You might not agree with 'transphobia' but don't curb free speech

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
27%20greer%20comment%20GettyImages-82511715.jpg

Germaine Greer has never accepted that a man can change into a woman

Feminist students, led by the women's officer at the Cardiff students' union, Rachael Melhuish, organised a petition to stop Dr Greer from speaking, claiming that her opinions on the transgender issue are "transphobic". GG, they alleged, has "demonstrated misogynistic views towards trans women, including continually misgendering trans women and denying the existence of transphobia altogether."

In plain English: Germaine doesn't agree that men can become women by surgery, and for this opinion she should be muzzled from speaking at a uni campus.

You might not agree with 'transphobia' but don't curb free speech - Independent.ie

College kids are becoming increasingly oversensitive regarding political correctness. That's one of the reasons many comedians won't do gigs at college campuses.

Feminist students, led by the women's officer at the Cardiff students' union, Rachael Melhuish, organised a petition to stop Dr Greer from speaking, claiming that her opinions on the transgender issue are "transphobic". GG, they alleged, has "demonstrated misogynistic views towards trans women, including continually misgendering trans women and denying the existence of transphobia altogether."

In plain English: Germaine doesn't agree that men can become women by surgery, and for this opinion she should be muzzled from speaking at a uni campus.

You might not agree with 'transphobia' but don't curb free speech - Independent.ie
It's not too late for her to do SOMETHING to look more like a woman. But seriously, I think that she's just pissed that Caitlin Jenner is way cuter than she is.

Well, transgender women are "technically".....not women. They are taking hormones and have had surgery and like to think of themselves as women, but they are still genetically, male. It's that pesky Y chromosome thing. True women are XX, not XY. I have no problem with what they think of themselves as, however, they must be up front and honest about themselves when it comes to dating situations and inform the individual at the very beginning, if they don't, the response well into the relationship could lead to physical confrontation.

They can't. Biological sex isn't changeable. Can change your appearence and how the law might regard you, but if born a man you can never become pregnant lacking the internal physiology of a woman. Might look for all the world like a woman, but you're aren't really one. Nor can someone born a woman get another woman pregnant not having sperm. May look like a man penis n all, but you don't have testicles or anything that's gonna get a biological woman pregnant.

Perhaps in the future this will change, but for right now it's just cosmetic surgery. More elaborate than donning a wig and wearing a dress, but basicly the same thing. A man in a wig and dress is no more a woman than someone who goes on hormones and gets cosmetic surgery.

Cutting off your dick doesn't make you a woman. It just makes you a man who has cut off his dick.

Despite what assholes like this dumbfuck think, it isn't normal and shouldn't be dealt with in that way. The sooner acceptance of themselves happen, maybe they will quit fuckin killing themselves. Even AFTER surgery.

Despite what assholes like this dumbfuck think, it isn't normal and shouldn't be dealt with in that way. The sooner acceptance of themselves happen, maybe they will quit fuckin killing themselves. Even AFTER surgery.

If a person wants to kill themselves, I say let them.

Whether girls wanna get their ears pierced, or a guy wants a tattoo, this is just another form of body modification. As such I'm ok with it. My only objection arises when it's described as something it isn't. You can't change your sex. Sorry.

Whether girls wanna get their ears pierced, or a guy wants a tattoo, this is just another form of body modification. As such I'm ok with it. My only objection arises when it's described as something it isn't. You can't change your sex. Sorry.
Nothing wrong with body modification, IMO. But when you are thinking that DNA is wrong, you have major fuckin problems :thup:

Laws against ever prevented it? :) Think it should stay illegal if only so physicians who probably didn't go to medical school to kill their patients aren't forced into that situation.

I agree, but that wasn't my point... My point was society is just making shit worse.

Nothing wrong with body modification, IMO. But when you are thinking that DNA is wrong, you have major fuckin problems :thup:

Some transsexuals really are on the hormonal or genetic level. Jenner, probably not. :)

Laws against ever prevented it? :) Think it should stay illegal if only so physicians who probably didn't go to medical school to kill their patients aren't forced into that situation.

Who said anything about physicians? BTW if you kill yourself, what kind of legal trouble are you facing?

Forum List

Back