14 Year Old Addresses CPAC

Here we have a smart child, that can express a thought clearly and yet people assume he was brainwashed and or forced to have a Conservative thinking brain.

I mean really it's so far out of their scope to think that any child would believe in any Conservative thinking. /sarcasim

No it's not unbelieveable at all.

Most kids ARE fairly conservative by nature.

The younger they are, the more likely they are to think like today's self-proclaiming conservatives, too.

Young kids lack the life's experience to understand that life is more complex than their limited world veiws can even begin to imagine.

And kids must be excused for that naivete, too.

We could be in a deep depression like never before seen, and these kool aide drinkers would still be up Obamas ass. I wonder if they will ever noticed the taste of shit in their mouth from having their heads so stuck up Obamas ass.

BUT to be FAIR, you would have to admit that the same thing happened with the Bush supporter's heads, and for more than 4 years in to the bush presidency.

I'm not certain all of those supporting Obama will give him the benefit of the doubt for over 4 years as the Bush supporters did with president bush, but time will tell....it is certainly a possibility.

I can see this because i was neither a Bush supporter or an Obama supporter, perhaps?

Anyway, welcome to the site Terry!!! :)

Care

Here we have a smart child, that can express a thought clearly and yet people assume he was brainwashed and or forced to have a Conservative thinking brain.

I mean really it's so far out of their scope to think that any child would believe in any Conservative thinking. /sarcasim

No it's not unbelieveable at all.

Most kids ARE fairly conservative by nature.

The younger they are, the more likely they are to think like today's self-proclaiming conservatives, too.

Young kids lack the life's experience to understand that life is more complex than their limited world veiws can even begin to imagine.

And kids must be excused for that naivete, too.

Is that what Churchill meant when he said:
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”

No one his age in a public school could speak like him never mind write a book.

if I could do it all over again, I would home school my kids.

Wow, how assuming you are.

It's more then likely that his parents have taught him that certain way while not opening him up to certain views. I'd love to know how much contact he has with other views.

This kid woulda had a permanent wedgie at my school.

That is one of the huge problems at public schools! The kids with brains that want to learn are harassed and made to feel ashamed of their smarts! And many adults seem to accept it when their child preys on another one!

You might not agree with what the kid had to say, but this kids speaking ability is well beyond his years. In fact it was truly amazing!

Fourteen and already parroting the party line. So impressive. It's quite a shame for conservatives that we all know their spoken definition of conservatism and we all know how they put it into practice.

I hope they kept the boy away from Rush, the other keynote speaker.

So that you don't embarrass yourself, let me help you out by informing you about conservativism:

