Cinnamon Rolls...

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
The Wife and I decided after out last try of canned cinnamon rolls sucked to try a homemade version.
These come from the Preppy Kitchen guy who I refer to as the Fag Kitchen guy.
We first followed his recipe to the letter and the dough failed to rise after 4 hours. He called for instant yeast which I didnt even know existed and I wish I still didnt know about it.
We remade the cinnamon rolls using the standard dry active yeast and they did exactly as expected.
They're the best cinnamon rolls I've ever tasted!!! If you can get past the fag lilt he speaks in I highly recommend them.

The Wife and I decided after out last try of canned cinnamon rolls sucked to try a homemade version.
These come from the Preppy Kitchen guy who I refer to as the Fag Kitchen guy.
We first followed his recipe to the letter and the dough failed to rise after 4 hours. He called for instant yeast which I didnt even know existed and I wish I still didnt know about it.
We remade the cinnamon rolls using the standard dry active yeast and they did exactly as expected.
They're the best cinnamon rolls I've ever tasted!!! If you can get past the fag lilt he speaks in I highly recommend them.

try some buttered cinnamon raisin bread toast
it tastes the same or better
and you don't have to make/bake it
cinimonrasin toast.JPG

I didn't watch the video, but I didn't know of a difference either. I always use Fleischmans dry active yeast for all such baking. So I looked up what the difference is and this site says dry active is larger particles and needs proofed in water first and may take like 15 minutes longer to rise than with instant yeast that is a finer grain, can be added directly to dry ingredients without proofing first and it rises faster.........so I don't think the yeast was the problem with your first try. My guess would be either the yeast was too old OR if you did proof it first, maybe your water was too hot or too cold.

BUT I call BS when they say dry active needs proofed in water or liquid first because I have always added it directly to the dry ingredients, then use hotter water/liquid to make the dough and it has rarely failed.

I didn't watch the video, but I didn't know of a difference either. I always use Fleischmans dry active yeast for all such baking. So I looked up what the difference is and this site says dry active is larger particles and needs proofed in water first and may take like 15 minutes longer to rise than with instant yeast that is a finer grain, can be added directly to dry ingredients without proofing first and it rises faster.........so I don't think the yeast was the problem with your first try. My guess would be either the yeast was too old OR if you did proof it first, maybe your water was too hot or too cold.

BUT I call BS when they say dry active needs proofed in water or liquid first because I have always added it directly to the dry ingredients, then use hotter water/liquid to make the dough and it has rarely failed.

All I know is the instant yeast didnt do shit.
When we went with the standard yeast it worked just fine like it always does.
When you heated the butter and the other ingredients to 110 and added the dry active yeast it worked as expected.
Perhaps you should have watched the video,you might have learned something.

When you heated the butter and the other ingredients to 110 and added the dry active yeast it worked as expected.

Now why in the heck would I want to watch or learn something from a fag???

I did go back and watch it........he did explain the differences in the yeasts

We purchased the yeast the same day and it was in date.
We followed his directions to the letter and it just didnt rise.
So we went with what we know works. We used dry active yeast and proofed it in the liquid that that went into the flour mixture and it worked perfectly.
Cant really say why it failed since I have zero experience with instant yeast.

Forum List

Back