11 things the Bible bans, but you do anyway

11 Things The Bible Bans, But You Do Anyway - 11Points.com

So I thought it'd be a good time to find a bunch of stuff that the Bible bans... stuff that's a lot LESS convenient. Don't worry, though... just because I'm pointing it out, that doesn't mean you now have to follow it. It's a lot easier to keep discriminating against gay people for no particular reason than to stop eating bacon, after all.

Here are 11 things that are technically banned by the Bible. (All quotes are translations from the New American Standard Bible, but, because I'm actually trying to maintain serious journalistic integrity here, I cross-referenced several other translations to make sure I wasn't missing the point.)
There shouldn't be a thread because HEY! It's the Bible and everybody knows it's just like the Pope.

/thread

yaaaawwwnnnnnn.............

So I thought it'd be a good time to find a bunch of stuff that the Bible bans... stuff that's a lot LESS convenient. Don't worry, though... just because I'm pointing it out, that doesn't mean you now have to follow it. It's a lot easier to keep discriminating against gay people for no particular reason than to stop eating bacon, after all.

Here are 11 things that are technically banned by the Bible. (All quotes are translations from the New American Standard Bible, but, because I'm actually trying to maintain serious journalistic integrity here, I cross-referenced several other translations to make sure I wasn't missing the point.)
There shouldn't be a thread because HEY! It's the Bible and everybody knows it's just like the Pope.

/thread

Gracious. You ran through all the other threads, and still needed to take a dump so you did it here? Well played, indeed!

Christianity permits divorce, but that doesn't make it "okay". Many Christians are divorced because Christians aren't perfect.

It isn't only Christians who aren't perfect. Humans aren't perfect.

Exactly. When a person becomes a Christian that doesn't make them perfect. Everyone needs a Savior.

I already stated no one is perfect, but that is no excuse for willful sinning is it? Should the make amends for their mistakes? Since a divorce is a long process, their is intent and a disregard for God, is that not taken into account?

Put your money where your mouth is and show a post where ive fought ssm.. you wont find one... I'm actually on record being for legalizing a gay civil union. Idiot...

‘Gay civil unions’ is not marriage, it’s insulting, demeaning segregation. Same-sex couples seek only what they have a right to, as with all citizens: marriage.

Marriage is a sacred act before God.. the day you start to force that on religious institutions against their will is the day you will see how far you can push people... what the government gives you is a legal license, I.e.civil.. whether you're a hetero or homo couple. You can call it what you want, it still wont force people who don't believe in it to accept it.

I really don't see that today, with the high divorce rates, even among Christians, marriage has been demeaned. Until those that profess to live by the Bible, live by the Bible instead of justifying their actions, I'd think God is is not thinking marriage is a sacred act.

/thread

Gracious. You ran through all the other threads, and still needed to take a dump so you did it here? Well played, indeed!

Are you new to religious sub-forums at message boards?

This pathetic topic has had more play than all Healthcare threads and Abortion threads COMBINED.

If you don't get it by now, you never will and starting threads will the sole purpose of attacking people of different levels of faith than you tells more about you than any size "dump" I could take on this toilet bowl of a thread.

Childless couples can adopt, use a surrogate or be artificially inseminated. Gay and lesbian families have children.

We aren't the same. My mind is open to you and your family and yours isn't to me and mine.

If someone tells me they are really a lion, I don't "open" my mind to them either. I think: this one needs help. That is how I look at you. Your posts support that. You seem totally lost, and you want to give the rest of us, life instruction? I have a "rock" in my life and a Savior, I don't need validation (someone to tell me what I am doing is "right" by forcing the legallity of my beliefs). Homosexual activists, on the other hand run around telling those of us that actually read the Bible what is in it (most of the time, they are using it out of context, and Revelations says that you should not do that...). They use the Bible to MANIPULATE other people, and try to beat everyone over the head with it, because those people will not tell them how smart and "right" they are when they are engaging in a destructive lifestyle. We get that you waaaaaaant it. It is another demonstration of how people stop their emotional development when they have had sex at an early age. It is not their fault, but they do not look at things as emotional adults.

And no, you are not open to me or my family. You say that, and then you are working to corrupt the community built on the "real" meaning of marriage (not the fluffy "we love each other stuff"). You keep telling us you are not, but that is exactly what you are doing. Deceit runs so deep in you that you do not even realize how obvious it is to those around you. You post because you waaaaaaaant it, it should be legal. You can show no benefit for homosexuals to be elevated to respectable status as a married couple to society. You can site exceptions, but you can not provide evidence where active homosexuals "produce" anything as a couple. I am sorry, but the nitwits feeding your fantasy are doing you no favors.

We want a legal, civil marriage, and your religious beliefs are irrelevant to that. I know it bugs you that atheists, lesbians and gays are get married without your Church's stamp of approval.

We don't need your approval nor want it.

Tough shit. I'm sure single people would like the benefits of legal, civil marriage as well, but since they're SINGLE they don't get them.

What you want is irrelevant. There are no rights that guarantee you everything you want. If you want marriage, you are free to get married. If you don't, then you don't get the benefits. It's your choice.

‘Gay civil unions’ is not marriage, it’s insulting, demeaning segregation. Same-sex couples seek only what they have a right to, as with all citizens: marriage.

Marriage is a sacred act before God.. the day you start to force that on religious institutions against their will is the day you will see how far you can push people... what the government gives you is a legal license, I.e.civil.. whether you're a hetero or homo couple. You can call it what you want, it still wont force people who don't believe in it to accept it.

I really don't see that today, with the high divorce rates, even among Christians, marriage has been demeaned. Until those that profess to live by the Bible, live by the Bible instead of justifying their actions, I'd think God is is not thinking marriage is a sacred act.

