You're welcome!

Founders Online: From John Adams to John Taylor, 17 December 1814.

There never was a Democracy Yet, that did not commit suicide. It is in vain to Say that Democracy is less vain, less proud, less selfish, less ambitious or less avaricious than Aristocracy or Monarchy. It is not true in Fact and no where appears in history. Those Passions are the same in all Men under all forms of Simple Government, and when unchecked, produce the same Effects of Fraud Violence and Cruelty. When clear Prospects are opened before Vanity, Pride, Avarice or Ambition, for their easy gratification, it is hard for the most considerate Phylosophers and the most conscientious Moralists to resist the temptation.

John Adams

That is called a vacation, not living.
hahaha…poor confused Libs don’t even know the definition of “LIVE”
546D9134-90C6-4BEE-AF0A-33916BF47375.jpeg

You seem to know more about me than I do…where do I reside 6 months per year?

according to your previous post it is in Cali, now off of sudden that has changed.

Who knows, next week you might tell us you live on Mars.

which is why the duopoly has done all in its power to divide the nation as much as possible to keep the people from ever uniting behind a 3rd party candidate again
Actually not, the people have divided the nation; the people are alone responsible for the good – or bad – government they get, not the duopoly.

Had the people followed the Framers’ original intent, this thread would be moot.

In general, perhaps.

Specifically, a vote for Nader in 2000 in Florida was a vote for Bush – assuming that Nader voters would have voted for Gore if Nader hadn’t been on the ballot.

Nader received 97,488 votes; Bush won by 537 votes – absent Nader, Gore clearly would have won.
Damn fellas….even C_Clayton_Jones is making you look foolish.
You may have hit rock-bottom.

dblack
Golfing Gator

In voting systems like we have in the Uk and the US that can be the case.

I have voted against the tories by voting for every progressive party available. Whichever one is most likely to keep the tories out.

We need PR to ensire that every vote counts. The main parties will not accept that.

America faces a stark choice next year. biden being less worse than trump. But his Gaza policy is problematic to say the least.

A multi party system would help.

Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. It didn't help us in Ontario, but it did federally.

The latest Trudeau ethics scandal cost him his Majority in the House of Commons. He was able to form a government by cutting a deal with the NDP, giving the coalition a majority of seats in the House.

In a prior elections, the Bloq Quebecois - a separtist party whose goal is secede from Confederation, formed the official opposition. They held no seats outside of Quebec. Oil rich Alberta had no Liberal MP's, no representation in the official oppossition, no representation in Cabinet. That didn't work so well.

Italy has annual elections and nobody ever gets a majority. Also Israel.

Forum List

Back