Your Extinction.

Prior to the Industrial Revolution, the Earth had been cooling for 5,000 years, apparently moving towards the glacial phase of our cycle.

When we started burning significant amounts of fossil fuels, temperatures began to rise and the increases in CO2 and temperatures have both accelerated since then.

What start date do you use for the Industrial Revolution?
The date it started. Obviously, the rate of GHG emissions was low at first, but locomotives and ships were productive polluters.
This graph shows warming beginning about 1800. The steam engine was invented in 1712.
APP_global_temperature_proxy_data_v5.png

The date it started. Obviously, the rate of GHG emissions was low at first, but locomotives and ships were productive polluters.
This graph shows warming beginning about 1800. The steam engine was invented in 1712.

The date it started.

What date?

This graph shows warming beginning about 1800.

And the Little Ice Age ended in 1850.

The date it started.

What date?

This graph shows warming beginning about 1800.

And the Little Ice Age ended in 1850.
What's your point Todd? Do you want to suggest that all the warming we've seen since then is just a rebound from the Little Ice Age?

What's your point Todd? Do you want to suggest that all the warming we've seen since then is just a rebound from the Little Ice Age?

When we started burning significant amounts of fossil fuels, temperatures began to rise and the increases in CO2 and temperatures have both accelerated since then.

When the Little Ice Age ended, temperatures began to rise and the increases in CO2 and temperatures have both accelerated since then.

All the warming, no.
Just as you can't show that all the warming we've seen since then is due to CO2.

When the Little Ice Age ended, temperatures began to rise and the increases in CO2 and temperatures have both accelerated since then.

All the warming, no.
Just as you can't show that all the warming we've seen since then is due to CO2.
We can certainly estimate the amount of warming that would be produced by the CO2 put into the atmosphere. But what do you mean by "show"?

We can certainly estimate the amount of warming that would be produced by the CO2 put into the atmosphere. But what do you mean by "show"?

We can certainly estimate the amount of warming that would be produced by the CO2 put into the atmosphere.

How?

But what do you mean by "show"?

Seems like you're saying all warming since the Industrial Revolution is us.

Can you show that?

We can certainly estimate the amount of warming that would be produced by the CO2 put into the atmosphere.

How?

But what do you mean by "show"?

Seems like you're saying all warming since the Industrial Revolution is us.

Can you show that?

I'm sorry, but I don't really SEE the Little Ice Age. But then "Global average temperatures show that the Little Ice Age was not a distinct planet-wide period but a regional phenomenon occurring near the end of a long temperature decline that preceded the recent global warming." - Wikipedia.

I don't see anything to rebound from. There had been 5,000 years of cooling that looks clearly to me to be the beginning of the downward slope to another one of those glacial/interglacial cycles that the ice core graphs show so well. See the last graph here.

proxy-based_temperature_reconstruction.png

800px-2000%2B_year_global_temperature_including_Medieval_Warm_Period_and_Little_Ice_Age_-_Ed_Hawkins.svg.png

ArcticTemperatureSeries-lg.jpg

Temperature-change-over-the-past-400-000-years-correlate-closely-with-variations-in.png

Where is the current time? It is at that red peak at the far right side of that graph. Look at all the prior peaks. They almost immediately dove for the trenches. I think we were definitely headed downward in temperature and there is absolutely no reason to think that without AGW temperatures would have moved upward from the end of the LIA. All the evidence I see says it would have continued downward. Perhaps AGW has saved us from another global glaciation.

I'm not sure what you're talking about.

The planet, in the past, has been warmer than today, correct?

If "reinforcing feedback loops" were a one-sided thing, this should be a
lifeless planet, as hot as Venus, right?

Between 2011 and 2013, China has used more cement than the U.S. did in the entire 20th century.

Doubtful. Link?

There is also speculation that all of that redistribution of mass could be causing the Earth's axis to shift.

Doubtful squared. Is it your speculation? LOL!

Yes, Earth used to be much hotter. I will show you a graph of it. You will notice that in more recent times Earth's temperature has been falling. Do you know what happens when temperature are lower? Methane can more easily accumulate. Either in frozen tundra or as methane hydrate ice on the sea floor. What happens when temperatures rise sharply as they are now? That methane gets released. Large quantities of it. At an ever faster rate. With methane being 86 times more potent of a greenhouse gas than CO2, what does that mean? A fast approaching DOOM!

