14 Year Old Addresses CPAC

Fourteen and already parroting the party line. So impressive. It's quite a shame for conservatives that we all know their spoken definition of conservatism and we all know how they put it into practice.

I hope they kept the boy away from Rush, the other keynote speaker.

So that you don't embarrass yourself, let me help you out by informing you about conservativism:

1) Conservatives believe that there are moral truths, right and wrong, ands that these truths are permanent. The result of infracting these truths will be atrocities and social disaster. Liberals believe in private morality and these differ for each person. These beliefs are aimed at the gratification of appetites and exhibit anarchistic impulses.
2)Conservatives believe that custom and tradition result in individuals living in peace. Law is custom and precedent. Liberals are destroyers of custom and convention. To a conservative, change should be gradual, as the new society is often inferior to the old. We build on the ideas and experience of our ancestors. The species is wiser than the individual (Burke).
3) Liberals are impulsive, and imprudent. They believe in quick changes, and risk new abuses worse than the ‘evils’ that they would sweep away, since remedies are usually not simple. Plato said that prudence is the mark of the statesman. There should be a balance between permanence and change, while liberals see ‘progress’ as some mythical direction for society.
4)Conservatives believe in the principle of variety, while liberal perspectives result in a narrowing uniformity. Under conservative principles, there will be differences in class, material condition and other inequalities. The only uniformity will be before the law. Society will not be perfect. Consider the results of the rule of ideologues of the last century.
5)Freedom and property are linked. Private property results in a more stable and productive society. Private property and retaining the fruits of one’s labor has been proven successful from the Puritan’s Bradford, to the Stakhanovite Revolution!
6)Conservatives believe in voluntary community and charity, based on duties to each other, as opposed to involuntary collectivism. This explains why conservative give more charity than liberals.
7)Conservatives view people as both good and bad, and for this reason believe on restraints on power, as in checks and balances, while liberals see power as a force for good, as long as the power is in their hands.
8)Liberals and Conservatives differ in the way to proceed. For Conservatives, data informs policy. (“More Guns, Less Crime” and“Mass murderers apparently can’t read, since they are constantly shooting up ‘gun-free zones.’”- Coulter) We use Conservative principles to the best of our ability, but when confronting new and original venues, we believe in testing, and analysis of the results of the tests. For liberals, feeling passes for knowing; it is based on emotion often to the exclusion of thinking.
9)Conservatives view results differently from Liberals. Liberals respond to success and material wealth with envy and hostility, encourage class envy and an attempt to obviate any chance that it might happen again. The exception is when it is a Liberal with the wealth. Conservatives see success as the validation and culmination of the application of Conservative principles, most prominently Liberty.
10) Since Liberals see their view as a higher calling that that of Conservatives, they mistakenly believe that it is entirely appropriate for then to use, not logic, facts, nor accepted debating techniques, but ad hominem attacks on the physical appearance, personal history, or imaginary mental defects. Notice how the Liberal replaces intellect with emotion. This is, no doubt, based on a medieval concept of recognizing witches and demons. In fact, Liberals attempt to deal with opponents in similar fashion: recall Clarence Thomas’ “High Tech Lynching.”

Enlightened?

Last edited:
That portion of his speech was the basic definition of conservatism. Being home schooled has been good for this kid, but I imagine he would have done very well in public school also. He obviously is a gifted learner, because I assure you not all home schooled kids are this advanced at forteen. He does sound like a protege.

Unfortunately, he is a brainwashed protege. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it would be much better if he had been able to come to his political conclusions after receiving the same indoctrination from the liberal viewpoint. Regardless of his intelligence, at that age, kids are easily influenced. Despite all of this, it is great to see a kid that age with such a good ability to speak. You could tell he was nervous, but he still carried himself very well.

My friend, on the one hand you want a youngster to be exposed to the liberal pap in schools, and then come to the conclusions as he did, but you say "kids are easily influenced."

