12-Year-Old Defends Herself with Gun, Proves Need of 2nd Amendment

Hey should 12 year olds be able to buy their own weapons? You know, just walk in to the local gun store, plop down their piggy bank and say; gimme a glock with the big clip. I got some problems to resolve.

That should be legal. Right gun lovers. I mean, many of you on here have been handling weapons since you were in diapers. Why not have kids be able to arm themselves? Carry concealed to school?

If a 12 years old is living on his own paying taxes yes they should have the right to own and purchase firearms.

"Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced"

- President Obama, 2nd Presidential Debate - Oct. 16, 2012 Hempstead, N.Y.

So from that you deduct this administration will take your shotgun's and magazines away?

They are trying and if allowed will take the very weapons the courts have ruled protected by the second amendment.

Reinstate Assualt Weapons Ban =

1) NO semi-rifles that take a magazine
2) NO semi-shotguns hold more than 5rd
3) NO magazines over 10rds.

i wished my piggy bank held that much in coin......for a glock....

look the pig went in looking for more than coin.....the little one was hiding in a linen type closet....the only treasure there was the little one......thankfully she was armed

“part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced.”
That's pretty weak language IMO.

Besides even in the old AWB legislation you would not lose your guns and your current guns would be "grandfathered". Your 12 guage or 22 is enough to protect your front door.

Romney's track record should worry you more regarding.

Spare me the fear of any gun regulation being the slippery slope to losing all our guns. I'm sure I'll still be shooting the same fully auto AK 47 I shot a couple months ago 4 years from now.

You've got a full auto AK? It takes one helluva license to keep THAT legal, don't it?

“part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced.”
That's pretty weak language IMO.

Besides even in the old AWB legislation you would not lose your guns and your current guns would be "grandfathered". Your 12 guage or 22 is enough to protect your front door.

But I don't have any guns, have lawful standing and want an AR-15 for sale @ my WALMART ?

Last edited:
i wished my piggy bank held that much in coin......for a glock....

look the pig went in looking for more than coin.....the little one was hiding in a linen type closet....the only treasure there was the little one......thankfully she was armed

Take my 45 years of experience with firearms which would also include my military and police training. most firearms you're buying the name, you don't have to put a lot of money into a firearm to get a good working one. Hi Points are a love hate firearm. I have several they function just as expected as those high priced firearms do. You can get one as cheap as 150.00

How would people feel about this?

OK....first off....good for the girl. I'm glad she's OK and let me say that I support Gun rights in this country......OK.....onto my thought.

Many of our problems in this country with firearms is NOT with law abiding citizens. The Idea of banning guns....even assault weapons from these people is ludicrous. Sure...you get the occasional jealous husband, mentally unstable person going on a rampage, etc.....but by and large, gun violence in this country is perpetrated by criminals. So what I propose is this:

When we pull our troops out of Afghanistan, we use these battle hardened troops to confiscate all ILLEGAL weapons. Start on the East coast. Make an announcement first, so that people can either voluntarily turn them in, or get them registered. Then send in the troops to confiscate the ones that remain.

The violence in our inner cities is horrible, and these tough economic times makes it worse...crime becomes a reasonable option for more and more people in dire straights. Gangs rule many neighborhoods and hold good people hostage to their violence and intimidation. They are a direct threat to our people and I feel they should be fairly labeled as Domestic Terrorists.

To disarm people like this is not a violation of the second amendment, it is a matter of National Security and the protection of our people. Question.....where do you think most of the calls for gun bans come from? The good people of these crime ridden streets that see and live with this shit every day. They want it to end.....it's not some Commie plot.....it's people who live in these pockets of hell in our country.

I think that this would be a reasonable compromise between a "gun ban" and letting criminals kill rampantly for the sake of good, law abiding gun owners.

When we pull our troops out of Afghanistan, we use these battle hardened troops to confiscate all ILLEGAL weapons. Start on the East coast. Make an announcement first, so that people can either voluntarily turn them in, or get them registered. Then send in the troops to confiscate the ones that remain.

Brilliant. Get Obama to run with this tomorrow night.

How would people feel about this?