Historical CO2-Global Temperatures.gif

Next, on those shows I watch where they brought up "reinforcing feedback loops," they were talking about what humans today were causing. What is happening today and in the circumstances in which they are happening is something that the Earth has never experienced in its history. We are in uncharted territory. But for those with the ability to see, it is easy to see where it is heading.

Next, why do you keep asking for links. If you don't believe it, look it up for yourself. Next, the thing about an anomaly observed about how the track of the axis is behaving is something I saw on some science show. I've never bothered to actually look it up for myself. You are just going to have to take that information for what it is. If you think it is wrong, look it up for yourself.

So tell me how large of a battery will we need to heat every single home with electricity for 12 hours a day

I gave you a link to something about the battery systems that are being built by Elon Musk. What more do you need. Also, I doubt if you would have to heat every single house. And even if you did, you would have to probably do it for 24 hours a day. Not 12.

They are using Wisconsin farmland for these panels. Right down the road from me.

That's what happens when you try to do something as cheaply as possible. If you did such a thing over roads or parking lots, you would need materials to build the racks that would hold them above the road or parking lot. If this was Asia, they could probably do it with treated bamboo. Over there they build plenty of scaffolding out of the stuff.

The AGW Cult are just drooling mindless Zombies parroting talking points

A cult? Cults are like religion. They are based on faith. But here is one fact that isn't based on faith. (Not that any if the facts I give are) Every year all the volcanoes on Earth release around 200 million tons of CO2 into the biosphere. Each year the activities of humans are responsible for the release of around 32.3 BILLION tons of CO2.

I'm sorry, but I don't really SEE the Little Ice Age. But then "Global average temperatures show that the Little Ice Age was not a distinct planet-wide period but a regional phenomenon occurring near the end of a long temperature decline that preceded the recent global warming." - Wikipedia.

I don't see anything to rebound from. There had been 5,000 years of cooling that looks clearly to me to be the beginning of the downward slope to another one of those glacial/interglacial cycles that the ice core graphs show so well. See the last graph here.

800px-2000%2B_year_global_temperature_including_Medieval_Warm_Period_and_Little_Ice_Age_-_Ed_Hawkins.svg.png

Temperature-change-over-the-past-400-000-years-correlate-closely-with-variations-in.png

Where is the current time? It is at that red peak at the far right side of that graph. Look at all the prior peaks. They almost immediately dove for the trenches. I think we were definitely headed downward in temperature and there is absolutely no reason to think that without AGW temperatures would have moved upward from the end of the LIA. All the evidence I see says it would have continued downward. Perhaps AGW has saved us from another global glaciation.

Isn't it interesting how steadfast the human caused global warming deniers are? Maybe the truth is just too horrible for them to accept. Or maybe they are getting paid by polluters. Though maybe they make money from causing pollution themselves. Also, from what I have seen when I bring up topics that go against what people are brainwashed to believe, it isn't so much that the brainwashing has caused them to believe lies. I suspect it may be worse than that. It could very well be that the brainwashing has rendered them INCAPABLE of understanding the truth.

I'm sorry, but I don't really SEE the Little Ice Age.

Was Michael Mann in the area?

I don't see anything to rebound from.

It was your chart, post #641.

From 1300-1850, looks like a decline of as much as 2.0 degrees.

Last edited:
Yes, Earth used to be much hotter. I will show you a graph of it. You will notice that in more recent times Earth's temperature has been falling. Do you know what happens when temperature are lower? Methane can more easily accumulate. Either in frozen tundra or as methane hydrate ice on the sea floor. What happens when temperatures rise sharply as they are now? That methane gets released. Large quantities of it. At an ever faster rate. With methane being 86 times more potent of a greenhouse gas than CO2, what does that mean? A fast approaching DOOM!

View attachment 775907

Next, on those shows I watch where they brought up "reinforcing feedback loops," they were talking about what humans today were causing. What is happening today and in the circumstances in which they are happening is something that the Earth has never experienced in its history. We are in uncharted territory. But for those with the ability to see, it is easy to see where it is heading.

