What's new

Young Sheldon

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Missy should have paid attention in Sunday school. Apparently, though, she didn't, as she thought it was okay to sell God's blessings.

Jesus turned over the tables of the money changers in the temple for the same thing.

OP
JOSweetHeart

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Reaction score
^^^ Not to defend Missy's choice of action of course, but there is one difference there. The tables were turned over because of where they were of all places: the house of prayer. Missy was on a ball field when Billy Sparks approached her with the money that he was willing to give her.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Reaction score
^^^ Not to defend Missy's choice of action of course, but there is one difference there. The tables were turned over because of where they were of all places: the house of prayer. Missy was on a ball field when Billy Sparks approached her with the money that he was willing to give her.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Still doesn't change the fact that selling God's blessings is bad stuff, regardless of whether or not it is in a church. Matter of fact, doing stuff like that reduces God to nothing more than an artifact, and the Jews found out how badly that got when they did it. Read the book of Judges sometime.

OP
JOSweetHeart

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Reaction score
^^^ When you really think about it, everything on the shelves at any store can be considered a blessing, but yet every item has to be paid for. Does this mean that we sin every time that we buy something?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Reaction score
^^^ When you really think about it, everything on the shelves at any store can be considered a blessing, but yet every item has to be paid for. Does this mean that we sin every time that we buy something?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Wrong. Things in the store are made by and owned by people. God's blessings are free, and it is wrong to sell them. Matter of fact, that is one of the reasons I don't really like mega church preachers. For them it's all about the dollar bill rather than the spirituality. You're trying to mix apples and carrots.

OP
JOSweetHeart

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Reaction score
^^^ I believe that the Lord is who gives people the ability to think of the items and get them produced and out there to the rest of us though. To me, they don't do it alone. They have help.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Mixing anything is never my intention by the way. Asking questions is one way that a person can learn. It can also give other people things to think about, perhaps things that they themselves have never thought about before.

OP
JOSweetHeart

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Reaction score
Normally I watch this show later because of Last Man Standing being on simultaneously, but I watched this show first because of Reba being a part of it and I loved it!

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

P.S. Georgie and Missy were my favorite part.

OP
JOSweetHeart

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Reaction score
Last night's show was good, but to me, Mary didn't elaborate enough if she had no other choice but to tell George Jr. about her past. She should've told him that her car accident could've been the end of her life and not being responsible enough in the bedroom could've garnered her an STD instead of a baby at any time too.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. How long a flight is it from Medford Texas to Pasadena California? And was Sheldon at the college that he eventually goes to?

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Last night's show was good, but to me, Mary didn't elaborate enough if she had no other choice but to tell George Jr. about her past. She should've told him that her car accident could've been the end of her life and not being responsible enough in the bedroom could've garnered her an STD instead of a baby at any time too.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. How long a flight is it from Medford Texas to Pasadena California? And was Sheldon at the college that he eventually goes to?
Actually, I think she handled it pretty good. And, while sometimes the circumstances surrounding one's birth sometimes might not be the greatest (I know I have a sad tale to tell about mine), but that isn't what matters, what matters is teaching the kids to do good and treat others with respect.

As far as how long is the flight? Probably around 4 or 5 hours, I know that is what it took for me to get from Amarillo TX to LA.

As far as was that the college he eventually goes to? No. If you had paid attention to the end, it was showing the campus lunchroom from the Big Bang Theory, meaning it's the college he eventually works at as an adult.

OP
JOSweetHeart

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Reaction score
^^^ Thanks. I've only seen one episode of the Big Bang Theory and its when George Jr. is shown before Sheldon got married.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

OP
JOSweetHeart

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Reaction score
How much was Sheldon really asking for during last night's show?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Also when did Mrs. Cooper become okay with Missy dropping bad language?

OP
JOSweetHeart

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Reaction score
Last night's show was good, but the ending made me feel for Mr. Cooper. If he had known that the librarian was going to take a hit, I am sure that he would've done things differently when that reckless player entered the picture. To me, he should sue that station for character defamation.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

OP
JOSweetHeart

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Reaction score
Missy was my favorite part during last night's show. Sheldon, I love him to pieces, but when I heard what he had to say to the librarian who currently remains in a neck brace...will Billy's sister ever be shown again by the way? Now its like she never once existed.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Active Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days