Your 2023 State Veteran Benefits

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011

In that link are links for every state.

Take a gander. You might be eligible for some good stuff.

In that link are links for every state.

Take a gander. You might be eligible for some good stuff.

I have learned that state programs can be almost impossible to use, because I have tried.

About a decade ago I tried to use the CalVet loan program. Could not find anybody that knew how to actually use it. No real estate agent had heard of it, nor did the state when I contacted them. They all just pointed me at the standard VA program.

And I laughed at the part about "veteran preference" and special EDD agents. It is almost impossible to even contact one, you can not see a regular EDD agent even if you want to, and they do nothing special. Literally the ones I had just told me to apply for jobs I had already applied for. And when there was a problem at one point getting benefits he would do nothing, and even trying to see another was met with refusal as they said as a vet only my "vet rep" could deal with me.

And great, you pay no property taxes. If your home is valued at $5,000 or less. Guess how many qualify for that benefit?

I have learned that state programs can be almost impossible to use, because I have tried.

About a decade ago I tried to use the CalVet loan program. Could not find anybody that knew how to actually use it. No real estate agent had heard of it, nor did the state when I contacted them. They all just pointed me at the standard VA program.

And I laughed at the part about "veteran preference" and special EDD agents. It is almost impossible to even contact one, you can not see a regular EDD agent even if you want to, and they do nothing special. Literally the ones I had just told me to apply for jobs I had already applied for. And when there was a problem at one point getting benefits he would do nothing, and even trying to see another was met with refusal as they said as a vet only my "vet rep" could deal with me.

And great, you pay no property taxes. If your home is valued at $5,000 or less. Guess how many qualify for that benefit?
I had no problem getting a CalVet loan in 1985. To get a application and information contact the State of California Department of Veteran’s Affairs. The website is www.calvet.ca.gov

Fm2sk-UWIAAzo6r

Forum List

Back