1/3rd of Women in US Military Raped, 90 Percent Reported Sexual Harassment

why would they confide in you?

Idiot. Most of them were as sexual predatory as ANY man. Confide in him? WTF do YOU know?

Guess what ... getting pregnant is an easy out in every branch. You do the math, fuckwit.
Its interesting you brought this up, a study of the first Gulf war showed that nearly 30% of deployed army women became pregnant and opted out of teh combat zone in the period leading up to Desert Stom (when it was still desert shield).

It's a problem. It's just a crime (via the UCMJ) that is virtually un-prosecutable.

A general in Iraq recently tried it and was told to STFU by General Odierno.

Military sexual harassment data released - Military- msnbc.com

WASHINGTON - One-third of women in the military and 6 percent of men said they were sexually harassed, according to the latest Pentagon survey on the issue.

ROFL, from the first report that 71% were sexually harassed (or at least made the claim they were) down to 33%. Something ain't right.

I'm also curious about the claim of 6% of men claimed to be sexually harassed. Really?

-TSO

Don't forget the statistics of those sexually assaulted according to the Pentagon study.

The Army had 2.6 reports per 1,000 soldiers; the Air Force's rate was 1.6 reports per 1,000; the Marines' rate was 1.1 per 1,000; and the Navy's rate was 1 per 1,000 sailors. The average was 1.8 sexual assaults reported per 1,000 military members.

http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/acsc/99-016.pdf

The impact of pregnancy on U.S. Army readiness came to the forefront following the Persian Gulf War and the large-scale deployment of military servicewomen. Some deploying units reported that non-deployable rates for pregnancy among women were as much as 30% of those assigned. Numerous studies were conducted to determine the impact of pregnancy on Army readiness and different conclusions were drawn. From a tactical perspective the numbers of non-deployable for pregnancy are more than 16% in support units with a high concentration of female soldiers. Pregnancy in these units has a great impact on readiness, as well as the experience of the pregnant soldier.

WASHINGTON - One-third of women in the military and 6 percent of men said they were sexually harassed, according to the latest Pentagon survey on the issue.

ROFL, from the first report that 71% were sexually harassed (or at least made the claim they were) down to 33%. Something ain't right.

I'm also curious about the claim of 6% of men claimed to be sexually harassed. Really?

-TSO

Don't forget the statistics of those sexually assaulted according to the Pentagon study.

The Army had 2.6 reports per 1,000 soldiers; the Air Force's rate was 1.6 reports per 1,000; the Marines' rate was 1.1 per 1,000; and the Navy's rate was 1 per 1,000 sailors. The average was 1.8 sexual assaults reported per 1,000 military members.

Now take those number and compare them to civilians of the same age. I'm going to guess that the life of a civilian woman is more hazzardous than one of a woman in the military. I don't want it to seem as though I am saying it doesn't happen in the military, but the post from the OP(the report/study, not the actual poster) is soooo anti-military, it raised my hackles. :)

-TSO

When liberals post what they call facts.

Always check them.

They are usually wrong.

-TSO

Now take those number and compare them to civilians of the same age. I'm going to guess that the life of a civilian woman is more hazzardous than one of a woman in the military. I don't want it to seem as though I am saying it doesn't happen in the military, but the post from the OP(the report/study, not the actual poster) is soooo anti-military, it raised my hackles. :)

-TSO

The OP never posted a study.

He posted a link to newsjunkiespost.com :cuckoo: who made claims what studies said.

Idiot. Most of them were as sexual predatory as ANY man. Confide in him? WTF do YOU know?

Guess what ... getting pregnant is an easy out in every branch. You do the math, fuckwit.
Its interesting you brought this up, a study of the first Gulf war showed that nearly 30% of deployed army women became pregnant and opted out of teh combat zone in the period leading up to Desert Stom (when it was still desert shield).

It's a problem. It's just a crime (via the UCMJ) that is virtually un-prosecutable.

A general in Iraq recently tried it and was told to STFU by General Odierno.
I know, a book was written off the first study that compiled records of women in US service going back to the early 80s (when they first started to expand the role of women), a lot of it was unfavorable, as much of the training had to be scaled back as many women could not physically do it.

One of the more better known cases was the Navy changing the requirement the sailors be able to carry 180 lbs up four decks (the weight of an average sailor at the time with equipment) was reduced to 140 so women could qualify for shipboard duty. This may seem a small change but the orignal number was based on damage control procedure during WWII.

All the military academies lowered the physical standards and it was also seen in the Army's Basic training as well as regular PT requirments.

After nearly 30 years though, no adverse combat effect has been noted from any of it.

-TSO

Per 1,000 soldiers. Curious that they didn't say what percentage of those 1,000 soldiers are women.

How many of every 1,000 soldiers are women?

I know, but I did dig after reading that the OP. There is a report on the NPR site that backs up this claim, however, all they do is say "a study" without providing any additional backup.

-TSO

Interesting that you would say that. I recently read a study that said 97% of threads started on internet messageboards are complete bullshit.

go figure

I know, but I did dig after reading that the OP. There is a report on the NPR site that backs up this claim, however, all they do is say "a study" without providing any additional backup.

-TSO

Interesting that you would say that. I recently read a study that said 97% of threads started on internet messageboards are complete bullshit.

go figure

I read a study that found you read that study about internet forum threads. :)

-TSO

-TSO

Okay.

13.6% of active duty Army are women. So take 13.6% of 1,000 and you get 136 women soldiers.

So a truer figure would be the Army had 2.6 reports per 136 female soldiers.

Reported, btw.

-TSO

go figure

I read a study that found you read that study about internet forum threads. :)

-TSO

The most surprising thing is that apparently the threads that I start comprise a whopping 3% of all internet messageboard threads. I knew I was proficient but even I'm impressed. :D

-TSO

Per 1,000 soldiers. Curious that they didn't say what percentage of those 1,000 soldiers are women.

How many of every 1,000 soldiers are women?

http://www.womensmemorial.org/PDFs/StatsonWIM.pdf

Army 73,902 women in 2008 13.6%

-TSO

Okay.

13.6% of active duty Army are women. So take 13.6% of 1,000 and you get 136 women soldiers.

Reported, btw.

Why would you assume that 100% of the reports were made by women?

Sexist much? :eusa_whistle:

Okay.

Reported, btw.

I'm not. The article said 6% were men but for a true figure the 6% figure is small enough to not impact the number of women that file a report that they are raped.

Okay.

Reported, btw.

I'm not. The article said 6% were men but for a true figure the 6% figure is small enough to not impact the number of women that file a report that they are raped.

Proof again that your math skills need improvement.

94% of 2.6 = 2.44 :thup:

But of course I'm just bust'n your ovaries again. :)

Carry on.

The fact that the DoD is being disingenuous with their numbers leads me to believe they are covering something up.

Forum List

Back