Your opinions please--discrimination

Really? Missed that. When what?

EDIT: on the other hand this isn't a whistleblower case.

Not long ago.... there were actually a couple of threads about it. And I know it isn't a whistleblower case, but anti-discrimination enforcement really doesn't exist right now except in the most blatent of cases.

Gotta love ya...hug hug...kiss kiss...hey and what is wrong with a innocent dance? Not like I asked ya to marry me...LOL I felt your pain and just asked for the 'Last Dance'..............:cool:

Ahhh, sweetie didn't mean to brush you off. I'll take that last dance.

I just want some other opinions here that don't come from family members or my husband. In other words completely unbiased. This happened to me at work.

I work at a hosp. as a PRN person another of our receptionists is also PRN. A part-time position came up and we both expressed interest in it. We've both worked for this hospital the same number of years (6).

My supervisor told me that the reason I wasn't being considered for the position is because I have young children and the other women does not. So therefor she is able to be more flexibile with her hours....I had already told them I could work any hours when we talked about my taking the position.

I think this is complete bull. Since the whole point of PRN is that I work when necessary and I've been doing this for a number of years with no complaints. They would like me to stay on as PRN since they "really like the way I work and don't want to loose me". PLEASE YOUR OPINIONS.

discrimination....but, leverage the comment and the comment about what a great job you are doing for more hours and a raise....they are now short staffed an need you....if the balk resign and nail em:thanks:

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.:laugh:

*although it could work....IF*

trust me...it will work if you spin it just write....thank you so much for considing me and thinking of my family and children and the impact this new position could have on them.....i wanted to also thank you for your compliment of my efforts and your desire to not have me leave the department.....now that we are short handed i am happy to put in more hors and pick up the slack of being short staffed....but of course i would expect that my compensation would be ajusted accordingly as i am now doing the work of two and the fact that i have been doing such a great job.....then just stare at them and do not say a word....if they say no resign on the spot.....

trust me...it will work if you spin it just write....thank you so much for considing me and thinking of my family and children and the impact this new position could have on them.....i wanted to also thank you for your compliment of my efforts and your desire to not have me leave the department.....now that we are short handed i am happy to put in more hors and pick up the slack of being short staffed....but of course i would expect that my compensation would be ajusted accordingly as i am now doing the work of two and the fact that i have been doing such a great job.....then just stare at them and do not say a word....if they say no resign on the spot.....

Yep, and Manu will send you your next pay check. :p:

Ya know guys, at this point, since it just happend yesterday, I really don't care to work for them again.

I am "technically" still on the books as a PRN person. I did contact the EEOC and left a message to see if I have a case or not. IF I don't than so be it, if I go great, they get a major slap on the wrist and maybe I get some compensation.

Either way I don't care to work for this hospital again. There are plenty of other Dr. offices in the area and other receptionist positions that I can apply for. Like I said I'm not worried about burning any bridges at this point.

They can go take a flying leap, as far as I'm conserned. I work in an employment at will state, so even if I did get my job back all they would have to say is good bye at a later date.

Ya know guys, at this point, since it just happend yesterday, I really don't care to work for them again.

I am "technically" still on the books as a PRN person. I did contact the EEOC and left a message to see if I have a case or not. IF I don't than so be it, if I go great, they get a major slap on the wrist and maybe I get some compensation.

Either way I don't care to work for this hospital again. There are plenty of other Dr. offices in the area and other receptionist positions that I can apply for. Like I said I'm not worried about burning any bridges at this point.

They can go take a flying leap, as far as I'm conserned. I work in an employment at will state, so even if I did get my job back all they would have to say is good bye at a later date.

Then hang on to doing what you can sleep with------integrity--priceless!

well if you are going to split then i would take the opportunity to practice what i suggested......one day it may be useful

so what did family and friends and hubby recomend

Forum List

Back