YUGE WINNING! Obama's Un-American Mandate Repealed...

Oh please. Do you really think Walmart pays any different than Target, K-Mart, Burger King, your local car wash? Talk about playing on somebody's stupidity.

No, they are all equally guilty. WalMart and McDonald's get the most attention because they are the biggest and richest.

Walmart became the liberal poster child because they are such a huge non-union employer. But what your puppet masters didn't tell you is that the managers and assistant managers at Walmart do pretty well.

So what? They are only a small fraction of the employees.

It causes inflation and huge cost of living increases. Thanks for playing.

But that's not true, either. Every time the MW has gone up, there has not been a spike in inflation. Inflation goes up whether the MW does or not, and that's the problem.

Please go back and see my point about the MW vs. tuition at UIC. Where I could pay off my tuition at MW working 10 hours a week in 1983, but a kid today would have to work 40 hours a week and still not make it.

Cleveland is no different than any other shithole run by Democrats. The city is not the problem--the people are.

Um, no, it's a lot worse. Do you know what really struck me about your downtown? The fact that most of the office buildings were circa 1940-50 and were not well maintained. The only new buildings were - wait for it - the ones owned by the banks, like parasites living off a dying organism.

Now you look at downtown Chicago, absolutely gorgeous, our old buildings are well maintained and architecture textbook nice, and we have some of the tallest buildings in the world (including one owned by Trump) on our skyline.

Cleveland is a dump because big corporations used it and threw it away, kind of like Detroit, Milwaukee, Cincinnati, Pittsburg. But you keep praising your abuser like a wife with two black eyes.

First off your link is to a nyt's article and they are
not objective, they are nothing more than a wing
of the democratic party.

They are a rag not worthy of a bird cage....

You mean they use big words you don't understand. Got it.

I'm no insurance expert by any means, but I don't
buy the fact that you wouldn't have any recourse with
an out of state insurer.

They'd have less recourse, that's the problem.

But if you had someone read the big words to you in the NYT article, you'd have found some states have already allowed out of state vendors to come in... and found no takers.

Why?

Because establishing yourself in a state doesn't mean just selling. It means building up networks of providers who will take your insurance. That means hiring employees to be in that state, talk to practices and doctors.

First off your link is to a nyt's article and they are
not objective, they are nothing more than a wing
of the democratic party.

They are a rag not worthy of a bird cage....

You mean they use big words you don't understand. Got it.

I'm no insurance expert by any means, but I don't
buy the fact that you wouldn't have any recourse with
an out of state insurer.

They'd have less recourse, that's the problem.

But if you had someone read the big words to you in the NYT article, you'd have found some states have already allowed out of state vendors to come in... and found no takers.

Why?

Because establishing yourself in a state doesn't mean just selling. It means building up networks of providers who will take your insurance. That means hiring employees to be in that state, talk to practices and doctors.

The nyt's is full of shit just like you....

Finally a US Congressional achievement i can celebrate. The Mandate is gone. It should have never been allowed to happen. So i have to congratulate and thank the GOP and President Trump bigtime. They ended the Mandate and got some Tax Reform done. A Yuge accomplishment. :clap::clap:

Senate GOP repeals ObamaCare Mandate

Senate Republicans have approved the repeal of ObamaCare’s individual mandate as part of their tax-cut bill, a major step toward ending an unpopular part of the health-care law.

“Families ought to be able to make decisions about what they want to buy and what works for them — not the government,” Sen. John Barrasso (R-Wyo.) said, hailing the accomplishment.

The Senate tax bill must still be reconciled with House legislation that does not include the mandate’s repeal. But that is unlikely to be a major issue, given support in the GOP conference for repealing the mandate.

Repealing the mandate also saves $300 billion over ten years...

Senate GOP repeals ObamaCare mandate
DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Not yet, dingus...

So what? They are only a small fraction of the employees.

You don't know WTF you're talking about

More Than One Million Walmart U.S. Associates Receive Raises as Part of Largest Single-Day Pay Increase in the History of Corporate America

But that's not true, either. Every time the MW has gone up, there has not been a spike in inflation. Inflation goes up whether the MW does or not, and that's the problem.

