How's this for liberal stupidity

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
I was recently debating politics with an extremely liberal in-law of mine and he actually said the following, verbatim:

The only reason we were attacked on 9/11 is because we're occupying Iraq and Afghanistan. I nearly fell off my chair laughing.

How the hell are you supposed to reason with that? :lol:

I was recently debating politics with an extremely liberal in-law of mine and he actually said the following, verbatim:

The only reason we were attacked on 9/11 is because we're occupying Iraq and Afghanistan. I nearly fell off my chair laughing.

How the hell are you supposed to reason with that? :lol:
just smile and nod

;)

your inlaw doesnt know the facts.

Its just like when I was trying to imform people of the facts before the Iraq war and 80 % of the people I talked to on the street thought Sadam did 911 because the news told them so.

Its just like when I was trying to imform people of the facts before the Iraq war and 80 % of the people I talked to on the street thought Sadam did 911 because the news told them so.

Straight up LIE, the News and the Administration told them Saddam Had no involvement in 9/11.

Straight up LIE, the News and the Administration told them Saddam Had no involvement in 9/11.

Slam dunk?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTstzb7qSI4&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

President Bush yesterday defended his assertions that there was a relationship between Saddam Hussein's Iraq and Osama bin Laden's al Qaeda, putting him at odds with this week's finding of the bipartisan Sept. 11 commission.
adTAG.gif
administration;dir=administrationnode;dir=politics;dir=administration;page=article;kw=;ad=ss;ad=bb;ad=hp;pos=ad26;sz=300x250;tile=20;abr=!ie;ord=1087614454960
administration;dir=administrationnode;dir=politics;dir=administration;page=article;kw=;ad=ss;ad=bb;ad=hp;pos=ad27;sz=160x600;tile=20;abr=!ie;ord=1087614454960
administration;dir=administrationnode;dir=politics;dir=administration;page=article;kw=;ad=ss;ad=bb;ad=hp;pos=ad24;sz=336x850;tile=20;abr=!ie;ord=1087614454960
"The reason I keep insisting that there was a relationship between Iraq and Saddam and al Qaeda: because there was a relationship between Iraq and al Qaeda," Bush said after a Cabinet meeting. As evidence, he cited Iraqi intelligence officers' meeting with bin Laden in Sudan. "There's numerous contacts between the two," Bush said.
Bush Defends Assertions of Iraq-Al Qaeda Relationship (washingtonpost.com)

Huh uh.

Palin ?regularly? said that ?that Saddam Hussein had been behind 9/11.? Video

Misperceptions, the Media and the Iraq War - World Public Opinion

An in-depth analysis of a series of polls conducted June through September found 48% incorrectly believed that evidence of links between Iraq and al Qaeda have been found, 22% that weapons of mass destruction have been found in Iraq, and 25% that world public opinion favored the US going to war with Iraq. Overall 60% had at least one of these three misperceptions.

Such misperceptions are highly related to support for the war. Among those with none of the misperceptions listed above, only 23% support the war. Among those with one of these misperceptions, 53% support the war, rising to 78% for those who have two of the misperceptions, and to 86% for those with all 3 misperceptions. Steven Kull, director of PIPA, comments, "While we cannot assert that these misperceptions created the support for going to war with Iraq, it does appear likely that support for the war would be substantially lower if fewer members of the public had these misperceptions."

PERRspectives: Bush on Iraq: That Was Then, This Is Now

☭proletarian☭;1945227 said:

President Bush yesterday defended his assertions that there was a relationship between Saddam Hussein's Iraq and Osama bin Laden's al Qaeda, putting him at odds with this week's finding of the bipartisan Sept. 11 commission.
adTAG.gif
administration;dir=administrationnode;dir=politics;dir=administration;page=article;kw=;ad=ss;ad=bb;ad=hp;pos=ad26;sz=300x250;tile=20;abr=!ie;ord=1087614454960
administration;dir=administrationnode;dir=politics;dir=administration;page=article;kw=;ad=ss;ad=bb;ad=hp;pos=ad27;sz=160x600;tile=20;abr=!ie;ord=1087614454960
administration;dir=administrationnode;dir=politics;dir=administration;page=article;kw=;ad=ss;ad=bb;ad=hp;pos=ad24;sz=336x850;tile=20;abr=!ie;ord=1087614454960
"The reason I keep insisting that there was a relationship between Iraq and Saddam and al Qaeda: because there was a relationship between Iraq and al Qaeda," Bush said after a Cabinet meeting. As evidence, he cited Iraqi intelligence officers' meeting with bin Laden in Sudan. "There's numerous contacts between the two," Bush said.
Bush Defends Assertions of Iraq-Al Qaeda Relationship (washingtonpost.com)

There were links between Saddam and Al Queda, there was NO evidence ever that Saddam had anything to do with 9/11 and Bush never claimed he did. Try again.

How quickly an anecdote about liberal stupidity morphs into yet another circle-jerk of condemnation toward a former president. :rofl:

Condoleezza Rice

February 5, 2003
“There is no question in my mind about the al-Qaeda connection. It is a connection that has unfolded, that we’re learning more about as we are able to take the testimony of detainees, people who were high up in the al-Qaeda organization. And what emerges is a picture of a Saddam Hussein who became impressed with what al-Qaeda did after it bombed our embassies in 1998 in Kenya and Tanzania, began to give them assistance in chemical and biological weapons, something that they were having trouble achieving on their own, that harbored a terrorist network under this man Zarqawi, despite the fact that Saddam Hussein was told that Zarqawi was there.” [CNN, 2/5/2003; US House Committee on Government Reform, 3/16/2004]

Associated Events
•Complete 911 Timeline - February 5, 2003 - When asked on Larry King Li ...
February 16, 2003
“Well, we are, of course, continually learning more about these links between Iraq and al-Qaeda, and there is evidence that Secretary Powell did not have the time to talk about. But the core of the story is there in what Secretary Powell talked about. This poisons network with at least two dozen of its operatives operating in Baghdad, a man who is spreading poisons now throughout Europe and into Russia, a man who got medical care in Baghdad despite the fact that the Iraqis were asked to turn him over, training in biological and chemical weapons.” [Fox News Sunday, 2/16/2003; US House Committee on Government Reform, 3/16/2004]

Last edited:
i find it more than somewhat amusing that in a thread entitled "how's this for liberal stupidity?", spoofmatters does the majority of the posting.

a liberal helping of stupid in a thread on liberal stupidity.

thanks, spoof, and yes, AQ did carry out 911.

nice job picking up on that overlooked fact.
:thup:

i find it more than somewhat amusing that in a thread entitled "how's this for liberal stupidity?", spoofmatters does the majority of the posting.

a liberal helping of stupid in a thread on liberal stupidity.

thanks, spoof, and yes, AQ did carry out 911.

nice job picking up on that overlooked fact.
:thup:
shes done a good job of proving the OP correct, hasnt she?

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Forum List

Back