You Just Won The Lotto

I don't have a job but if did and I won a lottery I would certainly quit. The relationship with the boss would determine how I quit. If he (or she) was a dick, I'd probably not show up for a few days and then when he called me into his office to read my the riot act, I'd tell him to take his job and shove it. If he was a good guy, I'd do the right thing.

Secondly, I'd never fly commercial airlines ever again. Private jets only.

Third, I buy a 911.

Two scenarios.

1. You win enough so you don't have to work but you have to be economical. Do you continue to work 45 hours a week?

Me, I'd keep working until I had enough NO WAY I'd ever run out. No possible emergency could wipe me out. Id probably put the money in a safe annuity and live off the payments. I'd be modest and not blow the money. I wouldn't buy a bigger place I'd just pimp out mine.

2. You won a mega. Where would you go and what would you do?

My family goes to Greece every year around july-august so two months a year would be in Greece. September would be all about hunting up north Michigan Oct 1 thru Jan 1.

Where to go jan-april 1st. Somewhere warm. I usually say Florida but there are so many cool places. Maybe I would live somewhere different every year these 3 months.

April-july 5th I would live local but on a much more rich lake. I live on a lake with upper middle class people now. There are lakes where every home is a couple million $. I'd live in a better area code.

Or I'd get an RV and take trips in it.

I have very little interest in bling, expensive cars, etc but I would have a sweet Jeep and a sports car.

Definitely a sailboat on the great lakes.

Maybe a massive yacht in a marina on the Florida keys or a houseboat on lake Cumberland.

A helicopter.

Horses, dogs, barn, land, rescue cats.

If you were in my posse you'd never have to worry about money.

Anonymous donations to people who need it. Not to charity. Directly to the person who needs help.

Piston, tiger, lions, uofm, msu, redwing games.

Fine dining, best clothes, more toys like side by sides, another quad, another jetski

A $1 lotto ticket is worth every penny

This is how I know 100% that their is a God.

He will never bless me on winning.

God knows me, I would go to Vegas on a hooker and cocaine binge and never be seen alive again

But isn't God/devil all about testing/tempting us? That's no proof. Lol

I did cocaine in the past. Not good. I would stay away. But I would seek out and find the most richous weed. Eat the best food and not be stupid with the money or my life.

Ok maybe one trip to Vegas with you but that's it. Or once a year. No! Never mind. Never again.

That's proof of god to me

You are ADHD weed has the opposite effect on you as it does me.
Theists don't need much to believing. Seems want has a lot to do with it.

in my winning lotto fantasy

the kids all receive a sizable inheritance

after that we would have a fully staffed elephant ranch

in which elephants could live their lives out in safety

and to have bumpers stickers that say

i love the lottery

1. That's fine, I'm very economical as is. As long as I wouldn't have to work I'd be happy.

2. Buy some congressmen, a nice swathe of land in the middle of nowhere and a substantially sized log cabin. I think I'd then add some firearms to my collection.

i love the lottery
As a millionaire I would not advise moving out of the usa. I'd have a beaver sanctuary. My 1000 square acre ranch would border with state or federal land as to act as a further buffer from humans expanding territory. Somewhere strategic and important.

Look up how important the beaver is.

Buy an island and forget the rest of the world
What about pirates coming to steal your bootie?

From a bank in the Cayman Islands?
You see what happened when that American liberal went over to the middle East and got caught and eventually the Taliban "married her" then killed her because we didn't pay the random? That would be you.

My own private island and the Middle East are light years away from each other in that regard

My home would be open for people who need to rest and get calm from life's strife.

You'd be dead within a week.

No I wouldn't. What a dumb thing to say based on assumptions that I take in strangers or some shit. :rolleyes:

Your statement was general, so indicated you'd take in strangers.

No it didn't. You made an assumption. In the first point I said I would help family and close friends. Period! Never mentioned strangers. Since I had three deaths in my family in one year there are plenty of family members who could use a home to go to rest and getaway from strife.

Secondly, had I said open my house to help strangers it's presumptuous to assume I'd chose people not vetted and of low character enough for me to be dead in a week.

This isn't the Flame zone it's a general discussion. If you wanted clarification ask.

First I would donate 10% to my church.

Second I would donate another 10% to my favorite secret charity.

Third, I would put the entire amount into IRAs and Roth IRAs, and invest aggressively into at least a half dozens mutual funds.

Fourth, using the revenue from the investments, I would find some place that did not have a battered women's shelter, and open one.

Fifth, I would then join some charitable organization, working about... 30 hours a week, and spend the rest of my time, running my podcast.

Oh, I would also fix the air conditioning in my 2003 Grand Marquis.