Please go back and see my point about the MW vs. tuition at UIC. Where I could pay off my tuition at MW working 10 hours a week in 1983, but a kid today would have to work 40 hours a week and still not make it.

So what does that tell me besides college costs have gone considerably high? It has nothing to do with minimum wage.

Um, no, it's a lot worse. Do you know what really struck me about your downtown? The fact that most of the office buildings were circa 1940-50 and were not well maintained. The only new buildings were - wait for it - the ones owned by the banks, like parasites living off a dying organism.

Now you look at downtown Chicago, absolutely gorgeous, our old buildings are well maintained and architecture textbook nice, and we have some of the tallest buildings in the world (including one owned by Trump) on our skyline.

Cleveland is a dump because big corporations used it and threw it away, kind of like Detroit, Milwaukee, Cincinnati, Pittsburg. But you keep praising your abuser like a wife with two black eyes.

Obviously you missed the R&R hall of fame, Science museum, our new stadiums and aquarium.

But do you see what happens when liberalism chases people who have money out of the city? It started years ago with the liberal idea of bussing. People who had money left the city, and the only ones who stayed were those with no money. So what do you suppose happens in a city of people that have no money?

Fair housing laws and HUD helped accelerate the problem too. When the government tries to force people to live with lowlifes, good people move away.

Finally a US Congressional achievement i can celebrate. The Mandate is gone. It should have never been allowed to happen. So i have to congratulate and thank the GOP and President Trump bigtime. They ended the Mandate and got some Tax Reform done. A Yuge accomplishment. :clap::clap:

Senate Republicans have approved the repeal of ObamaCare’s individual mandate as part of their tax-cut bill, a major step toward ending an unpopular part of the health-care law.

“Families ought to be able to make decisions about what they want to buy and what works for them — not the government,” Sen. John Barrasso (R-Wyo.) said, hailing the accomplishment.

The Senate tax bill must still be reconciled with House legislation that does not include the mandate’s repeal. But that is unlikely to be a major issue, given support in the GOP conference for repealing the mandate.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Yep, you can dance around knowing the rich just got richer and the US just got another nail in the coffin.

Oh Gawd, lay off the Democrat Fake News, kid. The sky ain't falling. Citizens just won't be fined and imprisoned for not having Health Insurance. The Mandate is as Un-American as it gets. It should have never happened.

Fake news? What fake news?

The rich get richer, it's that simple. The amount of taxes a rich person has to pay will drop because lots of Americans will be without healthcare.

Is that "American", to not give a stuff about other people?

Is it American to take other people's money to show you give a stuff about other people?

The problem is, a lot of this money has been taken from people in the first place.

It's like the thief complaining that he has to pay for something.

I don't recall anybody taking any money from me. What people are you talking about?

Yep, you can dance around knowing the rich just got richer and the US just got another nail in the coffin.

Oh Gawd, lay off the Democrat Fake News, kid. The sky ain't falling. Citizens just won't be fined and imprisoned for not having Health Insurance. The Mandate is as Un-American as it gets. It should have never happened.

The rich get richer, it's that simple. The amount of taxes a rich person has to pay will drop because lots of Americans will be without healthcare.

Is it American to take other people's money to show you give a stuff about other people?

The problem is, a lot of this money has been taken from people in the first place.

It's like the thief complaining that he has to pay for something.

I don't recall anybody taking any money from me. What people are you talking about?

I'm not surprised you don't recall this Ray.... with the blinkers on 'n' all.

So what does that tell me besides college costs have gone considerably high? It has nothing to do with minimum wage.

Yes, I realize that you are math challenged.

College costs went up. The minimum wage didn't.

Obviously you missed the R&R hall of fame, Science museum, our new stadiums and aquarium.

No, I was there to work. One of my colleges did go to the R&R HOF. it wasn't that impressive.

But do you see what happens when liberalism chases people who have money out of the city? It started years ago with the liberal idea of bussing. People who had money left the city, and the only ones who stayed were those with no money. So what do you suppose happens in a city of people that have no money?

But who chased them away. Were they really chased away by "bussing", or where they chased away by the fact all the factories closed down?

I mean, I know you'd be horrified at the thought of a black child getting as good an education as you get, but most people, not so much.

