Zoo Animals Can Catch Covid?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I guess you learn something new every day. I wonder how they know that it's Covid though. I mean I know they tested positive, but wouldn't it be different in animals than in people?

I guess you learn something new every day. I wonder how they know that it's Covid though. I mean I know they tested positive, but wouldn't it be different in animals than in people?

From animals..to humans...back to animals (mutate)..back to humans (mutate)...
This is how a lot of viruses evolve. My guess is that the testing is somewhat similar.

---Kitten Dies After Catching Covid ---

---Dog Dead from 'Acute Illness' Tests Positive for COVID-19---

---Kitten Dies After Catching Covid ---

---Dog Dead from 'Acute Illness' Tests Positive for COVID-19---

I guess I shouldn't have been all that surprised then as I heard about domesticated animals catching it, I just didn't know that wild animals could. I wonder if vaccinations for them will be available soon.

Does that mean there won't be any elephants, as they will turn down the vaccine, as a plot or hoax?

No, just the monkeys and apes. :p

Really? Which ones?
No trip to zoo would be complete without elephants, monkeys and apes. I also like the beautiful rare birds in the aviary. Bats, not so much. I heard they're the ones that brought it to the zoo population in the first place. ;)

And we can expect more viruses to jump from wildlife to humans, as we encroach on their habitats more and more each year.

Does that mean there won't be any elephants, as they will turn down the vaccine, as a plot or hoax?
The only thing that I can say it good luck to anyone with enough guts to give them lions the needle. Right then is when it will then be about two lives coming to an end, the person holding the needle and the lion, if the lion actually succumbs because it isn't vaccinated.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Many animals can get covid and spread it to each other. I think both cats and dogs can carry it.

I'm not sure if I would want to be the zookeeper in charge of shoving a Q-tip up the lion's nose. Although I guess one of the black guys on stuff can be assigned that duty. They are more used to lions due to their African heritage.

All dangerous animals are tranquilized before veterinarian care is administered I would imagine, but it's probably dangerous for the animal with respiratory illness just like it is for humans when succumb to the ventilator while they are also in respiratory distress.

No trip to zoo would be complete without elephants, monkeys and apes. I also like the beautiful rare birds in the aviary. Bats, not so much. I heard they're the ones that brought it to the zoo population in the first place. ;)

Surprisingly enough I'm going to be taking a trip to my own home zoo pretty soon. I still don't know how the animals can get it though. At least from humans because of the glass. They must only transmit it from each other, unless they get it from their zookeepers.

Who knew an animal could contract a zoonotic virus? :dunno:

Surprisingly enough I'm going to be taking a trip to my own home zoo pretty soon. I still don't know how the animals can get it though. At least from humans because of the glass. They must only transmit it from each other, unless they get it from their zookeepers.
It’s ok not to post some thoughts. Better to keep them in your head.

The point should be that no one has seen a recent report from communist China about testing for the rest of SARS-CoV-2 that is still at large in nature, though the opportunists are not wasting time to corner the market on vaccination of incarcerated animals, and it also links to Fau Chi’s HIV-1 knowledge: Cameroon gorillas infected with HIV-1.

Having already been authorized to receive Zoetis (previously Pfizer-owned) vaccine, the USDA and the Georgia State Veterinarian has authorized Zoetis vaccine for the Atlanta Zoo.

17 Sep 2021 Atlanta Zoo Gorillas

On other threads, we are analyzing the chron that links Zoetis investments to the discovery of SARS-CoV-2’s closest relative, circa 2012-13.

Zoetis
’....activist investor Bill Ackman....’

That's wonderful! When will they start grooming them to be butt shaggers and puppy molesters?

Forum List

Back