yule log hints and ideas?

o that does sound good....and who doesnt like black forest anything

mascarpone sounds great and i have seen it in chocolate....with candied cherries why do yall not like the mushrooms?

If I wanted to incorporate fruit, I would probably make a sauce out of it or something, rather than put it inside the cake. Personally, I am not a fan of dried up fruit in my cakes. :D

If I wanted to incorporate fruit, I would probably make a sauce out of it or something, rather than put it inside the cake. Personally, I am not a fan of dried up fruit in my cakes. :D

I agree, fresh in or on top, but not dried. You want the fruit to add some moistness... and taste fresh

I agree, fresh in or on top, but not dried. You want the fruit to add some moistness... and taste fresh

Most cake recipes are going to call for dried as opposed to fresh fruit because fresh fruits contain a lot of water and will change the consistency of the cake.

634-festive_desserts-yule_log_480.jpg

Meringue mushrooms are cute. It's good enough for Martha Stewart!

o that does sound good....and who doesnt like black forest anything

mascarpone sounds great and i have seen it in chocolate....with candied cherries why do yall not like the mushrooms?

I don't know anything about mushrooms on a log cake! :)

Did quickly check out recipes for Black Forest log though - and they do exist. None called for mascarpone or kirsch - so it'd have to be experimented with first, I guess.

Pies are my specialty - don't do cakes or cookies well.

ps - didn't call for candies cherries either - canned, unsweetened cherries layered on top of the filling. I don't know, I think I'd go with the candied.

I hope you let us know what you decide and how it turns out.

Raspberries go great with chocolate - so do oranges - if the cherries won't work. I think there are extracts available in both flavors.

Forum List

Back