Great day for Freedom & Liberty. Thank you Republicans and President Trump. :thup:

Yes, thank you, Mr. Trump, whoops not reconciled with Congress yet not to mention it doesn't take effect until 2019 and ACA will still be the law of the land for 2018.

Why are cheering for more Government interference and control of your life? That's a very misguided and dangerous mentality. The Mandate should have never happened.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Seriously, the sky ain't falling kid. Folks just won't be fined and imprisoned for not having health insurance anymore. You really should rethink supporting such Government overreach interferences in your life. Supporting such Government control of your life is very misguided.

Seriously, the sky ain't falling kid. Folks just won't be fined and imprisoned for not having health insurance anymore. You really should rethink supporting such Government overreach interferences in your life. Supporting such Government control of your life is very misguided.

except no one was ever going to be imprisoned to start with.

again, those who don't buy insurance will just drive up the cost for those of us who do...

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

The problem is you're just fighting the partisan fight, which, while it isn't making the sky fall in, it's not exactly having a positive effect, is it? I mean, the US is falling apart. So American.

except no one was ever going to be imprisoned to start with.

again, those who don't buy insurance will just drive up the cost for those of us who do...

Try not paying the IRS. Doing prison time is very real possibility. Like i said, you all really should rethink supporting such Government overreach interferences in your lives. Supporting such Government oppression is very misguided.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

The problem is you're just fighting the partisan fight, which, while it isn't making the sky fall in, it's not exactly having a positive effect, is it? I mean, the US is falling apart. So American.

The Mandate wasn't a positive. It was an awful Big Government overreach. Fining and imprisoning Citizens for not having health insurance isn't the way to go. It saddens me that so many have supported it. It shows how easily people can become Sheeple, and march in lock-step with Big Government Authoritarians. Too many just don't think these things through. They behave like cattle instead.

Last edited:
Try not paying the IRS. Doing prison time is very real possibility. Like i said, you all really should rethink supporting such Government overreach interferences in your lives. Supporting such Government oppression is very misguided.

Oh, whatever... do you actually have a case where someone was put in jail for not buying insurance?

Thanks.

Look, here's the thing, the individual mandate was a Republican thing, as an alternative to the Public Option that Hillary proposed back in the 1990's. Can't get insurance, you go on the public option.

The GOP said, and romney implmented, the individual mandate as an alternative to a new government program.

Then the Black Guy Did It, and you guys got all upset about your own idea.

The Mandate wasn't a positive. It was an awful Big Government overreach. Fining and imprisoning Citizens for not having health insurance isn't the way to go. It saddens me that so many have supported it. It shows how easily people can become Sheeple, and march in lock-step with Big Government Authoritarians. Too many just don't think these things through. They behave like cattle instead.

Again, what's the alternative?

If you are going to tell insurance companies that they have to insure everyone who asks and you can't discriminate on the basis of pre-existing conditions, then you have to have everyone in the pool.

Or you can just go to a public option or single payer. But big insurance wouldn't want that, either, because they'd give up a lot of the control they have on the market.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®
How are Republicans going to pay for Obamacare?
Were dismantling it... because it failed... No reason to pay for it...
What happens to all the people who lose coverage?
You were supposed to provide them something better

Now you are throwing them to the wolves

No Citizen should be fined or imprisoned for not having Health Insurance. The Mandate was an awful Big Government overreach. It was truly Un-American.

Who has been imprisoned?

Great day for Freedom & Liberty. Thank you Republicans and President Trump. :thup:

Yes, thank you, Mr. Trump, whoops not reconciled with Congress yet not to mention it doesn't take effect until 2019 and ACA will still be the law of the land for 2018.

Why are cheering for more Government interference and control of your life? That's a very misguided and dangerous mentality. The Mandate should have never happened.

Was I cheering? You don't seem to understand, do you? Here, let me explain, without a completed bill to send tot he President nothing has been repealed. Now there I hope you grasped it now.

The nyt's is full of shit just like you....

Yes, that's the new conservative way. If you don't like reality, deny

reality.

That's a Hoot coming from a liberal..

Ever since the election you basket cases have been

howling at the moon and catching your hair on fire....

Think about that real hard and then you tell me who nuts are..........

Forum List

Back