. I think AR are a great self defense weapon

Almost every gun death comes from pistols

I heard AR stands for "Anti Riot"?

Is that true?
Army21Infantry3BMosulIraq11320054.jpg

4 times as many die from knives than long guns

Why would the unorganized militia need an "assault" rifle?

Not an "assault" rifle. It's a defense rifle, a sporting rifle, or a hunting rifle. It doesn't have the capability to fire in a full-automatic mode like a machine gun, and it's in a small caliber so it doesn't punch through armored vehicles very well.

The 5.56mm or .223 caliber it's chambered for was basically designed to hunt woodchucks, groundhogs, and other varmints. The reason it was adopted by the military was because it was light, easy to operate, and you could carry more 5.56mm ammunition than you could 30-06 or 7.62x51.

You do understand that "assault" is a verb.

I have a single shot 30/30 over there. If I murder you with it...it is and assault rifle. If I hunt a feral hog with it, it is a hunting rifle, and if I use it to protect my family from Antifa rioters it is a defensive rifle.

It's MY action that determines the type of rifle I have...not your stupid ass attempts to steer a narrative.

Some folks say military rifles are "assault" rifles...but I was in the Army during the Cold War...I was not Combat Arms (infantry, artillery, armor, combat engineers, etc)

My rifle was for defense...the enemy would have to come to me...I wasn't out looking for them. They would have to attack...and I would defend. So I'm not sure that's a valid definition either.

Pistols are the only danger I see

Almost nobody in the USA is dying from any long guns

There is no reason why anyone needs an assault rifle. Look at all of these thugs who bring them to political rallies. We don't need them in America's neighborhoods, statehouses, etc. Seeing pictures of people like the trash brothers in Michigan who have been arrested in the kidnap plot against Gov. Whitmer made me think about who protects us from them. Do we put our cops in danger? Who is to be tasked with taking the guns away from people like them? When we have nuts running around committing mass murders, trying to kidnap a sitting governor to try her for "treason," maintaining that people who hold guns on others are acting in "self defense" when they shoot the person trying to grab the gun away, this demonstrates that we have too many crazy people in this society to allow these types of weapons.

It is totally ridiculous to allow anyone into a state capitol building with a firearm.

AR is not assault weapon , it’s a normal riffle
It has small bullets
So what. I'm not that familiar with guns over a 22. a pistol, and a shotgun. But what are they doing in a statehouse and on the street? Who will protect the people from these nuts? Are the cops supposed to take the bullets for us? U.S. Marshalls? The National Guard?

At lease some of these vermin are now behind bars.

4 times as many die from knives than long guns

Not an "assault" rifle. It's a defense rifle, a sporting rifle, or a hunting rifle. It doesn't have the capability to fire in a full-automatic mode like a machine gun, and it's in a small caliber so it doesn't punch through armored vehicles very well.

The 5.56mm or .223 caliber it's chambered for was basically designed to hunt woodchucks, groundhogs, and other varmints. The reason it was adopted by the military was because it was light, easy to operate, and you could carry more 5.56mm ammunition than you could 30-06 or 7.62x51.
The unorganized militia does not need high capacity magazine rifles.

I have a single shot 30/30 over there. If I murder you with it...it is and assault rifle. If I hunt a feral hog with it, it is a hunting rifle, and if I use it to protect my family from Antifa rioters it is a defensive rifle.

It's MY action that determines the type of rifle I have...not your stupid ass attempts to steer a narrative.

Some folks say military rifles are "assault" rifles...but I was in the Army during the Cold War...I was not Combat Arms (infantry, artillery, armor, combat engineers, etc)

My rifle was for defense...the enemy would have to come to me...I wasn't out looking for them. They would have to attack...and I would defend. So I'm not sure that's a valid definition either.
No need for high capacity magazines for the unorganized militia.

Most auto-loading handguns take high capacity magazines. Run on that.

Since you're just a young buck...let me remind you...Democrats controlled the House of Representatives from 1955 to 1995. They lost control after they and Clinton passed the ban on Modern Sporting Rifles (mistakenly referred to as Assault Weapons) and high capacity magazines.

So tell Nancy to pass it now...today.

Most auto-loading handguns take high capacity magazines. Run on that.

Since you're just a young buck...let me remind you...Democrats controlled the House of Representatives from 1955 to 1995. They lost control after they and Clinton passed the ban on Modern Sporting Rifles (mistakenly referred to as Assault Weapons) and high capacity magazines.

So tell Nancy to pass it now...today.

A hand gun is not the same as a long gun. Defense of self and property can be done with a handgun even with a high capacity magazine. How about laws that are stricter for criminal behavior involving high capacity magazines?

Forum List

Back