OK....first off....good for the girl. I'm glad she's OK and let me say that I support Gun rights in this country......OK.....onto my thought.

Many of our problems in this country with firearms is NOT with law abiding citizens. The Idea of banning guns....even assault weapons from these people is ludicrous. Sure...you get the occasional jealous husband, mentally unstable person going on a rampage, etc.....but by and large, gun violence in this country is perpetrated by criminals. So what I propose is this:

The violence in our inner cities is horrible, and these tough economic times makes it worse...crime becomes a reasonable option for more and more people in dire straights. Gangs rule many neighborhoods and hold good people hostage to their violence and intimidation. They are a direct threat to our people and I feel they should be fairly labeled as Domestic Terrorists.

To disarm people like this is not a violation of the second amendment, it is a matter of National Security and the protection of our people. Question.....where do you think most of the calls for gun bans come from? The good people of these crime ridden streets that see and live with this shit every day. They want it to end.....it's not some Commie plot.....it's people who live in these pockets of hell in our country.

I think that this would be a reasonable compromise between a "gun ban" and letting criminals kill rampantly for the sake of good, law abiding gun owners.

:badgrin: first you must find enough troops to violate the Constitution and enough to fight against the cops willing to defend the Constitution and then fight against the armed Citizen. which I think the military is out gunned 5 to 1

Which inner cities are you talking about those with restrictive gun laws?

Last edited:
Important thing here is that no one lost their life over this. That's what I take away from it. The girl did exactly as her parents probably taught her to and imo, lots of gun-related deaths involving kids result from poor supervision, reckless decision making and/or training from the parents or an adult in that situation. You very rarely hear about a kid who was well trained in gun-handling by a parent killing another kid or an adult or anything like that.

You've got a full auto AK? It takes one helluva license to keep THAT legal, don't it?

No - I only own my great fathers 1847 Springfield Shotgun and an axe handle by the bedside.

My friend has a federal firearms license. He owns lot's of fully auto guns and makes his own clips. He let's be shoot them every once in awhile. He is not worried about Obama and in fact supports him over Romney.

This whole gun control issue is nothing more than fear mongering.

Glad it worked out for her, she got lucky. I wonder if she identified the person opening the door before she fired. It would have sucked if a cop or one of her parents had opend the door and got shot instead.

This is not a victory for or against gun laws, it is a little girl getting lucky defending herself. I support guns for home protection, and I still support gun locks so twelve year olds can't kill themselves on accident. There are too many problems with this story to tout as a gun rights victory. Be happy she made it and leave it at that.

IDIOT!! What possible good could that gun have been if it had a trigger lock on it?

Would the little girl have to THROW IT at the burglar/pervert??

No - I only own my great fathers 1847 Springfield Shotgun and an axe handle by the bedside.

My friend has a federal firearms license. He owns lot's of fully auto guns and makes his own clips. He let's be shoot them every once in awhile. He is not worried about Obama and in fact supports him over Romney.

This is either a lie or your friend is an idiot. Leaning towards a lie.

Talk to me in 4 years when that actually happens. Funny how neither Romney nor Obama are going after each other on the gun issue? Wonder why? Each side has enough dirt on the other - actually Obama could make the more compelling case against Romney. It just ain't going to happen.

Why is that a lie? It is the absolute truth. But there is of course no way I can prove it to you online, so the point is mute. You'll have to take my word - or not.

Talk to me in 4 years when that actually happens. Funny how neither Romney nor Obama are going after each other on the gun issue? Wonder why? Each side has enough dirt on the other - actually Obama could make the more compelling case against Romney. It just ain't going to happen.

So Obama is lying in the debate before the nation when he says if he wins he will push for the AWB ?

[Looks at SnagNasty and raises eyebrows]

So Obama is lying in the debate before the nation when he says if he wins he will push for the AWB ?

[Looks at SnagNasty and raises eyebrows]

That is not what he said - he said. “part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced.”

the active verb is different. "Seeing" is not "pushing"

Why is that a lie? It is the absolute truth. But there is of course no way I can prove it to you online, so the point is mute. You'll have to take my word - or not.

Moreover - I really do sleep with an axe handle by the bed? Why is that so hard to believe?

Forum List

Back