Your Extinction.

Would you be happy if I lived in a cave and had no computer?

Here's where you might be uncomprehending my point. I don't give a fetid dingo's kidney what you do with your life. Buy what you want, drive what you want, do drugs, don't do drugs, worship a deity, or don't ... not a single one of your life's decisions has any sort of meaning for me.

I would, however, be mildly gratified if you extended that same courtesy to everyone else.

A meltdown or two is trivial compared to the entire world melting.

I'm fairly certain the world won't melt in the next 25 years. Even if we don't all start driving golf carts and eating recycled insects.

I'm so sure, in fact, that I will continue to drive my very nice SUV to the store and eat steak whenever the mood strikes me.

And I will do so without the least feeling of guilt or remorse.

If it were really a problem, why didn't we change over to nuclear energy? A meltdown or two is trivial compared to the entire world melting.

Why isn't the entire world clamoring for nuclear energy?

Nuclear energy is a farce. I commented on a thread that said "power the U.S. with solar panels." You should check it out.

Here's where you might be uncomprehending my point. I don't give a fetid dingo's kidney what you do with your life. Buy what you want, drive what you want, do drugs, don't do drugs, worship a deity, or don't ... not a single one of your life's decisions has any sort of meaning for me.

I would, however, be mildly gratified if you extended that same courtesy to everyone else.

To hell with that. I'm taking over. You will all live as I tell you how to live. Or tell me why you think it is a bad idea. I will crush your arguments.

power the U.S. with solar panels.

The thing about nuclear power, LNG, or even coal is ... it doesn't care about the weather, or what time of day it is.

main-qimg-1f3d638229c6c05b410e91c298adf2f3-lq.jpeg

Elsewhere, I have been seeing some crap about global warming. Global warming is a reality. And it is being caused by humans. It's hard to tell if those who deny it are stupid or evil. I have even heard the CEO of EXXON admit that global warming was a reality. Even the Pentagon recognizes it as a threat. And you would have to be pretty stupid or evil to go against what around 98% of the scientists say.

Also, CO2 has been measured to be on the increase since the beginning of the industrial revolution. Coincidence? I don't think so. Another point is that all the volcanoes on Earth release around 200 million tons of CO2 into the biosphere each year. The activities of humans are responsible for around 32.3 BILLION tons of CO2 each year. Also, global warming is getting exponentially worse. Which means that the hotter things get, the faster they will get even hotter.

What all this means is that if you are planning on living past about the year 2050, make other plans. The chief cause of your fast approaching extinction isn't CO2. (Which is bad enough) It is methane. Methane is around 86 times more potent of a greenhouse gas than CO2. And like CO2, the rate at which it is being released is also increasing. I will show you a graph showing the rate at which it is increasing. Incredibly, despite all the evaporating methane hydrate ice in the oceans or that being released from thawing tundra, about 60% of what is shown is being caused by human activities. I will also show you what other CO2 graphs that I have. For the deniers, continue to deny at your own peril.

View attachment 765482
View attachment 765483
View attachment 765484
View attachment 765488
View attachment 765490
View attachment 765492
View attachment 765493
View attachment 765494
View attachment 765495

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Perfect example of a one-dimensional post.

The thing about nuclear power, LNG, or even coal is ... it doesn't care about the weather, or what time of day it is.

View attachment 765821

If you have enough solar panels, none of what you mentioned would matter either. This thread started out showing a picture of the entire area compared to the U.S. that it would take to power the U.S. Day and night. It is an area about 140 miles per side. Elon Musk thinks it could be done with a total area that is 100 miles per side. He has built an extremely large storage battery array in Australia. He knows a thing or two on the subject.

Nuclear energy is a farce? Why?

How many reasons would you like. Chernobyl and Fukushima are two reasons. Also, it probably takes a lot of energy just to mine and refine uranium ore. Along the way, it probably creates radioactive waste. As for the waste that comes from nuclear power plants, it is a bad idea to have waste around that will remain dangerous for longer than humans have even existed. There is also a documentary out there that will enlighten you. If you can find it, watch it. It is called, "Waste: A nuclear nightmare."

If you have enough solar panels, none of what you mentioned would matter either.

I'm not sure if you've ever looked at a map of the US but, when it is night in California, it is also night in New York.

As for Mr. Musk's "giant battery farm" in South Australia (a state will a population less 2 million), that battery farm provides back up power to a grid that supplies fewer than 3,000 homes and that power for only 30 minutes.

It doesn't matter what other countries do. WE need to change. The rest of the world can do what it is doing. Fucking off and dying. At least we can say we did something. Also, I know what to do about a lot of the pollution coming from places like China, India, mexico, etc. STOP HAVING THEM MAKE THE PRODUCTS WE USE! It would also help reduce the child labor that goes on in those countries. Americans can have more meaningful employment than flipping each other's burgers and becoming fatter as a country. It would help eliminate all the energy that is required, and the pollution caused by, shipping things from other countries. The U.S. wouldn't be going hundreds of billions deeper into debt each year from the trade imbalance with those countries.

We already have done something. We have reduced CO2 and pollution. If you were to read the data you will see That what China is doing now AND these other countries, that C0 2 would still continue to rise. Even if we were net Zero in the U.S.

So how much pressure have you seen Biden put on China if global warming is so important? I'm going to say hardly any at all.... but politicians have no trouble whatsoever putting pressure on their own population.

So ... you're only a slaver when you find it convenient to be?

How noble and magnanimous of you. You truly are a better human being than the rest of us.

We are not fit to touch the hem of your garment.

Also a colonizer

Biden and the WEF will end civilization long before manmade global climate warming change

What will happen is going on right now. it will just get exponentially worse. You should check out my thread "Human Pollution."

What will happen is going on right now.

What is going on right now that will end us by 2050? Be specific.

it will just get exponentially worse.

Oh no!! What is exponentially worse than "meh"?

You should check out my thread "Human Pollution."

Is that thread as stupid as your other threads?

I'm not sure if you've ever looked at a map of the US but, when it is night in California, it is also night in New York.

As for Mr. Musk's "giant battery farm" in South Australia (a state will a population less 2 million), that battery farm provides back up power to a grid that supplies fewer than 3,000 homes and that power for only 30 minutes.

Did you miss the "day and night" part? All you need to do is store the excess from the day and use it at night. There are various ways of doing it. Storage batteries are just one part. As for the batteries, you can store 150 watt hours for every kilogram of battery. From what I gather, Mr Musk is planning on building a battery array that will power 15,000 homes for 4 hours or 2500 homes for an entire day. He could build an even larger one if he wanted. Scale is no limit.

Forum List

Back