Deer hunter hears cries, finds missing 2-year-old

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

A 2-year-old girl who went missing was found safe after a deer hunter heard her cries in a wooded area near the child’s home on Oct. 22 in Newberry County, South Carolina.

Newberry County Sheriff’s officials shared on their Facebook page that the young girl was last seen around 3 p.m. Sunday after laying down with her mother for a nap.

Around 6 p.m., a deer hunter heard the child crying and contacted police.
Officers used mapping technology that helped them find the hunter and little girl in a wooded area nearly a mile from her home.

According to authorities, the young girl was evaluated by EMS officials.

"Other than being tired, thirsty, and frightened, the little girl was in good shape. It was truly a miraculous find," the Newberry County Sheriff’s Office wrote on Facebook.

Wow, a mile away, the kid was on the move.

Yeah, parents should have been watching closer but kids can be pretty slick. At least she was found safe and sound.

We put those cheap chain locks on all the exit doors up high where the little hellions could not reach them. They worked great. They figured out door knobs and dead bolts early.

Yeah, I just hope that there is not more to the story like the kid being dropped there.
that's a good point..a kid this young could not say what happened and the memory would disappear almost immediately from her consciousness. There are cases like that....and even with 6 and 8 year olds.

I found a baby, barely able to walk, alongside a busy street, only wearing a shirt, being trailed by a little poodle, and knew something was wrong. There were cars parked nearby and I thought the parents might have been over there and waved at them while I held the kid's hand and they just looked at me. Then I flagged a passing car down (I was jogging and had no phone) and they called the police. Me and the cop walked around the neighborhood with the kid and the parents eventually pulled up in a Cadillac Escalade looking for him. The parents are very wealthy developers and apparently didn't know where their kid was.

Forum List

Back