12-Year-Old Defends Herself with Gun, Proves Need of 2nd Amendment

Talk to me in 4 years when that actually happens. Funny how neither Romney nor Obama are going after each other on the gun issue? Wonder why? Each side has enough dirt on the other - actually Obama could make the more compelling case against Romney. It just ain't going to happen.

So Obama is lying in the debate before the nation when he says if he wins he will push for the AWB ?

[Looks at SnagNasty and raises eyebrows]

That is not what he said - he said. “part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced.”

the active verb is different. "Seeing" is not "pushing"

Oh thats right !!!!! I forgot you always have to let people parse Obama's words for him.

So seeing if you can something passed, isnt pushing to pass it ?

How would people feel about this?

OK....first off....good for the girl. I'm glad she's OK and let me say that I support Gun rights in this country......OK.....onto my thought.

Many of our problems in this country with firearms is NOT with law abiding citizens. The Idea of banning guns....even assault weapons from these people is ludicrous. Sure...you get the occasional jealous husband, mentally unstable person going on a rampage, etc.....but by and large, gun violence in this country is perpetrated by criminals. So what I propose is this:

When we pull our troops out of Afghanistan, we use these battle hardened troops to confiscate all ILLEGAL weapons. Start on the East coast. Make an announcement first, so that people can either voluntarily turn them in, or get them registered. Then send in the troops to confiscate the ones that remain.

The violence in our inner cities is horrible, and these tough economic times makes it worse...crime becomes a reasonable option for more and more people in dire straights. Gangs rule many neighborhoods and hold good people hostage to their violence and intimidation. They are a direct threat to our people and I feel they should be fairly labeled as Domestic Terrorists.

To disarm people like this is not a violation of the second amendment, it is a matter of National Security and the protection of our people. Question.....where do you think most of the calls for gun bans come from? The good people of these crime ridden streets that see and live with this shit every day. They want it to end.....it's not some Commie plot.....it's people who live in these pockets of hell in our country.

I think that this would be a reasonable compromise between a "gun ban" and letting criminals kill rampantly for the sake of good, law abiding gun owners.

:badgrin: first you must find enough troops to violate the Constitution and enough to fight against the cops willing to defend the Constitution and then fight against the armed Citizen. which I think the military is out gunned 5 to 1

Which inner cities are you talking about those with restrictive gun laws?

So....owning guns illegally and using them for illegal purposes, effectively terrorizing American citizens....not to mention KILLING them is protected by the constitution? Riiiiiight......

This whole gun control issue is nothing more than fear mongering.

"Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced"

- President Obama, 2nd Presidential Debate - Oct. 16, 2012 Hempstead, N.Y.

Reinstate Assualt Weapons Ban =

1) NO semi-rifles that take a magazine
2) NO semi-shotguns hold more than 5rd
3) NO magazines over 10rds.

Talk to me in 4 years when that actually happens. Funny how neither Romney nor Obama are going after each other on the gun issue? Wonder why? Each side has enough dirt on the other - actually Obama could make the more compelling case against Romney. It just ain't going to happen.

The idiocy of the OP and other conservatives who have subscribed to this thread is remarkable.

Here they’ve won the ultimate judicial victory, where Heller/McDonald is accepted, settled law, and yet they work to keep the ‘gun debate’ alive, for reasons predicated on the partisan, the paranoid, or both.

No one is going to ‘grab your guns.’

Any Federal legislation introduced to reinstate the ‘AWB’ will never make it out of committee, and even if by some bizarre chance such legislation is enacted and signed into law, the courts will invalidate it as un-Constitutional.

How would people feel about this?

OK....first off....good for the girl. I'm glad she's OK and let me say that I support Gun rights in this country......OK.....onto my thought.

Many of our problems in this country with firearms is NOT with law abiding citizens. The Idea of banning guns....even assault weapons from these people is ludicrous. Sure...you get the occasional jealous husband, mentally unstable person going on a rampage, etc.....but by and large, gun violence in this country is perpetrated by criminals. So what I propose is this:

When we pull our troops out of Afghanistan, we use these battle hardened troops to confiscate all ILLEGAL weapons. Start on the East coast. Make an announcement first, so that people can either voluntarily turn them in, or get them registered. Then send in the troops to confiscate the ones that remain.

The violence in our inner cities is horrible, and these tough economic times makes it worse...crime becomes a reasonable option for more and more people in dire straights. Gangs rule many neighborhoods and hold good people hostage to their violence and intimidation. They are a direct threat to our people and I feel they should be fairly labeled as Domestic Terrorists.

To disarm people like this is not a violation of the second amendment, it is a matter of National Security and the protection of our people. Question.....where do you think most of the calls for gun bans come from? The good people of these crime ridden streets that see and live with this shit every day. They want it to end.....it's not some Commie plot.....it's people who live in these pockets of hell in our country.

I think that this would be a reasonable compromise between a "gun ban" and letting criminals kill rampantly for the sake of good, law abiding gun owners.

:badgrin: first you must find enough troops to violate the Constitution and enough to fight against the cops willing to defend the Constitution and then fight against the armed Citizen. which I think the military is out gunned 5 to 1

Which inner cities are you talking about those with restrictive gun laws?

