14.5 million Americans now conceal carry guns for self defense

Well, there is still always the Zombie Apocolypse to consider.
And you can never fully convince people it's impossible.
Well we do have a zombie running for the White House on the Democrat ticket representing their voting dead constituency they have had for two centuries.
And considering the people she surrounds herself with, she's short circuiting for want of brains.
I think at this point, regardless of Hillarys health, she is running on autopilot. Her handlers are making all the real decisions and she is just along for the ride for as long as she can cling to the pommel.
Like Howard Hughes. Her handlers will do anything to hide her self destruct episodes.

Like Howard Hughes. Her handlers will do anything to hide her self destruct episodes.
The problem of course is that she doesnt control them and cant be responsible for what they do in her name.

This opens up a huge can of worms allowing for cabinet officials to fully abuse their powers, which actually includes forcing aperson to work for the federal government for an indefinite period of time without compensation.

Executive Order -- National Defense Resources Preparedness
Sec. 502. Consultants. The head of each agency otherwise delegated functions under this order is delegated the authority of the President under sections 710(b) and (c) of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2160(b), (c), to employ persons of outstanding experience and ability without compensation and to employ experts, consultants, or organizations. The authority delegated by this section may not be redelegated.

Scary shit coming of that feeble old hag wins the White House.

Of course you do because you obviously think my assertion that people with CCWs do not all carry consistently or at all is false.

If you say that ALL CCW permit holders carry a concealed weapon on them all the time then prove it.

I carry about 60% of the time I go out. If I think that I am going anywhere that there is any plausible chance I might need it I carry 100%. But the catch is that you dont always know that you will need it, so better to have it and not need it than to not have it and need it.

I suppose you think everyone with a driver's license drives everyday too. Guess what many people with drivers' licenses hardly ever drive if at all
Yeah, many people, but in the framework of active people that get out of the house each day, no, most people drive and everyone wants to be able to drive legally which is the main point to the 2A discussion.

The way things are going these days, anywhere can present a plausible chance.

Some places are more plausible than others.

While in theory it is plausible some ass hat might walk in to the local Wahwah and start shooting, I dont feel a need to arm before going there. If I am going on a long trip, I will probably carry as I could have a car break down and be without a known location for those who care about me.

One thing is for sure, if some unlucky bastard tries to do a kidnapping for profit crime with me as their target, I will shoot till I am out of bullets and then bite their ankles if I have to. I will not go with them quietly.

Some places are more plausible than others.

While in theory it is plausible some ass hat might walk in to the local Wahwah and start shooting, I dont feel a need to arm before going there. If I am going on a long trip, I will probably carry as I could have a car break down and be without a known location for those who care about me.

One thing is for sure, if some unlucky bastard tries to do a kidnapping for profit crime with me as their target, I will shoot till I am out of bullets and then bite their ankles if I have to. I will not go with them quietly.

Since ass hats have walked in places you may not have expected they would, it's not a theory. It's based on experience.

Since ass hats have walked in places you may not have expected they would, it's not a theory. It's based on experience.
I know that, but I have to weigh the likelihood of needing the gun to protect myself vrs the possibility of an accident or it being taken from me while I am distracted by other things.

For example I dont open carry when I go getting drunk any more. I have never had an accident of any kind doing that, but it give cause for worry for my friends, so I dont do it.

But I shoot better with 6 beers in me than totally sober. lol

The chance that I might get robbed or attacked is still there, but the other problems outweigh that possible harm.

I know that, but I have to weigh the likelihood of needing the gun to protect myself vrs the possibility of an accident or it being taken from me while I am distracted by other things.

For example I dont open carry when I go getting drunk any more. I have never had an accident of any kind doing that, but it give cause for worry for my friends, so I dont do it.

But I shoot better with 6 beers in me than totally sober. lol

The chance that I might get robbed or attacked is still there, but the other problems outweigh that possible harm.

That's your choice but it doesn't change that something can happen anywhere at anytime.

as more Americans carry guns for self defense...our gun murder rate went down, not up...that is shown in statistics from the CDC and the FBI.....so the basic premise of the gun control movement is wrong...more guns do not cause more gun murder or violent crime.......

We now have a record 14.5 million Americans carring guns.....

Concealed Carry Permits Reach Record High

On the subject of crime, in this latest report, Lott and the CPRC report that between 2007 and 2015, the

Not everyone who has a CCW permit carries consistently or at all.
You know this how? Many have a CCW so they can keep a gun in the glove box of their vehicle. It still means a gun is close by when needed.
I've had a gun in the glove box of my vehicle since 9-11-2001.
Since I got my carry permit, it's been loaded.
You need to replace the ammunition because of expired primers, lubricate the moving parts, replace the springs under constant tension and never again leave a gun in your glove box for 15 years.
It's not like I haven't fired it in that 15 years....
:eek-52:

Forum List

Back