12 people dead because someone was lazy

Katzndogz

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2011
This points to another factor to James Holmes shooting scores of people, the influence of ultra-liberal psychology courses.

This points to another factor to James Holmes shooting scores of people, the influence of ultra-liberal psychology courses.

I KNEW IT!!! Those damn LIBERALS!!! And ULTRA liberals, to boot!!! God DAMN it!! (And I'm willing to bet they were probably ELITISTS as well. DAMN it!)

I'm suggesting we do totally away with colleges and universities. Home schooling for all - including medical students and scientists.

Damn liberals!

Last edited:
James Holmes wrote everything down in a notebook and mailed it to a psychiatrist who was a professor at the university. It was delivered to the university a week before the shooting spree. But never delivered to the professor. It was found, unopened, in the mailroom.

Because someone was too lazy to take it from the mailroom to the professor, 12 people died and 58 more were shot.

EXCLUSIVE: Movie massacre suspect sent chilling notebook to psychiatrist before attack | Fox News

But, to get back to reality . . . if this is true, it adds to the tragedy, assuming what was in the letter would have enabled someone to take action to prevent what happened.

Hmmmm . . . on reading the linked article, I am wondering if the "chilling" notebook had been timely delivered, what exactly could have been done. The threats to kill people appeared general, not specific, i.e., he was not saying when and where it was going to happen. So all they would have had was an obviously disturbed person out there but, hey, that's true all over the world. Just because someone threatens to "kill people," and sets forth how he intends to do it does not necessarily give anyone the authority to take him into custody or have him committed anywhere.

It's an interesting twist on the case, and certainly newsworty, but I'm not sure that the spin on it as suggested in the thread title is totally warranted.

Last edited:
James Holmes wrote everything down in a notebook and mailed it to a psychiatrist who was a professor at the university. It was delivered to the university a week before the shooting spree. But never delivered to the professor. It was found, unopened, in the mailroom.

Because someone was too lazy to take it from the mailroom to the professor, 12 people died and 58 more were shot.

EXCLUSIVE: Movie massacre suspect sent chilling notebook to psychiatrist before attack | Fox News

For some reason this doesn't surprise me. Maj Nidal Hassan made it known he supported Jihad but nobody did anything.

This is what happens when government, because public employees are such burdens on our budgets, is forced into the biznez model of downsizing. Less people to do the jobs in a timely manner.

But of course, whenever the ugly and inevitable results become evident, the advocates of supply side policies point to their handiwork as proof of the “inefficiency” of government bureaucracy, and claim that the private sector can do the job better, they’ll also claim that they can do it cheaper. And, oh, BTW, they know a guy…

This is what happens when government, because public employees are such burdens on our budgets, is forced into the biznez model of downsizing. Less people to do the jobs in a timely manner.

But of course, whenever the ugly and inevitable results become evident, the advocates of supply side policies point to their handiwork as proof of the “inefficiency” of government bureaucracy, and claim that the private sector can do the job better, they’ll also claim that they can do it cheaper. And, oh, BTW, they know a guy…

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I think some clarification is in store. The package hadn't arrived to the mailroom until Monday. Monday is also the same day that the warrant was issued for it, so it couldn't have been sitting around for long and there was no way that the psychiatrist (which is a woman--I have met her and from what I have seen of her she is a pretty good and competent psychiatrist) could have gotten word of James Holmes' attacks before police took the notebook away as evidence.

Remaining public employees don't step up to get it done like the private sector.

And you infer ‘laziness’ from this how? Were other documents also delivered late? How was anyone to know the contents of the package? What was the professor supposed to do? Are you so ignorant and naïve as to believe the professor, once in receipt of the notebook, would dash to the authorities demanding his arrest?

Hmmmm . . . on reading the linked article, I am wondering if the "chilling" notebook had been timely delivered, what exactly could have been done. The threats to kill people appeared general, not specific, i.e., he was not saying when and where it was going to happen. So all they would have had was an obviously disturbed person out there but, hey, that's true all over the world. Just because someone threatens to "kill people," and sets forth how he intends to do it does not necessarily give anyone the authority to take him into custody or have him committed anywhere.

It's an interesting twist on the case, and certainly newsworty, but I'm not sure that the spin on it as suggested in the thread title is totally warranted.

Correct.

But, to get back to reality . . . if this is true, it adds to the tragedy, assuming what was in the letter would have enabled someone to take action to prevent what happened.

As a liberal who is exceptionally versed in our legal processes, you are right. Just because someone expresses an intent to engage in mass murder, it is no reason to take away his rights. That's really why we have these kinds of massacres. Even if you know, there's nothing that anyone could do about it. Until he actually opens fire, he has not committed a crime. No matter how insane we KNOW he is, no one could do anything about it. There is no form of protection anyone could take. Even making the judgment that he's insane is wrong. Who are we to judge anyway?

Forum List

Back