So....owning guns illegally and using them for illegal purposes, effectively terrorizing American citizens....not to mention KILLING them is protected by the constitution? Riiiiiight......

you're drifting into dumb ass land come back on your return trip.
Any law can infringe on a persons right to keep and bear arms. All gun control laws are anti second amendment.

Any Federal legislation introduced to reinstate the ‘AWB’ will never make it out of committee, and even if by some bizarre chance such legislation is enacted and signed into law, the courts will invalidate it as un-Constitutional.

Yet the President, a Harvard and Columbia Constitutional scholar and law review expert, uses reenactment of an AWB as a personally verbalized debate goal and policy position.

Piss down the leg only feels like rain if your eyes are closed.

The idiocy of the OP and other conservatives who have subscribed to this thread is remarkable.

Here they’ve won the ultimate judicial victory, where Heller/McDonald is accepted, settled law, and yet they work to keep the ‘gun debate’ alive, for reasons predicated on the partisan, the paranoid, or both.

I've read your dumb ass shit shut the fuck up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS67NUO5OAg

Last edited:
Oh thats right !!!!! I forgot you always have to let people parse Obama's words for him.

Yes they are indeed very different words and have very different meanings. That's why they even sound different.

Even you are butcheing his quote. It was

“part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced.”

I don's see the word passed in there. I see reintroduced which once again is very different than passed.

And yes - I will use the persons words and past actions to see what they mean for the future until they come out with a telepathy machine.

What is this crap - freshman debating 101? "If in doubt call the person a liar or add words that are not there?"

Is it more believable coming from a left wing rag?
12-year-old Oklahoma girl shoots intruder in home - SFGate

Yeah, actually, it's kind of telling.

Gee, so he's not some hardened criminal, he was just some guy looking for food.

Kind of puts the story in a different light, except for far right wingers who think that the homeless are such because of their own moral failings.

This is the kind of guy he is...

An Amber alert has been issued for a Durant teenager after Durant Police received information late Monday afternoon that she did not come home from school.

The juvenile female is Breanne McQuigg, 17, and she is diagnosed as mentally limited with a level of a 10 to 12 year old, according to police.

Video surveillance was retrieved from the Durant High School and it showed the juvenile female getting into a tan mini van.

Police said the vehicle is believed to be driven by Stacey Adam Jones , 31.

The vehicle is a tan 2002 Chevrolet Astro Van with an Oklahoma license plate of 521 EZV. They are believed to be in the Sherman, Texas, or Texarkana, Texas, area.

An Amber alert has been issued for McQuigg. Anyone with information on this is asked to please contact the Durant Crime Stoppers at 580-924-8845.

Read more: Durant Daily Democrat - Amber alert issued for missing teen

He was later charged with harboring a runaway and contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Real good guy, right?

Guy, what the fuck are you even talking about?

I don's see the word passed in there. I see reintroduced which once again is very different than passed.

Yes reintroducing the AWB is very different from trying to get it passed.

You don't introduce something you want to pass.

How freshman of me.

Thankfully the rest of us Americans are stupid.

Last edited:
No - I only own my great fathers 1847 Springfield Shotgun and an axe handle by the bedside.

My friend has a federal firearms license. He owns lot's of fully auto guns and makes his own clips. He let's be shoot them every once in awhile. He is not worried about Obama and in fact supports him over Romney.

This whole gun control issue is nothing more than fear mongering.

This is either a lie or your friend is an idiot. Leaning towards a lie.

Why is that a lie? It is the absolute truth. But there is of course no way I can prove it to you online, so the point is mute. You'll have to take my word - or not.

Again it's is a lie OR your friend is an idiot.
obama said he would sign any assault weapons ban that crossed his desk, your idioctic friend would lose his firearms. So why does he support obama?

Yes they are indeed very different words and have very different meanings. That's why they even sound different.

Even you are butcheing his quote. It was

And yes - I will use the persons words and past actions to see what they mean for the future until they come out with a telepathy machine.

What is this crap - freshman debating 101? "If in doubt call the person a liar or add words that are not there?"

Gimme a fucking break, Snag. The whole purpose of reintroduction is passage, anything less is nothing more than an exercise in futility.

Don't be an idiot, man...

[
Depends is where I stopped reading. You are a fucking idiot. So a 12 year old doesn't have a right to defend their life any way they can?

1) You really haven't demonstrated her life was in any danger.

2) We already know 12 year olds don't have the ability to really make that judgement. That's why little Sally can't go into the Gun Store and put her piggy-bank on the counter and say, "Give me a .38 special".

3) What kind of parents leave a 12 year old at home by herself?

Again, this is from TownHall.. which is like the crazy end of the right wing and can't be believed.
Is it more believable coming from a left wing rag?
12-year-old Oklahoma girl shoots intruder in home - SFGate

Yeah, actually, it's kind of telling.

Calera Police Chief Don Hyde also assisted in catching Jones, who told Hyde he had been shot. Jones then pointed to the girl's house and said that he had been homeless for the last 10 days and was hungry.

Gee, so he's not some hardened criminal, he was just some guy looking for food.

Kind of puts the story in a different light, except for far right wingers who think that the homeless are such because of their own moral failings.

Where does it say that? It only didn't say he was. Law abiding people do not break into other people's homes.

I knew a democrat would show up to protect the criminal. The guy was just in the house to babysit.

Forum List

Back