Next, why do you keep asking for links. If you don't believe it, look it up for yourself. Next, the thing about an anomaly observed about how the track of the axis is behaving is something I saw on some science show. I've never bothered to actually look it up for myself. You are just going to have to take that information for what it is. If you think it is wrong, look it up for yourself.

Yes, Earth used to be much hotter.

And life wasn't wiped out?

With methane being 86 times more potent of a greenhouse gas than CO2, what does that mean? A fast approaching DOOM!

We weren't doomed when it was hotter?

Next, why do you keep asking for links.

You make crazy claims that I've never seen anywhere, where are you getting them from?

If you don't believe it, look it up for yourself.

I've looked up your crazy claims, no luck.
If you don't have any links either, we may have stumbled upon the answer.

I saw on some science show. I've never bothered to actually look it up for myself. You are just going to have to take that information for what it is.

I'm taking it as your crazy, unsourced claim.

Yes, Earth used to be much hotter.

And life wasn't wiped out?

With methane being 86 times more potent of a greenhouse gas than CO2, what does that mean? A fast approaching DOOM!

We weren't doomed when it was hotter?

Next, why do you keep asking for links.

You make crazy claims that I've never seen anywhere, where are you getting them from?

If you don't believe it, look it up for yourself.

I've looked up your crazy claims, no luck.
If you don't have any links either, we may have stumbled upon the answer.

I saw on some science show. I've never bothered to actually look it up for myself. You are just going to have to take that information for what it is.

I'm taking it as your crazy, unsourced claim.

1. As I said and you ignored, what is going on right now has never happened in the history of the Earth.

2. With the earth being hotter, it would be much more difficult to get methane to accumulate. Such as in frozen tundra or in methane hydrate ice on the sea floor.

3 and 4. I've found the links. It's easy to do. So you must be bullshitting when you say you can't find them.

5. I am positive I could find a link about the anomaly observed about the track of true north axis. And speculations about what is causing it. After all, I doubt if they were bullshitting on the science show where they brought it up. But somehow, if you yourself looked for it, you wouldn't be able to find it. Right?

That's what happens when you try to do something as cheaply as possible. If you did such a thing over roads or parking lots, you would need materials to build the racks that would hold them above the road or parking lot. If this was Asia, they could probably do it with treated bamboo. Over there they build plenty of scaffolding out of the stuff.
1.730 solar farm going up right down the road from me. Was in todays paper.

1. As I said and you ignored, what is going on right now has never happened in the history of the Earth.

2. With the earth being hotter, it would be much more difficult to get methane to accumulate. Such as in frozen tundra or in methane hydrate ice on the sea floor.

3 and 4. I've found the links. It's easy to do. So you must be bullshitting when you say you can't find them.

5. I am positive I could find a link about the anomaly observed about the track of true north axis. And speculations about what is causing it. After all, I doubt if they were bullshitting on the science show where they brought it up. But somehow, if you yourself looked for it, you wouldn't be able to find it. Right?

As I said and you ignored, what is going on right now has never happened in the history of the Earth.

You said it was hotter in the past. We know there was more CO2 in the past.
Maybe you meant to say "has happened many times in the past" instead of "never happened"?

With the earth being hotter, it would be much more difficult to get methane to accumulate.

It was hotter. All the permafrost melted. The methane clathrates released.
Why didn't it get so hot that everything died?

3 and 4. I've found the links. It's easy to do.

Post them. It's easy to do.

I gave you a link to something about the battery systems that are being built by Elon Musk. What more do you need. Also, I doubt if you would have to heat every single house. And even if you did, you would have to probably do it for 24 hours a day. Not 12.

You did not answer the question. And the 12 hours is the part of the day the sun is not shining. You couldn't figure that out?

A cult? Cults are like religion. They are based on faith. But here is one fact that isn't based on faith. (Not that any if the facts I give are) Every year all the volcanoes on Earth release around 200 million tons of CO2 into the biosphere. Each year the activities of humans are responsible for the release of around 32.3 BILLION tons of CO2.

Sorry, they why do you have to BELIEVE that CO2 raises temperature at these low, low, low, low levels?

Is 32 Beeeeelllllllion supposed to be a big and scary number? What's the weight of Earth's atmosphere? Any guesses?

5.5 Quadrillion tons

Last edited:

Forum List

Back