12 people dead because someone was lazy

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by Katzndogz, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
  2. Ariux

Ariux BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +184
    This points to another factor to James Holmes shooting scores of people, the influence of ultra-liberal psychology courses.

3. George Costanza

George Costanza A Friendly Liberal

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    I KNEW IT!!! Those damn LIBERALS!!! And ULTRA liberals, to boot!!! God DAMN it!! (And I'm willing to bet they were probably ELITISTS as well. DAMN it!)

I'm suggesting we do totally away with colleges and universities. Home schooling for all - including medical students and scientists.

Damn liberals!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  4. George Costanza

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    But, to get back to reality . . . if this is true, it adds to the tragedy, assuming what was in the letter would have enabled someone to take action to prevent what happened.

Hmmmm . . . on reading the linked article, I am wondering if the "chilling" notebook had been timely delivered, what exactly could have been done. The threats to kill people appeared general, not specific, i.e., he was not saying when and where it was going to happen. So all they would have had was an obviously disturbed person out there but, hey, that's true all over the world. Just because someone threatens to "kill people," and sets forth how he intends to do it does not necessarily give anyone the authority to take him into custody or have him committed anywhere.

It's an interesting twist on the case, and certainly newsworty, but I'm not sure that the spin on it as suggested in the thread title is totally warranted.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  5. High_Gravity

High_Gravity Belligerent Drunk Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    For some reason this doesn't surprise me. Maj Nidal Hassan made it known he supported Jihad but nobody did anything.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Barb

Barb Carpe Scrotum

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,586
    This is what happens when government, because public employees are such burdens on our budgets, is forced into the biznez model of downsizing. Less people to do the jobs in a timely manner.

But of course, whenever the ugly and inevitable results become evident, the advocates of supply side policies point to their handiwork as proof of the “inefficiency” of government bureaucracy, and claim that the private sector can do the job better, they’ll also claim that they can do it cheaper. And, oh, BTW, they know a guy…

7. Politico

Politico Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,491
    A week for the media = two business days and the weekend when no one was there. Unless the 'source' comes forward of course.

8. George Costanza

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    :clap2::clap2::clap2:

9. horse_lover1991

horse_lover1991 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think some clarification is in store. The package hadn't arrived to the mailroom until Monday. Monday is also the same day that the warrant was issued for it, so it couldn't have been sitting around for long and there was no way that the psychiatrist (which is a woman--I have met her and from what I have seen of her she is a pretty good and competent psychiatrist) could have gotten word of James Holmes' attacks before police took the notebook away as evidence.

10. OODA_Loop

OODA_Loop Account Terminated

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +523
    Remaining public employees don't step up to get it done like the private sector.