The demeaning of marriage started in the 60s with the sexual revolution, and continued through the 70s until today with no-fault divorce and the forced acceptance of sexual deviancy as *normal*...open marriages, the sexualization of children, the marginalization of traditional marriage, the legalization of abortion...it's no coincidence that the success rate of marriage began to decline with the advent of pop culture and fake studies telling us that marriage isn't needed or important.

PS...your statement that high divorce rates don't show that marriage has been demeaned doesn't make sense. Nor does the second sentence. You don't know the mind of God...and who are you to judge whether or not people are living by the bible, or not? Is that your judgement to make?

Last edited:

The demeaning of marriage started in the 60s with the sexual revolution, and continued through the 70s until today with no-fault divorce and the forced acceptance of sexual deviancy as *normal*...open marriages, the sexualization of children, the marginalization of traditional marriage, the legalization of abortion...it's no coincidence that the success rate of marriage began to decline with the advent of pop culture and fake studies telling us that marriage isn't needed or important.

I agree, yet Christianity didn't need to follow them down the road.

Are you new to religious sub-forums at message boards?

This pathetic topic has had more play than all Healthcare threads and Abortion threads COMBINED.

If you don't get it by now, you never will and starting threads will the sole purpose of attacking people of different levels of faith than you tells more about you than any size "dump" I could take on this toilet bowl of a thread.

Ya know - I'd <3 to ascribe value to your opinion, but I couldn't pick you out of the proverbial lineup; so I won't.

It will be called a marriage.

That's right because non-religious people are still free to marry. Marriage isn't all about Church.

It's about making a couple family.

"Marriage across societies is a public sexual union that creates kinship obligations and sharing of resources between men, women, and the children they may produce or adopt.

Marriage is an essentially private, intimate, emotional relationship created by two people for their own personal reasons to enhance their own personal well-being. Marriage is created by the couple,
for the couple. It is wrong, discriminatory, as well as counterproductive, therefore, for the state to favor certain kinds of intimate relations over others. Marriage has a legal form but no specific content."
http://www.marriagedebate.com/pdf/What is Marriage For.pdf

Here we go again with: let's pretend we are the same....
You cannot make a family, because it is physically impossible for you to "mate". Going thru the motions doesn't make it so.

There&#8217;s no &#8216;pretending,&#8217; all citizens are equal under the law, including marriage law; with the doctrine of coverture no longer part of the marriage contract, marriage is gender neutral. There&#8217;s nothing preventing same-sex couples from marrying, except ignorance and hate.

And to disallow same-sex couples from marrying because they can not procreate would require infertile opposite-sex couples be disallowed as well, for the same reason and to be consistent.

Last edited:
Nonsense. Gays can marry. They choose not to. We don't have to change the meaning to include them any more than we have to change the meaning to include single people, parents and their children, or siblings.

/thread

The old laws are abolished.
We follow the new law through faith, that Jesus is real and that we still obey the moral and ethical laws and the ten commandments.

Galatians 3:23-25

English Standard Version (ESV)

23 Now before faith came, we were held captive under the law, imprisoned until the coming faith would be revealed. 24 So then, the law was our guardian until Christ came, in order that we might be justified by faith. 25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

then stop relying on leviticus to justify discrimination. :thup:

otherwise, better dump the bacon.

The old laws are abolished.

You're a shithead.

Matthew 5:17-20 "Think not that I am come to abolish the law..." -Jesus.

Galatians 3:23-25

English Standard Version (ESV)

23 Now before faith came, we were held captive under the law, imprisoned until the coming faith would be revealed. 24 So then, the law was our guardian until Christ came, in order that we might be justified by faith. 25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

St. Paul doesn't mean that the law is abolished. He means that Christians aren't under the penalty of the law.

I seriously suggest you read the scriptures yourself instead of just posting these sites.

First, there are many of those who follow the Bible that do follow those scriptures. Just acting as if no one pays any attention to it is an assumption that has no merit. For example, there are many Christians who avoid mediums and fortune tellers. There are many Christians that don't get Tattoos because their bodies are Temples. And forgive me for being crass, but there are many Christians that don't "pull out". There are plenty of Christians who don't believe in divorce and encourage people not to do so.

Just because the author of this webpage is a deviant doesnt mean that all Christians agree with him. It's absurd to think that.

Second, 6 of those verses are in Leviticus. Leviticus is the Book of Moses that contains the commandments to the Levites. These are special commands for the Priestly class. They were never given to the general population.

then stop relying on leviticus to justify discrimination. :thup:

Faggotry has no benefits for society, unless you happen to be an ugly woman or small-dicked man, then it might provide some consolation.

First, there are many of those who follow the Bible that do follow those scriptures. Just acting as if no one pays any attention to it is an assumption that has no merit. For example, there are many Christians who avoid mediums and fortune tellers. There are many Christians that don't get Tattoos because their bodies are Temples. And forgive me for being crass, but there are many Christians that don't "pull out". There are plenty of Christians who don't believe in divorce and encourage people not to do so.

That is true. You are correct. While most people fail to come close to following the teachings of the Bible, millions of people do a good job of it.

Second, 6 of those verses are in Leviticus. Leviticus is the Book of Moses that contains the commandments to the Levites. These are special commands for the Priestly class. They were never given to the general population.

That's not completely accurate, but it's more accurate that what's implied in the OP.

/thread

It always amuses me when a modern person brings up 5000 or so, y/o guides to living.

did you know that you also can't eat rabbit?

:lol:

The reasons for these rules are never ever listed, just paraded out by god haters to mock people of faith.

Forum List

Back