Yuengling beer now available in Missouri...

"D. G. Yuengling & Son, established in 1829, is the oldest operating brewing company in the United States. In 2018, by volume of sales, it was the largest craft brewery, sixth largest overall brewery and largest wholly American-owned brewery in the United States"

... and Kansas and Oklahoma.

Never had it and looking forward to trying it.
Not

If ya like dark beer you will probably like it. I find it bitter. I will stick with bud and Busch.

You think their lager is dark?

It's a see through light amber color
Tastes bitter like a dark beer. My dad loved it while he was alive, recently past. My sister likes it. I just don't care for it. You may love it. I have been drinking Bud and Busch for several decades I just stick with that.

That's great beer, I love it! The weird thing is that they just can't keep up with demand, that's why it's not available everywhere. To my knowledge it is not available in Illinois, I have never seen or heard of it being on tap.

"D. G. Yuengling & Son, established in 1829, is the oldest operating brewing company in the United States. In 2018, by volume of sales, it was the largest craft brewery, sixth largest overall brewery and largest wholly American-owned brewery in the United States"

It is more of a representative of what lager beer actually is.
Before corporations watered it down, replaced the grain ingredients with cheaper corn and rice grains.
Sam Adams lager is closer

Not bad, but I prefer their Black & Tan. Their efforts in conjunction with Hershey is a pretty tasty Porter too...

iu
iu

Just a basic lager, not much different than Bud

Budweiser's grain bill is about 33% rice. Corporations use rice because it is way cheaper than barley, and it has almost no taste. The result is a watery, crisp low flavored beer.
Yuengling fell from craft brewing status when they started using corn grain because it is cheaper.
Corn flaked is used in tiny % by craft brewers to add a smooth texture and body. But when you use corn grain in significant %s - it can't be considered real craft beer anymore.

Like I say... Sam Adams Lager is better as far as large scale lagers go.

If I may be so bold...

I would like to recommend a very good brown ale... It's just about my favorite brew, but do to some moronic litigation by Moosehead (or so the legend says), I am unable to buy it east of somewhere. Any way, it's not available in South Carolina...

Moose Drool, from The Big Sky Brewing Company in Missoula, Montana...

iu

If I may be so bold...

I would like to recommend a very good brown ale... It's just about my favorite brew, but do to some moronic litigation by Moosehead (or so the legend says), I am unable to buy it east of somewhere. Any way, it's not available in South Carolina...

iu
Never seen it here...but I'll keep my eye out for it. Thanks.

If I may be so bold...

iu
Moose Drool is awesome. I have brewed a clone recipe of this very beer probably 20 times.

Copy of IMG_20160711_175228011.jpg

This one's my favorite. You can really taste the grain and the hops aren't overdone. Great drinking beer with food or just because you want a drink.

Forum List

Back