14.5 million Americans now conceal carry guns for self defense

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
as more Americans carry guns for self defense...our gun murder rate went down, not up...that is shown in statistics from the CDC and the FBI.....so the basic premise of the gun control movement is wrong...more guns do not cause more gun murder or violent crime.......

We now have a record 14.5 million Americans carring guns.....

Concealed Carry Permits Reach Record High

On the subject of crime, in this latest report, Lott and the CPRC report that between 2007 and 2015, the

That number will increase as municipal restrictions in the Democrat hovels are struck down.

Does not speak well for how safe people feel from crime or terrorism anymore.
If we felt safe there would be less home security, nanny cams, driving cams, door bell cams, gun sales, but more crime and illegal gun deaths.

Real incomes and jobs are down but we are clinging tighter, even hording out of fear.

When will actually live and love life again?

If we felt safe there would be less home security, nanny cams, driving cams, door bell cams, gun sales, but more crime and illegal gun deaths.

Real incomes and jobs are down but we are clinging tighter, even hording out of fear.

Why can't we live life to the fullest and still be safe? Why do we have to choose?

Why can't we live life to the fullest and still be safe? Why do we have to choose?

Three locks on the door the moment you return home? That is living life to the fullest? I've seen people at the beach lately that have closed bags with padlocks along corkscrews anchors and cable to secure their bag to the ground. When do people just relax?

Three locks on the door the moment you return home? That is living life to the fullest? I've seen people at the beach lately that have closed bags with padlocks along corkscrews anchors and cable to secure their bag to the ground. When do people just relax?
Relax? With identity theft rampant, car theft, car break-ins (I had a camera, that was hidden in my car, stolen), pickpockets, burglaries (a friend of mine had her home broken into and her jewelry stolen and years ago my aunt had most of her household emptied out while she was on vacation...a truck showed up and actually hauled off furniture and most of the rest of the interior furnishings....her neighbors just thought she was moving) and of course there's your occasional home invasion. So relax somewhat while in your home, but remain vigilant and make sure that if your doors have multiple locks on them...use them, as well as the windows.

We need double that amount...

... so the ratio is nearer 1 in 10...

... so's the bad guys will think twice...

... before shootin' somebody.

Never. Sorry, but life is like that. You can relax and have a good time, but still take the necessary precautions and exercise situational awareness. Letting your guard down just invites disaster.

Relax? With identity theft rampant, car theft, car break-ins (I had a camera, that was hidden in my car, stolen), pickpockets, burglaries (a friend of mine had her home broken into and her jewelry stolen and years ago my aunt had most of her household emptied out while she was on vacation...a truck showed up and actually hauled off furniture and most of the rest of the interior furnishings....her neighbors just thought she was moving) and of course there's your occasional home invasion. So relax somewhat while in your home, but remain vigilant and make sure that if your doors have multiple locks on them...use them, as well as the windows.
The problem you've cited is the result of massive unemployment and a substantial percentage of homeless and destitute people living among those who are materially secure. And as if the situation weren't bad enough Obama is bringing in refugees, many (most) of whom harbor an innate loathing of White Judeo/Christian infidels.

The solution to the imminent rise in property and violent crime here in the U.S. is not only more locks but guns in the hands of ordinary American citizens who understand the time is coming for them to defend themselves and each other against the kind of barbarism we're seeing in Europe and Scandinavia. Rest assured the civilian police won't be able to do more than write reports -- and if government brings the military in that will be the end of America as we've known it. This is a problem that must be confronted by the People who are threatened by it.

When democrats no longer have any power in the country.....

Sorry, but I don't agree that taking some prudent safety precautions is living in fear. In fact, it produces the exact opposite result, peace of mind, when I know I'm prepared for the vicissitudes of life.

If pieces of shit would quit committing crimes, there would be less need for those things.

About a year ago my wife's car was parked in front of the house in the road next to the curb. I left to take some things to the landfill and when I came back I noticed a sizable dent in the door of her car. What concerned me was that the dent was in the door facing the house not the road. Having been working in the front yard all morning and knowing when I left, I could place the time of it happening within a 30 minute window.

Having had my car broken into a few years ago, I put a hunting trail camera in the flower bed and pointed it toward the driveway. It's the kind that when someone or something crosses in front, a sensor picks it up and takes a picture. It works much like a security light.

