1/3rd of Women in US Military Raped, 90 Percent Reported Sexual Harassment

I've always said women don't belong in the military for a TON of reasons. A lot of men argue with that but I don't care, police, firemen, troops...If I call the police because my house is being broken into by a huge thug and a woman shows up, I'm gonna be ticked off. I can shoot straight too, what I need is that aggressive male mind to take control of the situation with the shoulders to back it up. Same thing on the battleground. And I don't think the scent of Chanel #5 in a life or death situation is going to help matters.

This is not to say that any woman in the military is at fault. Far from it. But it's still a BAD PLAN. I've never been in the military but (forgive me if I'm wrong) but it seems like the military is geared toward football locker-room mentality...women probably wouldn't fare well there either

I love how people who have never Served try to state how the military should be organized. I'm a bit surprised though. I thought Palin had too much on her plate already to have a sock account on USMB.

#1 Why would you assume I'm self loathing? I just know how men, some who already have questionable standards, placed on the battlefield fighting for their lives at times, having been psychologically conditioned to be hardened to emotions and sensitivies....it's just tipping the scale for disaster. Not excusing it, just sayin you throw women in there and its just foolish IMO, and women pay the price.
Is there any evidence of this being a widespread problem or any pertinent psychological study that you can cite? Generally, opinions are substantiated before they're used to form policy.

Was I forming policy? I just know how a lot of men act after various wars and skirmishes. I seriously doubt they were trained to...uh oh :eek: you don't think they were trained to smell the pansys and weep as the dew decorated the rain forests, do you?

#2 In the video, "aiming the kuffar"? wow, not even pretending to fight for, oh, anything like freedom, just aiming your machine guns at unbelievers of Allah? Did I miss something or did you?
As usual, you seem to be clueless. Were you under the impression that there were roving bands of Muslim women in the Caucasus that shoot every non-Muslim they happen to encounter? :lol:

"Our targets are the Russian occupation forces, their military bases, command headquarters and also their local collaborators who pursue and kill peaceful Muslims. Civil objects and innocent civilians are not our targets." - Dokka Khamatovich Umarov (Emir)

"[Shaykh Abdul-Halim Sadulayev (President, KIA 2006)] also said that while the resistance will continue to try to inflict the maximum damage on the Russian armed forces and military targets, they will not attack peaceful civilians, women, and children, and will not take them hostage." - RFE

"We would not like to be akin to those who kill sleeping civilians with bombs and shells." - Amir Khattab (commander of foreign mujahideen, KIA 2002)​

Kalam, that's NOT what your video said. I'm just going by what YOU posted...and it doesn't look good for the unbelievers...because Amir Khattab might have written that, but I think the goal is to be akin to Mohammed, isn't it?

And we know what Mohammed did.

Last edited:
Funny I served 16 years in the Marine Corps and with women and NEVER once met one that claimed to be raped and only a couple that claimed to be harassed.

Because they were marine chicks.....ewwwwww. Now air force chicks...woohooo.

Now that's a silly comment. Two of the hottest women I've ever seen in uniform were Marines. To be fair, this was during AIT at Ft Eustis right after basic so it had been about 5 months or so since I'd been around anything but guys.....no wait.....visual memory is kicking in. They were fucking hot.

I love how people who have never Served try to state how the military should be organized. I'm a bit surprised though. I thought Palin had too much on her plate already to have a sock account on USMB.

Really?

I bet you don't love it as much as I love reading posts from those who most likely "served" hash that think they're military geniuses.

Really?

I bet you don't love it as much as I love reading posts from those who most likely "served" hash that think they're military geniuses.

It's already pretty clear you are threatened by my presence so why do you have to repeatedly reinforce that by always trying to make it personal? Do you really believe you can fool anyone by avoiding discussing the topic by your childish posts?

Really?

It's already pretty clear you are threatened by my presence so why do you have to repeatedly reinforce that by always trying to make it personal? Do you really believe you can fool anyone by avoiding discussing the topic by your childish posts?

