Your Extinction.

You aren't making an argument. What I was talking about that you are referring to is the ground water that has been pumped out. Making the elevation of the ground drop. It has nothing to do with the water cycle. At least not directly. The point is the ability of rain or snow melt to refill the underground reservoir. The water of which had been there so long it is regarded as fossil water. Maybe I'm wrong. But I think it would take a very long time for water to make its way back down there. And basically puff the land back up to be at an elevation that it had previously been.
Water recession and soil compaction are related. Before the CA aqueduct soil compaction was prevalent due to the pumping of ground water. The aqueduct brought more water which reversed the situation. As late as the 2000’s drought conditions once again caused compaction which again was reversed with higher water allotments. The CA Central Valley is naturally arid but the soil has good tilth and the climate is mild. These factors make it very fertile but only with shipped in water from rhe far Northern snowpack. Using this area to depict some kind of natural man made climate disaster is wrong-headed.

You aren't making an argument. What I was talking about that you are referring to is the ground water that has been pumped out. Making the elevation of the ground drop. It has nothing to do with the water cycle. At least not directly. The point is the ability of rain or snow melt to refill the underground reservoir. The water of which had been there so long it is regarded as fossil water. Maybe I'm wrong. But I think it would take a very long time for water to make its way back down there. And basically puff the land back up to be at an elevation that it had previously been.
Rain and snow melt recharges the aquifer fairly quickly. Good thing to because irrigation rigs would go dry.

Rain and snow melt recharges the aquifer fairly quickly. Good thing to because irrigation rigs would go dry.

If an aquifer is drawn down too much, it collapses. Then it never recharges.

That is the problem.

How does it collapse?

As water is pumped out the strata above push down on the aquifer, and if too much water is removed the aquifer is compressed under the weight of the land above.

Aquifers are rock layers that are porous. The water is held in the millions of holes in that rock. Water is incompressible so is able to support immense weight, so long as it is contained.

Remove the water, and those little holes no longer have that support. Thus, they collapse. Once they have collapsed, they can't be restored.

As water is pumped out the strata above push down on the aquifer, and if too much water is removed the aquifer is compressed under the weight of the land above.

Aquifers are rock layers that are porous. The water is held in the millions of holes in that rock. Water is incompressible so is able to support immense weight, so long as it is contained.

Remove the water, and those little holes no longer have that support. Thus, they collapse. Once they have collapsed, they can't be restored.
Sounds right. I don't know about other areas, but where I live in Wisconsin uses millions of gallons of ground water per year for irrigation, and it appears to recharge.

Sounds right. I don't know about other areas, but where I live in Wisconsin uses millions of gallons of ground water per year for irrigation, and it appears to recharge.

Wisconsin is so wet that the aquifers are never drawn down. They are constantly being recharged.

The opposite is true in the desert southwest. The aquifers have been built up over millions of years, and there is very little recharge.

There are five climate regions tropical, dry, mild, continental, and polar. Not one climate has changed. Not a single one. No climate changed when the last climate change was global cooling. Not one climate region is in the process of changing. It's an easily debunked hoax.

You are so full of shit that your eyes are probably brown. The polar regions are thawing. And it isn't a computer model that shows it. It is actual observations.

There is also a "climate of fear" . When we live in it, we are very easy to manipulate and control.

Unlike the more meteorological types of climate, the climate of fear is totally caused by humans.

Humans being so easily scared.

You are easy to manipulate and control. That is why with human caused global warming being a reality, you think it isn't.

Wisconsin is so wet that the aquifers are never drawn down. They are constantly being recharged.

The opposite is true in the desert southwest. The aquifers have been built up over millions of years, and there is very little recharge.

Incredible. You actually said something sensible.

Of course they aren't. Polar regions are not becoming different climates. Nonsense.

There are, for example, many Inuit people who could tell you differently. Canada is facing major problems in relocating them. Because their villages used to have ice offshore that would protect their villages from the sea. That ice isn't there anymore.

A drought in California once lasted 200 years.
You just don't know enough.

About the bottom two thirds of California is mostly desert. With desert being the climate, there has probably been a drought going on there for a hell of a lot longer than that.

Not as bad as they are now.

How do you know?

Did you ever explain what is going to kill us all by 2050?

Was it another degree?

1. By knowing things.
2. Your stupidity and the stupidity of those like you.
3. It could very well end up being 100 degrees in a relatively short amount of time.

1. By knowing things.
2. Your stupidity and the stupidity of those like you.
3. It could very well end up being 100 degrees in a relatively short amount of time.

It could very well end up being 100 degrees in a relatively short amount of time.

Sounds awful!!!

You have any evidence?

Besides your bong?

Forum List

Back