You're Paying for PS3's "Potential"

Redhots

Apr 9, 2006
http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=13073

Sony Chief Executive Sir Howard Stringer (right) has admitted that the company's expensive pricing strategy for the PlayStation 3 is risky, but he's extremely confident that consumers will flock to the next-gen system because of Blu-ray and the PS3's potential.

Ever since Sony revealed its high price dual-SKU approach for the PlayStation 3, the company has found itself on the defensive, trying to convince consumers that the PS3 will be worth their hard earned $500 or $600. Recently at a Tokyo news conference Sony CEO Sir Howard Stringer admitted that setting the price that high is indeed a gamble, but that in the end it's worth it for the consumer because the PS3 is "future-proof."

"The price of the PS3 is high," he acknowledged, "but you're paying for potential."

[snip]

==========================================================

I'll admit I was a skeptic from the begining, but now i'm not so sure.

Check this out!

Ps3%20grill.JPG

Seriously, $600? WTF?

I'll buy a 360 and a Wii for that kind of dough. The only thing that I owned a PS2 for was Final Fantasy and GTA, but GTA isn't going to be exclusive anymore and Wii is going to have Zelda.

Mr.Conley said:
Seriously, $600? WTF?

I'll buy a 360 and a Wii for that kind of dough. The only thing that I owned a PS2 for was Final Fantasy and GTA, but GTA isn't going to be exclusive anymore and Wii is going to have Zelda.
I have an extensive library for both systems so this will be a tough choice for
me. I don't know how long I can sit on the fence here.
I WANT NEW GAMES!!!

Probably a good console but way too expensive and bad timing considering what is going on in this world today.

Forum List

Back