sweet talker. :lol::lol::lol::lol: Trust me all you are doing is making yourself look like a fool.

I would think that being able to handle a sailboat in 30 foot swells, alone in a storm is quite serious skill. Could you do it?

Could I essentially founder my ship at sea? You bet

Look professional yachtsmen are saying she shouldn't have been in that sea at this time of year no matter what. Negligence on the parent's part. Dress it out however you wish.

Sweet talker. :lol::lol::lol::lol: Trust me all you are doing is making yourself look like a fool.

Trust you? :lol: I wouldn't trust you to babysit my pet goldfish

Look professional yachtsmen are saying she shouldn't have been in that sea at this time of year no matter what. Negligence on the parent's part. Dress it out however you wish.

She didn't founder. Her mast broke. As I said quite a skill don't you think? I KNOW what professional are saying. Our family happens to be members of a yacht club. :lol:

Negligent in timing yes. Of letting her try, no.

She didn't founder. Her mast broke. As I said quite a skill don't you think? I KNOW what professional are saying. Our family happens to be members of a yacht club. :lol:

Negligent in timing yes. Of letting her try, no.

Getting your mast broke takes skill? Who knew.

So, FINALLY, you admit that the parents were negligent? Especially when experts are saying that her ship was too small for those seas, AND that this is the wrong time of year to be there.

By the way, what's next? A 14 y/o who is "mature and self sufficient :lol:, decides that she can do better, then a 12 y/o? Where is the line?

So, FINALLY, you admit that the parents were negligent? Especially when experts are saying that her ship was too small for those seas, AND that this is the wrong time of year to be there.

By the way, what's next? A 14 y/o who is "mature and self sufficient :lol:, decides that she can do better, then a 12 y/o? Where is the line?

A perfectly legitimate question. I believe that Jessica Dubroff was too young to attempt what she did, but her father and her flight instructor were with her. There probably should be a minimum age for a lot of things, I just happen to think 16 is old enough for most of them.

Jessica Dubroff - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A perfectly legitimate question. I believe that Jessica Dubroff was too young to attempt what she did, but her father and her flight instructor were with her. There probably should be a minimum age for a lot of things, I just happen to think 16 is old enough for most of them.

Jessica Dubroff - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why? Because THIS particular little skank happened to be 16? Why is 16 acceptable here when in other areas we accept 18 as the age of maturity? Pretty much in every state now you can't drive a car by yourself at night at 16, exceptions for going to work and such .

Forum List

Back