14 Year Old Addresses CPAC

I think, and I believe jsanders agrees, that the only way Obama's going to be able to get out of this is to raise taxes on EVERYONE.

We'll see, problem with your plan is that it's tough to tax the poor.

The lower 40% have about 4% of the wealth, you plan on trying to squeeze the blood out of that stone or something? :eusa_eh:

If he goes back to clinton's brackets, the taxes on the lower ones will skyrocket.
Is that true, what were they then? We had fewer poor people under Clinton. :lol:

We'll see, problem with your plan is that it's tough to tax the poor.

The lower 40% have about 4% of the wealth, you plan on trying to squeeze the blood out of that stone or something? :eusa_eh:

If he goes back to clinton's brackets, the taxes on the lower ones will skyrocket.
Is that true, what were they then? We had fewer poor people under Clinton. :lol:

single or married? and what dollar amount?

I understand the point you are trying to make. The problem is that this kid is parroting the same thing Republicans, posing as conservatives, have been saying all along to define what they are...while acting quite to the contrary. So what this kid is saying is just more of the same old unbelievable shit.

I'm cracking up over your defining this as a conservative convention when their keynote speakers include Rush and Ann Coulter....bwahahahahahaha!

I'll try to explain this with a sock puppet:

View attachment 6968

Or better yet, read post #79: http://www.usmessageboard.com/1075113-post79.html
So you are assuming he's an actual conservative and not a sock puppet. That'd be nice but sadly every new Republican that comes down the pike is played up to be the real conservative. The kid should have told them to stop listening to Rush and Ann...now that would have been impressive. :eusa_whistle:

ahem... The Republican Party is going extinct because conservatives are not represented. If the Republican Party doesn't start producing real conservatives, it will be a moot point. I honestly don't know enough about Rush Limbaugh or Ann Coulter to say if they are true conservatives or not. You seem to know more about them than I so perhaps you would be kind enough to explain how they differ from conservatives.

You're not making any sense. You and Ravi seem to be stuck on the idea that Republicans are Conservatives and vice-versa. They are not. This kid was giving a talk at a Conservative convention, not a Republican convention. And I believe it's wonderful that you hold no loyalty to either party (there are actually more than 2 parties, but I understand what you're trying to say), however your posts are overwhelmingly pro-Democratic. Nobody disputes this except you.

A Conservative convention full of survey says..

(By the way, the answer isn't Conservatives.)

And my posts are only what they are because the GOP is that screwed up; you and I both know that Xsited. However, I have spoken out about Liberals, Democrats, and Obama in the past.

Then perhaps you can be specific. In your opinion, what specifically has the GOP 'screwed up'?

Then perhaps you can be specific. In your opinion, what specifically has the GOP 'screwed up'?

What haven't they screwed up is the better question?

War on Drugs? Oh yup, that $30 billion a year to go after pot smokers. :eusa_eh:

Supply Side Economics otherwise known as Reaganomics which helped kick start the current downturn we're in.

Bush 41 putting U.S troops in Iraq in 1991 which ended up having Osama Bin Laden attack us in 2001.

Reagan trading arms to Iran to kill Iraqis and exchange for hostages.

Reagan giving arms and aid to Saddam Hussein to go and kill Iranians (Saddam wasn't too pleased with us when he found out what we were doing with Iran).

Non-Existent policies on Alternative Energy, they may not believe in global warming but SOMETHING needs to be done about our drug addiction to foreign oil. Doubtful anything will happen under the GOP with people like Bush who's first visitors to the White House were ExxonMobil among others.

Dividing this country by making a big issue out of Gay Marriage for no other then being a mere puppet for the Ultra Christian faction of the Republican Party. There is no economic or logical reason to keep Gay Marriage illegal; only because religion is it kept banned.

Seems the GOP doesn't believe in the "Government and Religion seperated" mantra.

Their odd fixation with wanting abortions banned because it's killing people but wanting the Death Penalty because it kills people. :cuckoo:

Against all sorts of gun control (even the sane kind).

NCLB being supported by them highly but then underfunded by them.

The teaching of Creationism and Organized Prayer in school (once again, see above for the mantra they refuse to follow). Creationism is not science and quite obvious why Organized Prayer is bad.

I could go on really.

It's clear the left in this thread didn't watch the video at all.

The boy attacked nobody, spewed no talking points nor did he try to belittle anyone, he simply talked about what he believes is teh definition of conservatism.

Quite a few of you look damn silly in your posts considering what is actually on that video.

I think, and I believe jsanders agrees, that the only way Obama's going to be able to get out of this is to raise taxes on EVERYONE.
That won't work, the absolute worst thing to do in a recssion is to raise taxes.

You will get one of two results, hyper inflation or economic collapse, IE depression.

What haven't they screwed up is the better question?

War on Drugs? Oh yup, that $30 billion a year to go after pot smokers. :eusa_eh:

Same for the Democrats. No difference there.

Supply Side Economics otherwise known as Reaganomics which helped kick start the current downturn we're in.

They never applied supply-side economics. Who told you that they did? Do you even know what it is?

Bush 41 putting U.S troops in Iraq in 1991 which ended up having Osama Bin Laden attack us in 2001.

True. Not something a conservative would do. But what's interesting is that you have indirectly linked Saddam Hussein with 9/11 since the United States was protecting an ally.

Reagan trading arms to Iran to kill Iraqis and exchange for hostages.