Look at the result of the brain-washing in colleges and universities, and the result as exposed on this very board. Even reputed adults mouth "progressive" dribble.

That portion of his speech was the basic definition of conservatism. Being home schooled has been good for this kid, but I imagine he would have done very well in public school also. He obviously is a gifted learner, because I assure you not all home schooled kids are this advanced at forteen. He does sound like a protege.

Unfortunately, he is a brainwashed protege. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it would be much better if he had been able to come to his political conclusions after receiving the same indoctrination from the liberal viewpoint. Regardless of his intelligence, at that age, kids are easily influenced. Despite all of this, it is great to see a kid that age with such a good ability to speak. You could tell he was nervous, but he still carried himself very well.

My friend, on the one hand you want a youngster to be exposed to the liberal pap in schools, and then come to the conclusions as he did, but you say "kids are easily influenced."

Look at the result of the brain-washing in colleges and universities, and the result as exposed on this very board. Even reputed adults mouth "progressive" dribble.
PC

Did you go to college? Were you brainwashed by your professers, to where you could not make up your own mind? If so, how did you "break away" from this liberal thinking that brainwashed you in college, as you imply it did?

;)

care

Fourteen and already parroting the party line. So impressive. It's quite a shame for conservatives that we all know their spoken definition of conservatism and we all know how they put it into practice.

You didn't watch the video. He addressed this during the first minute.

It's very sad that the liberals here at USMB just want to badmouth this kid. Shame on all of you.

It's very sad that the liberals here at USMB just want to badmouth this kid. Shame on all of you.

You are kidding right? You do remember how the librals here at USMB treated the Palin family? They have no shame! It's like Limbaugh said and I paraphrase "Librals seek to destroy lives, they stop at nothing to destroy people."

I'm not bad mouthing him...I'm feeling sorry for him and his life of delusion. He did give his definition of conservatism...did you miss it? Small government, etc...the same "definition" we hear over and over and over again...it has no basis in the practices of conservatives.

Enlightened?
No, I've known for years that the true definition of conservatism (as practiced for decades) is self-delusion, over-generalization, and fear of liberals.

Not really.

But that's the definition that most of the people who THINK they're conservatives believe it is.

Just as most self identying liberals think liberalism means hating guns, being for abortion, being for gay marriage and so forth.

The terms are now so diverged from their original meanings as to be worse than worthless --they're flat out WRONG.

It doesn't really matter to me how smart this young man is or what his belief system is. I'm tired of children being politicized. He's 14 years old, and doesn't have any life experience worth noting. CPAC should be ashamed of themselves.

That is why I said it isn't necessarily a bad thing. The indoctrination from the left in the public forum far outweighs any indoctrination on the right. I was just saying that it does exist and definitely exists in this case.

Enlightened?
No, I've known for years that the true definition of conservatism (as practiced for decades) is self-delusion, over-generalization, and fear of liberals.

actually dimocrats are not liberals in the true sense of the word.

it seems to me that neither party adheres to liberalism any more.

Every day more of our freedoms and choices become the subject of government legislation and we continue to use words like liberal as adjectives for those who are systematically lessening our liberties.

PC

Did you go to college? Were you brainwashed by your professers, to where you could not make up your own mind? If so, how did you "break away" from this liberal thinking that brainwashed you in college, as you imply it did?

;)

care

It's not so much brainwashing as it is the fact that an alternate view is not offered on our college campuses. And when there is a threat of an alternate view, it is squashed. Intelligent people can and will still come to their own conclusions, but many just toe the line as it is presented to them. When you don't give them another choice, many choose to just accept what they hear without researching the alternate viewpoint on their own.

It doesn't really matter to me how smart this young man is or what his belief system is. I'm tired of children being politicized. He's 14 years old, and doesn't have any life experience worth noting. CPAC should be ashamed of themselves.

He has enough life experience to write a book. He was there promoting his book.. CPAC has nothing to be ashamed of.. imho!