1) Conservatives believe that there are moral truths, right and wrong, ands that these truths are permanent. The result of infracting these truths will be atrocities and social disaster. Liberals believe in private morality and these differ for each person. These beliefs are aimed at the gratification of appetites and exhibit anarchistic impulses.
2)Conservatives believe that custom and tradition result in individuals living in peace. Law is custom and precedent. Liberals are destroyers of custom and convention. To a conservative, change should be gradual, as the new society is often inferior to the old. We build on the ideas and experience of our ancestors. The species is wiser than the individual (Burke).
3) Liberals are impulsive, and imprudent. They believe in quick changes, and risk new abuses worse than the ‘evils’ that they would sweep away, since remedies are usually not simple. Plato said that prudence is the mark of the statesman. There should be a balance between permanence and change, while liberals see ‘progress’ as some mythical direction for society.
4)Conservatives believe in the principle of variety, while liberal perspectives result in a narrowing uniformity. Under conservative principles, there will be differences in class, material condition and other inequalities. The only uniformity will be before the law. Society will not be perfect. Consider the results of the rule of ideologues of the last century.
5)Freedom and property are linked. Private property results in a more stable and productive society. Private property and retaining the fruits of one’s labor has been proven successful from the Puritan’s Bradford, to the Stakhanovite Revolution!
6)Conservatives believe in voluntary community and charity, based on duties to each other, as opposed to involuntary collectivism. This explains why conservative give more charity than liberals.
7)Conservatives view people as both good and bad, and for this reason believe on restraints on power, as in checks and balances, while liberals see power as a force for good, as long as the power is in their hands.
8)Liberals and Conservatives differ in the way to proceed. For Conservatives, data informs policy. (“More Guns, Less Crime” and“Mass murderers apparently can’t read, since they are constantly shooting up ‘gun-free zones.’”- Coulter) We use Conservative principles to the best of our ability, but when confronting new and original venues, we believe in testing, and analysis of the results of the tests. For liberals, feeling passes for knowing; it is based on emotion often to the exclusion of thinking.
9)Conservatives view results differently from Liberals. Liberals respond to success and material wealth with envy and hostility, encourage class envy and an attempt to obviate any chance that it might happen again. The exception is when it is a Liberal with the wealth. Conservatives see success as the validation and culmination of the application of Conservative principles, most prominently Liberty.
10) Since Liberals see their view as a higher calling that that of Conservatives, they mistakenly believe that it is entirely appropriate for then to use, not logic, facts, nor accepted debating techniques, but ad hominem attacks on the physical appearance, personal history, or imaginary mental defects. Notice how the Liberal replaces intellect with emotion. This is, no doubt, based on a medieval concept of recognizing witches and demons. In fact, Liberals attempt to deal with opponents in similar fashion: recall Clarence Thomas’ “High Tech Lynching.”

Enlightened?

Nice copy/paste, where did you get it from or is that YOUR idea of Conservatism?

1.) Want to name some moral truths? I need a good laugh.

2.) A false argument in which you make many assumptions.

3.) Read #2

4.) Read #2

5.) Funny you mention the puritan’s since many Conservatives are still stuck in the 1600's.

6.) See #2, one inconclusive study doesn't make it fact. I'm willing to bet 2-1 that many Liberals contribute more then many Conservatives. Besides you fail to factor when church contributions are taken out in your precious little study, Liberals give slightly more.

7.) Read #2

8.) I see you've quoted Ann Coulter, I'm going to just assume #8-10 is the same babble.

That was worst then a PI post, so many mistruths and bullshit that it was coming out of your ears.

It doesn't really matter to me how smart this young man is or what his belief system is. I'm tired of children being politicized. He's 14 years old, and doesn't have any life experience worth noting. CPAC should be ashamed of themselves.

But but, then who will they use like a puppet? :eusa_eh:

I was very smart in school, straight A's through high school, (except typing, which I had to drop the course so it would not affect my grade point average :eek:), and no one ever picked on me because I was smart....then again, this could be because I was also a Cheerleader, so this contradicted the brainy side of me, and no one probably ever knew I was getting all A's, they were too busy thinking 'other' things, I suppose?! :D

Care

Why don't you want to watch the video?

I did, the kid sounded like a parrot. At some point I was expecting for one of his parents to run up there and give him some more kool-aid.

Then why did you say, "Without watching the video I will assume the following..."?

I'm surprised at you. You parrot the DNC talking points and yet you criticize this kid for doing the same with the RNC. Why the hypocrisy?

I'm not bad mouthing him...I'm feeling sorry for him and his life of delusion. He did give his definition of conservatism...did you miss it? Small government, etc...the same "definition" we hear over and over and over again...it has no basis in the practices of conservatives.

He distinguished conservativism from being a Republican and 'parroting the party line'. You missed it again.

Why even make comments if you're not even going to try to understand anything? Do you start each day wondering how often you can embarrass yourself? It doesn't sound like a very fun sport to me.
I didn't miss anything, he listed the four things he believed were conservative values...the same four things we've been hearing for years but not seeing.

Still smarting over that scientist comment, I see.

You missed it again. The Republican Party and Conservativism are different. That's the problem and that's what a few lone voices in the Republican Party are trying to fix. I doubt they'll be able to do it, but that's what they are trying to do. This 14 year old kid made that very clear. And what do you mean by 'scientist comment'? You'll have to explain that one.