:clap2:

:lol:

What a pussy.

Really?

What a pussy.

Don't call yourself a pussy. I like pussy. A. Lot. Pussy is a good thing. It's good to lick, tickle, curl, and cure. People like you don't deserve to label yourselves anywhere near the joys that pussy offers.

What a pussy.

Don't call yourself a pussy. I like pussy. A. Lot. Pussy is a good thing. It's good to lick, tickle, curl, and cure. People like you don't deserve to label yourselves anywhere near the joys that pussy offers.

I'm glad you enjoy your pussy so much :lol:

Anyone read the book or see the movie The General's Daughter? It revealed one of the major problems with women in the military is that some people don't believe they belong there so if they get raped, it's their fault for being somewhere they don't belong. Our culture has long taught people to blame rape victim instead of the rapist so this is not the military imposing its values onto our society. The military is just a clearer reflection of the many problems pervaded by patriarchal domination.

I have never participated in a thread here where it didn't evolve into childish crude name-calling. People complain about forums that have filters and moderation, this site is prime example of why those boundaries are set in place.

Anyone read the book or see the movie The General's Daughter? It revealed one of the major problems with women in the military is that some people don't believe they belong there so if they get raped, it's their fault for being somewhere they don't belong. Our culture has long taught people to blame rape victim instead of the rapist so this is not the military imposing its values onto our society. The military is just a clearer reflection of the many problems pervaded by patriarchal domination.

I've heard a guy (prior service) say that if women can't protect themselves from a sexual assault they have no right being in the military. I told him the same applies to him. There will always be someone bigger and stronger. Men can (and do) attack men as well.

I've always said women don't belong in the military for a TON of reasons. A lot of men argue with that but I don't care, police, firemen, troops...If I call the police because my house is being broken into by a huge thug and a woman shows up, I'm gonna be ticked off. I can shoot straight too, what I need is that aggressive male mind to take control of the situation with the shoulders to back it up. Same thing on the battleground. And I don't think the scent of Chanel #5 in a life or death situation is going to help matters.

This is not to say that any woman in the military is at fault. Far from it. But it's still a BAD PLAN. I've never been in the military but (forgive me if I'm wrong) but it seems like the military is geared toward football locker-room mentality...women probably wouldn't fare well there either

YOu obviously never met any strong women, and I know many women who could kick many men's ass. And as a women who played sports most of her life, I can tell you I am more aggressive and competitive than some men. Go watch a WNBA game or even women's college basketball. I played co ed bball for a few years and was never cloths lined by a guy, when I played high school that was the secret weapon for some girls. You really need to get your head out of the sand and realize women are not all susie homemaker anymore.

Women still aren't as strong as men, overall, and no matter how fit a woman is, there is always a man who can overpower her.

I've heard a guy (prior service) say that if women can't protect themselves from a sexual assault they have no right being in the military. I told him the same applies to him. There will always be someone bigger and stronger. Men can (and do) attack men as well.

The guy who said that was reinforcing the view men are not to blame for rapes. All that does is give permission to rape and creates an environment where rape victims are taught to blame themselves and be fearful of reporting the crime. Especially in the military.

I have never participated in a thread here where it didn't evolve into childish crude name-calling. People complain about forums that have filters and moderation, this site is prime example of why those boundaries are set in place.

thanks for stopping by; we look forward with great anticipation to your next visit.

YOu obviously never met any strong women, and I know many women who could kick many men's ass. And as a women who played sports most of her life, I can tell you I am more aggressive and competitive than some men. Go watch a WNBA game or even women's college basketball. I played co ed bball for a few years and was never cloths lined by a guy, when I played high school that was the secret weapon for some girls. You really need to get your head out of the sand and realize women are not all susie homemaker anymore.

Women still aren't as strong as men, overall, and no matter how fit a woman is, there is always a man who can overpower her.

just like a man.

Forum List

Back