Reagan giving arms and aid to Saddam Hussein to go and kill Iranians (Saddam wasn't too pleased with us when he found out what we were doing with Iran).

We are talking about the last 8 years. We'll cover this in another thread.

Non-Existent policies on Alternative Energy, they may not believe in global warming but SOMETHING needs to be done about our drug addiction to foreign oil. Doubtful anything will happen under the GOP with people like Bush who's first visitors to the White House were ExxonMobil among others.

You want a government solution? Sorry, but it would be nice if we had a free market economy. That's the Liberal in you coming out.

Dividing this country by making a big issue out of Gay Marriage for no other then being a mere puppet for the Ultra Christian faction of the Republican Party. There is no economic or logical reason to keep Gay Marriage illegal; only because religion is it kept banned.

No logical reason? That can be argued. We'll see how the Obama Administration handles gay marriage.

Seems the GOP doesn't believe in the "Government and Religion seperated" mantra.

No, they don't. More neoconservativism.

Their odd fixation with wanting abortions banned because it's killing people but wanting the Death Penalty because it kills people. :cuckoo:

Those are two separate subjects and you're combining them into one.

Against all sorts of gun control (even the sane kind).

Good. If you do away with the 2nd Amendment, you might as well do away with all the others in the Bill of Rights.

NCLB being supported by them highly but then underfunded by them.

The teaching of Creationism and Organized Prayer in school (once again, see above for the mantra they refuse to follow). Creationism is not science and quite obvious why Organized Prayer is bad.

I could go on really.

It looks like the GOP is screwed up. I could post similar things about the Democrats and you would go ballistic. Thanks for playing. Don't be surprised if you can't handle the truth about liberals and democrats. You're in denial. That's blatantly obvious to everything except you.

That won't work, the absolute worst thing to do in a recssion is to raise taxes.

You will get one of two results, hyper inflation or economic collapse, IE depression.

after the the recession is over and the defecits have piled to kingdom come, he will raise taxes for everyone.

What the heck is "home a school"? Methinks you might have benefitted from some schooling. It's not too late.

This stuff makes me laugh. PoliticalChic, sorry, I was paraphrasing the boy wonder, home-schooled and full of slogans and that is really what conservatism is, a bunch of slogans with no substance. I listened to Limbaugh today who also repeated the same slogans. The conservative echo chamber is mind boggling. I think what is required is a 'Dorothy,' someone to search out what a conservative is or even if one exists. The reason I say this is because every conservative who gets elected, or just speaks their mind, ceases to be a conservative the moment they wander from the slogans. And since they are only slogans every conservative ceases at some point to be a conservative as slogans may sound good to the CPAC audience, but in life they hardly accomplish anything.

Conservatism Is Dead
The Political Scene: The Fall of Conservatism: Reporting & Essays: The New Yorker

What the heck is "home a school"? Methinks you might have benefitted from some schooling. It's not too late.

This stuff makes me laugh. PoliticalChic, sorry, I was paraphrasing the boy wonder, home-schooled and full of slogans and that is really what conservatism is, a bunch of slogans with no substance. I listened to Limbaugh today who also repeated the same slogans. The conservative echo chamber is mind boggling. I think what is required is a 'Dorothy,' someone to search out what a conservative is or even if one exists. The reason I say this is because every conservative who gets elected, or just speaks their mind, ceases to be a conservative the moment they wander from the slogans. And since they are only slogans every conservative ceases at some point to be a conservative as slogans may sound good to the CPAC audience, but in life they hardly accomplish anything.

Conservatism Is Dead
The Political Scene: The Fall of Conservatism: Reporting & Essays: The New Yorker

Thanks for coming back, I'm so glad to be able to read it this time.

I don't know if you had a chance to view post #41, but the principles represent a way to live one's life. Let me give a simple example: we believe that if one graduates from high school, works at a job for at least a year, and waits until marriage to have children, one can avoid poverty. The result is a sense of pride, not a demand for entitlements.

Disagree?

[See, what you and this little asshole don't get, is that this crisis we are in was caused by your own party.

So what you are attempting to do is blame the people who got hurt.

I could go on and on but you get my point.

QUOTE]

It's always difficult for me to believe that there are low-bred curs, you know, like yourself, who would refer to a 14-year-old achiever, in the terms that you use. It can only be due to the anger that you feel having reached your stage in life, and having as your greatest achievement videotaped all five of the Planet of the Apes movies.

This young boy has actually written a book, and your writing is limited to mash notes to Obama- in crayon, no less.

Now how about jumping in the lake, and see if the point on your head will write under water.

They probably aren't even his mash notes,but copied and pasted from Oblah blah's super cool text messages.

Then why did you say, "Without watching the video I will assume the following..."?

I'm surprised at you. You parrot the DNC talking points and yet you criticize this kid for doing the same with the RNC. Why the hypocrisy?

Because I was making fun of how much a partisan hack that PC is. I watched the video after and I turned out to be right. Which is quite sad if I'm supposedly parroting DNC talking points and was right on the money.

Difference between me and the kid is that I hold no loyalty to either party.

Liar!

Shhh..he thinks people buy into his crap...don't hurt his libby feelers.:cuckoo:

Here's a youngster starting life on the right foot.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_vz1TVpwme0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_vz1TVpwme0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

And it will come as no surprise that he is homeschooled.

The dude has natural skills. Probably didn't need to go to a school at all.

Forum List

Back