Your health is what you eat and drink - Prediabetic

i also do not eat nuts of any kind, whether it is peanuts, walnuts, or almonds. i heard a doctor on Coast To Coast AM with George Noory talk about how bad nuts are for our health.
I have to avoid nuts, beans and grains -- basically seeds. I am avoiding oxalic acid and all plants make oxalic acid, to varying gdegtees, but cashews especially are the worst!

Thank you for that information!
Avoidance of high oxalate foods is something people do when they are prone to kidney stones. Oxalic acid combines with calcium to create calcium oxalate crystals, which can form kidney stones. There are differing opinions on this as well.

Avoidance of high oxalate foods is something people do when they are prone to kidney stones. Oxalic acid combines with calcium to create calcium oxalate crystals, which can form kidney stones. There are differing opinions on this as well.
there is a rumor that the calcium from orange juice can create kidney stones. i'm not sure about that.

Dehydrating yourself to the point of collapse twice a week for years and years will lead to kidney stones years later as well.

Dehydrating yourself to the point of collapse twice a week for years and years will lead to kidney stones years later as well.
i agree! drinking lots of water helps with that and prevents constipation.

Last edited:
Fruit is better than candy, but the risk is diabetic people go crazy eating way too much fruit as a substitute. I see it all the time.
i do not think you can eat too much fruit. Fruit is one of the things Humans are supposed to be eating, according to Aliens.

i do not think you can eat too much fruit. Fruit is one of the things Humans are supposed to be eating, according to Aliens.
Too much of anything can kill you, no matter how “natural”.

Even water is toxic if too much is drunk too fast.

Too much of anything can kill you, no matter how “natural”.

Even water is toxic if too much is drunk too fast.
eating too much fruit is not going to kill you. i agree, drinking water too fast is not good but water is not toxic.

Why do we allow processed foods? Says something about my country. And something not good.
What it says is our government is corrupt. We have this massive federal bureaucracy and some of it is suppose to protect our food supply and our health. Instead they protect the big corporations that supply our food and health, so that enormous profits can be attained.

We live in a failed state run by psychopaths.

What it says is our government is corrupt. We have this massive federal bureaucracy and some of it is suppose to protect our food supply and our health. Instead they protect the big corporations that supply our food and health, so that enormous profits can be attained.

i agree!

eating too much fruit is not going to kill you. i agree, drinking water too fast is not good but water is not toxic.
It is if you drink too much of it too quick and mess up your electrolyte balance. Granted, your body will usually tell you to stop drinking before it gets to that point, but people can force themselves to keep drinking.

there was a radio contest where to win you had to drink the most water in the shortest amount of time. A local nurse called the radio station begging them to stop because she knew someone could die. The radio jockey basically replied with “that’s dumb humans are mostly water” and ignored her. Of course someone died.

It is if you drink too much of it too quick and mess up your electrolyte balance. Granted, your body will usually tell you to stop drinking before it gets to that point, but people can force themselves to keep drinking.

there was a radio contest where to win you had to drink the most water in the shortest amount of time. A local nurse called the radio station begging them to stop because she knew someone could die. The radio jockey basically replied with “that’s dumb humans are mostly water” and ignored her. Of course someone died.
i agree that drinking water too fast is dangerous.

I’ll agree that government and big business clearly are in Kahoots in many instances. I’m not naive.

But some things are just well known facts. Raw milk can be dangerous to drink which is why it’s been pasteurized for more than a hundred years. So is beer and fruit juice, for that matter.

Last edited:
I’ll agree that government and big business clearly are in Kahoolawe in many instances. I’m not naive.

But some things are just well known facts. Raw milk can be dangerous to drink which is why it’s been pasteurized for more than a hundred years. So is beer and fruit juice, for that matter.
Let's just agree to disagree. Happy Holidays! :)

I’ll agree that government and big business clearly are in Kahoolawe in many instances. I’m not naive.

Okay. The vast majority of Americans are eating shit every day that harms their health. Raw milk is a minor issue in comparison.

i agree that drinking water too fast is dangerous.
My point was that consuming anything can be dangerous if not done in moderation, including things like water of fruit.

If you really lowered your A1C as much as you say, you’re obviously doing well and controlling your diet well. But saying it’s okay to eat as much fruit as you want, especially as a diabetic, is potentially dangerous as fruit still contains sugar, which still raises your blood sugar levels, and if your body can’t produce the insulin to control it will still lead to hyperglycemia.

My point was that consuming anything can be dangerous if not done in moderation, including things like water of fruit.

If you really lowered your A1C as much as you say, you’re obviously doing well and controlling your diet well. But saying it’s okay to eat as much fruit as you want, especially as a diabetic, is potentially dangerous as fruit still contains sugar, which still raises your blood sugar levels, and if your body can’t produce the insulin to control it will still lead to hyperglycemia.
thank you for your concern for my health. i see your point from your side. happy holidays! :)

Forum List

Back