Then why did you say, "Without watching the video I will assume the following..."?

I'm surprised at you. You parrot the DNC talking points and yet you criticize this kid for doing the same with the RNC. Why the hypocrisy?

Because I was making fun of how much a partisan hack that PC is. I watched the video after and I turned out to be right. Which is quite sad if I'm supposedly parroting DNC talking points and was right on the money.

Difference between me and the kid is that I hold no loyalty to either party.

He's 14 and he's already in College? I wasn't aware of that.

He will have zero social skills.

You think because kids are homeschooled they have zero social skills? :lol: :lol: :lol:

That has got to be one of the funniests posts I've ever seen from you. Not only does it show that you have no knowledge of homeschooling, but that you have a bias against anyone that would choose an educational plan separate from Public Schooling. That's prejudice.

Let me say firstly that I am completely behind home schooling. It is the only way to go in a country where this boy is given such high regards rather than being the norm.

That said, typically a child that is home schooled does have problems relating to the rest of the nation. My boyfriend is a wonderful example of that. His issue is that he doesn't think about the cares or feelings of others and ends up with very little tollerance for true stupidity and stubborn ignorance. The politics of day to day living and the recognition of social pecking orders seem to be difficult concepts to grasp.

Because I was making fun of how much a partisan hack that PC is. I watched the video after and I turned out to be right. Which is quite sad if I'm supposedly parroting DNC talking points and was right on the money.

Liar!

You're not making any sense. You and Ravi seem to be stuck on the idea that Republicans are Conservatives and vice-versa. They are not. This kid was giving a talk at a Conservative convention, not a Republican convention. And I believe it's wonderful that you hold no loyalty to either party (there are actually more than 2 parties, but I understand what you're trying to say), however your posts are overwhelmingly pro-Democratic. Nobody disputes this except you.

more dellusional than a liar willow...

ROBERT! you most certainly have leanings towards Democrats or Liberals....you reek in it, trust me!

Not that there is anything wrong with that.... ! :lol:

Care

Last edited:

You're not making any sense. You and Ravi seem to be stuck on the idea that Republicans are Conservatives and vice-versa. They are not. This kid was giving a talk at a Conservative convention, not a Republican convention. And I believe it's wonderful that you hold no loyalty to either party (there are actually more than 2 parties, but I understand what you're trying to say), however your posts are overwhelmingly pro-Democratic. Nobody disputes this except you.
Answer me this...
Do Conservatives vote for Democrats primarily or do they vote and put in power, Republicans, for the most part?

Answer me this...
Do Conservatives vote for Democrats primarily or do they vote and put in power, Republicans, for the most part?

It used to be that conservatives voted primarily for Republicans, but that started to change about 8 years ago when the neoconservative movement started consuming the Republican Party. Now you find that conservatives will choose a 'Blue-dog' Democrat over a Republican, will vote for a 3rd Party candidate or not vote at all. That's why Democrats have been winning elections: Conservatives don't have anyone to vote for.

Democrats and Liberals do not seem to understand this. (Not you, in particular, but in general.) They somehow think the country has gone 'liberal'. This is false. If the Republican Party can return to its conservative roots, they will win elections. If they can't, they'll eventually go extinct and another more conservative party will take their place.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon
I think he helped me a bit in understanding a bit of conservatism, it is irrational.

- It is not an ideology I decided to write - words people threw out words didn't understand what conservatism is - conservatism based on principle not policy respect for constitution life less government personal responsibility - it is not about party it is not about feeling - it not an ideology of feeling but it is an ideology of protecting people....

Now think for a moment of that idea of protecting people, what it means is really protection of privilege, protection of corporate and elitist rich, since Reagan conservatives have not protected people. Think work rights. Think Katrina. In a nutshell he gives the real essence of conservatism.

Is conservatism an inherited illness I wonder. This piece is never more relevant.

"Why Conservatives Can't Govern" by Alan Wolfe

Forum List

Back