You're on your own

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
This is the cop's advice on what to do while you're waiting for them to show up

[youtube]1AQ1WBb81BE#![/youtube]

Unfuckingbelievable

Maybe I'm missing something here, but what else are the cops supposed to be saying? I don't find their responses so unbelievable. In fact, you are on your own until the police arrive. That's a fact - a hard one, but a correct one.

The question is way too general to answer anyway. What do you do until the police arrive? I think that has an awful lot to do with what the intruder is doing. Is he holding you at gunpoint? Not too hard to figure out what to do in that case - stand there with your hands up. Is he mucking around in some other part of the house, as yet unaware that there is anyone home? Get the hell out, if you can; run to a neighbor's house and call the cops.

What should they say - pull out a gun and shoot the intruder? I'm sure all of our John Wayne conservatives here can't wait to hear that one. As for me - unless I am cornered, I'm going to try to get out of the house and then call the police from my cell or a neighbor's phone.

What's the uproar over what the cops are saying or not saying in this video? Maybe I'm just dense . . .

And to think there are actually idiots out there who think other people should give up their Freedom to own guns.

The cop is just being honest...cuz what he is saying is true.

Our government would rather hold us hostage to eensy beensy cuts in future spending than actually provide proper services. Not that the police will ever be in a position to protect one; they show up later to bag and tag.

And to think there are actually idiots out there who think other people should give up their Freedom to own guns.

Who said that?

What most people don't want is psychos carrying assault rifles into schools and movie theaters and inflicting mass casualties.

Most people are fine with reasonable weapon for home protection.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but what else are the cops supposed to be saying? I don't find their responses so unbelievable. In fact, you are on your own until the police arrive. That's a fact - a hard one, but a correct one.

The question is way too general to answer anyway. What do you do until the police arrive? I think that has an awful lot to do with what the intruder is doing. Is he holding you at gunpoint? Not too hard to figure out what to do in that case - stand there with your hands up. Is he mucking around in some other part of the house, as yet unaware that there is anyone home? Get the hell out, if you can; run to a neighbor's house and call the cops.

What should they say - pull out a gun and shoot the intruder? I'm sure all of our John Wayne conservatives here can't wait to hear that one. As for me - unless I am cornered, I'm going to try to get out of the house and then call the police from my cell or a neighbor's phone.

What's the uproar over what the cops are saying or not saying in this video? Maybe I'm just dense . . .

Yeah just yell for help for up to an hour before the cops show up.

The fucking cops should be telling people to get a gun and learn how to use it.

Exactly what is the point of this thread?

That people need to protect themselves and the cops "advice" is to lock yourself in the bathroom and yell for help while their swilling coffee and doughnuts.

We usually think alike, but I have to disagree with you on this one. One gun equals a lot of potential violence. Two guns equal at least twice that amount of potential violence. I don't think most cops would encourage homeowners to acquire and use guns in their home. That's pretty much what the video shows.

Last edited:

We usually think alike, but I have to disagree with you on this one. One gun equals a lot of potential violence. Two guns equal at least twice that amount of potential violence. I don't think most cops would encourage homeowners to acquire and use guns in their home. That's pretty much what the video shows.

I would think just the opposite.

A person that has the ability to protect himself is potentially one less dead civilian.

The point is not one of them would follow there own advice. They have a gun but did not say buy a gun and get some training. That's the point you fucking moron.

The cops would be incurring a great deal of liability with this advice. The advice you suggest is beyond the scope of LEO's duties. Further, should a citizen seek advice of this nature some research on their part would do a world of good. This did not make the cops look bad it made the idiot who asked the questions look like a fool.

The cops would be incurring a great deal of liability with this advice. The advice you suggest is beyond the scope of LEO's duties. Further, should a citizen seek advice of this nature some research on their part would do a world of good. This did not make the cops look bad it made the idiot who asked the questions look like a fool.

Absolutely. This is just another macho man "I'm a tough guy" thread. Fu-gedda-boud-it.

Forum List

Back