I'm not bad mouthing him...I'm feeling sorry for him and his life of delusion. He did give his definition of conservatism...did you miss it? Small government, etc...the same "definition" we hear over and over and over again...it has no basis in the practices of conservatives.

He distinguished conservativism from being a Republican and 'parroting the party line'. You missed it again.

Why even make comments if you're not even going to try to understand anything? Do you start each day wondering how often you can embarrass yourself? It doesn't sound like a very fun sport to me.

He distinguished conservativism from being a Republican and 'parroting the party line'. You missed it again.

Why even make comments if you're not even going to try to understand anything? Do you start each day wondering how often you can embarrass yourself? It doesn't sound like a very fun sport to me.
I didn't miss anything, he listed the four things he believed were conservative values...the same four things we've been hearing for years but not seeing.

Still smarting over that scientist comment, I see.

PC

;)

care

It's not so much brainwashing as it is the fact that an alternate view is not offered on our college campuses. And when there is a threat of an alternate view, it is squashed. Intelligent people can and will still come to their own conclusions, but many just toe the line as it is presented to them. When you don't give them another choice, many choose to just accept what they hear without researching the alternate viewpoint on their own.

Pretty good perspective. Pity that our colleges and universities don't allow both sides.

Here we have a smart child, that can express a thought clearly and yet people assume he was brainwashed and or forced to have a Conservative thinking brain.

I mean really it's so far out of their scope to think that any child would believe in any Conservative thinking. /sarcasim

Enlightened?

Yikes! You are correct! I have the every increasing fear that as you continue on your precipitous fall in perception, edging closer and closer to dementia- or is that at given for liberals, that I and my fellow achievers will have to take care of you.

The horror, the horror!

We could be in a deep depression like never before seen, and these kool aide drinkers would still be up Obamas ass. I wonder if they will ever noticed the taste of shit in their mouth from having their heads so stuck up Obamas ass.

You were a White MALE Supremicist? How on earth did that happen?

Well first of all, my value system was forged in the 1950s, so genderism was the standard for the vast majority of us.

It didn't seems strange to me, for example, that my mother made less working in a foctory than the men who did the exact same job, because that was the norm, back then.

We (boys AND girls) didn't KNOW we were sexists, we just were.

As to racism?

I was a product of my environment. I was raised in an all White neighborhood and went to school with my towns scions. Naturally I identified with that class when I was too young to realize I wasn't going to be included in their country club games later in life.

Now, my economic theories were a direct result of my having read Atlas Shugged in 10th grade.

Since that was my first introduction to that subject of economics and political science, and since Ayn Rand's books are aimed at convincing the easily dupable, it worked on me, that's for damned sure.

Interesting story. Thank you for sharing. You were raised in a completely different world from mine, one that I just cannot fathom.

It was a very different time, no doubt.

The world has changed its tune a lot since that time.

Some of it undoubtably for the better, but even those changes that I believe are for the best have unhappy blowback outcomes.

What is very apparent to me is that it gets harder and harder for the average person in America to make a go of it.

Some of that has to do with changes happening in the rest of the world, of course, but a lot of it has to do with policies which I think were tragic mistakes, at best, or a truly vile conspiracy at worst.

One think is damned certain...we do NOT hold our leaders to the same ethical standards we once did, and as a result of that their behacvior becomes repugnant to any of us who still expect our leaders to be models of ethical behavior.

Another thing that is obvious to me is that when I was a lad, the wealthy were not thought to be morally superior to the poor. They might have been thought of as smarter, and few of us thought they didn't deserve their affluence, but nobody thought that they were intrinsically superior people to the rest of us, like it seems OBVIOUS to me that so many people (many on this very board) seem to think now.

You see the thing was that the WWII generation mostly started out poor themselves, so they understood, what many of their more affluent children didn't -- that SHIT HAPPENS.

Forum List

Back