When I noticed the dent and the height it was from the roadway, I had an initial thought as to what had happened and who it was. I approached the parents of the individual who vehemently denied anything even asking their child did he do it to which he said no, twice. Knowing that's what they would do is why I chose to go to them first without looking at the SD card from the camera. Having heard their denial, I looked thru the card and found pictures of what I had originally suspected as happening confirming my suspicions. The pictures were date and time stamped. It showed the kid doing exactly what I said he had done.

I say all that to say that it's not out of fear. It's because I've had two situations where someone either stole or damaged property. My intent is to catch them not because I'm scared of them.

Never. Sorry, but life is like that. You can relax and have a good time, but still take the necessary precautions and exercise situational awareness. Letting your guard down just invites disaster.

Read my post #14. It explains why I have things like cameras.

When piece of shit criminals stop committing crimes, I'll stop having things to deter or determine if they choose to be criminals.

The problem you've cited is the result of massive unemployment and a substantial percentage of homeless and destitute people living among those who are materially secure. And as if the situation weren't bad enough Obama is bringing in refugees, many (most) of whom harbor an innate loathing of White Judeo/Christian infidels.

The solution to the imminent rise in property and violent crime here in the U.S. is not only more locks but guns in the hands of ordinary American citizens who understand the time is coming for them to defend themselves and each other against the kind of barbarism we're seeing in Europe and Scandinavia. Rest assured the civilian police won't be able to do more than write reports -- and if government brings the military in that will be the end of America as we've known it. This is a problem that must be confronted by the People who are threatened by it.

If someone because of their economic situation will ask me, I'll help them if I can. If a person can't afford to eat a meal, ask me, I'll buy their lunch. However, if you choose to steal from me without asking, I don't have a problem exercising my rights.

Yeah, and I am armed and hit what I aim at. However, we have a gun-grabbing, traitorous bitch who wants to get rid of guns and bring in hundreds of thousands of Islamists who will be only too happy to implement Sharia Law once the numbers are sufficient enough to start making changes. That's down the road many years from now though. Now, it's just be vigilant of the criminals and if they break into a home, shoot them.

If someone because of their economic situation will ask me, I'll help them if I can. If a person can't afford to eat a meal, ask me, I'll buy their lunch. However, if you choose to steal from me without asking, I don't have a problem exercising my rights.
I stopped giving to the mooches on the streets long ago. I recall seeing a story in the news that when Walmart staff called police to get moochers out of the company's parking lot, the police took the time to ask the moochers how much they made begging for money in the parking lot and the reply was $300 per day (tax free of course), which upset the workers as they made less. So, as far as I'm concerned, most of them are just mooching because of drugs, alcohol, both, or just that they are lazy and feel the world owes them a living and as I cannot discern legitimate out-of-work vets from habitual beggars, I don't give to any.

I stopped giving to the mooches on the streets long ago. I recall seeing a story in the news that when Walmart staff called police to get moochers out of the company's parking lot, the police took the time to ask the moochers how much they made begging for money in the parking lot and the reply was $300 per day (tax free of course), which upset the workers as they made less. So, as far as I'm concerned, most of them are just mooching because of drugs, alcohol, both, or just that they are lazy and feel the world owes them a living and as I cannot discern legitimate out-of-work vets from habitual beggars, I don't give to any.

I don't give directly to the mooches. My offer is to buy them food and pay for the meal not just hand them money. In the many years I've been making that offer, I've only had ONE that took me up on it. Many of the others called me names I won't repeat, some kept begging, and a few just walked away mumbling something. When the one that did take me up on it said yes, it shocked me so much I was speechless. However, I did buy his food.

I do the same for people asking for money for gas. Several years ago I was at the local convenient store getting gas when someone approached me asking for money for gas telling me the car was almost on empty. They told me where they were trying to go and despite the car they were driving being one that got good mileage, I knew what they were asking for wouldn't get them there. I offered to put gas into the car and enough to get them where they were going and then some. They kept begging for the money despite me telling them that the only way I'd provide it is by paying for the gas. They relented and pulled the car to the pump. Around the $5 mark (2 1/2 gallons at that time), the pump cut off. I tried to pump it again and it cut off because the car was FULL. While I'll still make the offer for gas, I still don't give money by itself. I'll meet the need but not the addiction.

Forum List

Back