Based on this excellent post I would guess that you've read Charles Murray's "Coming Apart."
For any who have not, he writes about four fundamental values in white society...a working class town and a wealthy one.
  1. In 1960, marriage was the norm in both venues…about 94% in Belmont, and 84% Fishtown. Over 90% of the children were born to married parents. In both towns the stats were decreasing over time, but by the 1980’s, Belmont stabilized, while the trend continued in Fishtown: marriage down to 48% by 2010, with half the children born out of wedlock…
    1. “Here is the lottery ticket that single mothers are handing their innocent children by choosing to raise them without fathers: Controlling for socioeconomic status, race, and place of residence, the strongest predictor of whether a person will end up in prison is that he was raised by a single parent.” Coulter.
  2. The second of four characteristics that describe the differences in the communities is industriousness. In 1960, all the males worked. By 2008, prior to the recession, one of eight males in Fishtown didn’t work; in Belmont, 97% worked. This is unrelated to boom or bust economies.
  3. Crime: little or none in Belmont. In Fishtown, the rate increased by four to six times.
  4. Religiousity dropped about 25% in Belmont, but it fell to 12% in Fishtown: it was no longer a force in the community.

Actually, no. Never heard of Coming Apart, or Charles Murray.

It's just also been a burden to me, that we should help women out of bad situations, and teach them the fundamentals that lead them to good situations.

One thing I look for in charities I support, is a track record where the women saved from abusive situations, end up in stable 'functional' marriages. If the women come up, and end up shacking up with another short term boy friend, then I don't support that charity anymore.

Nevertheless, I agree with, and support all the information you posted. It is true. Especially the fact that single parent families is the strongest predictor of prison time. Sorry but, "babies daddy" crap, is not the same as being married. And kids are devastated by the results of these foolish actions.

Skull Pilot said:

You see what happened when that American liberal went over to the middle East and got caught and eventually the Taliban "married her" then killed her because we didn't pay the random? That would be you.

My own private island and the Middle East are light years away from each other in that regard
Point is, people are going to learn some rich guy bought an island. You got go worry about locals. You saw roadhouse right?

I'm going to move away. People might see me when I'm in town visiting friends but for the most part people won't know where I live and my phone. And if I knew you in highschool don't Facebook me now.

We have property up north. My cousin wants to go hunt with us. No thanks.

Can you imagine how many people would start calling you every week? Yikes

My home would be open for people who need to rest and get calm from life's strife.

No I wouldn't. What a dumb thing to say based on assumptions that I take in strangers or some shit. :rolleyes:

No it didn't. You made an assumption. In the first point I said I would help family and close friends. Period! Never mentioned strangers. Since I had three deaths in my family in one year there are plenty of family members who could use a home to go to rest and getaway from strife.

Secondly, had I said open my house to help strangers it's presumptuous to assume I'd chose people not vetted and of low character enough for me to be dead in a week.

This isn't the Flame zone it's a general discussion. If you wanted clarification ask.
If you are rich and you take in desperate people you never know. You tell a family member no all of the sudden they and their friends kidnap you or one of your kids. Or black males you. Or Sue you. Or try and kill you. Money makes people weird and a lot of people would be jealous no matter how generous you think you're being.

Remember David Spade's bodyguard/assistant trid killing him in the middle of the night? David is a small guy he's lucky he got away.

If you are rich and you take in desperate people you never know. You tell a family member no all of the sudden they and their friends kidnap you or one of your kids. Or black males you. Or Sue you. Or try and kill you. Money makes people weird and a lot of people would be jealous no matter how generous you think you're being.

Remember David Spade's bodyguard/assistant trid killing him in the middle of the night? David is a small guy he's lucky he got away.

Not my family. I never said I would take in strangers. Shoe where I said I would tae "strangers" in.

i love the lottery
As a millionaire I would not advise moving out of the usa. I'd have a beaver sanctuary. My 1000 square acre ranch would border with state or federal land as to act as a further buffer from humans expanding territory. Somewhere strategic and important.

Look up how important the beaver is.

yeah we would stay here right in the United States with our elephant ranch

we are talking like 25000 square acres

You seem twitchy. And no, you did not say you would help family and friends. You said "people", which is pretty damned general.

Skull Pilot said:

Point is, people are going to learn some rich guy bought an island. You got go worry about locals. You saw roadhouse right?

I'm going to move away. People might see me when I'm in town visiting friends but for the most part people won't know where I live and my phone. And if I knew you in highschool don't Facebook me now.

We have property up north. My cousin wants to go hunt with us. No thanks.

Can you imagine how many people would start calling you every week? Yikes

Well the problem with the lottery is that people know you won. They are going to know you won, whether you buy an island somewhere or not.

So that argument about people going crazy and finding you, that's going to happen with every single plan that anyone on this entire thread comes up with, no matter what they do.

In fact, the only possibility is to donate the ticket itself, to a charitable organization. I only know that, because apparently it happened years ago. I remember reading that some un-named couple donated the ticket to a charity, and asked the lottery commission to approve it. Which they did, and thus the couple was never named. Only the charity organization that received the ticket was named as getting it. (I am assuming I remember this right. It's been years since I read that story).

My point though is, anyone who actually wins the lottery, your only hope is to literally disappear. Unless you are willing to put up with the nonsense, your only hope is to fall off the planet. Go off grid. Close all your accounts, every account with an address. Close your phone. Change your residence, everything. I would even suggest getting advice from a professional, at making the rich and famous disappear.

Back to buying the Island. That actually isn't all that big of a deal. You can place the money into a trust. Have the trust, buy the Island. Much of the Panama Papers, had tons of that stuff going on. People opened trusts, to keep what they had hidden. Included in that was property in other countries.

So just make up a name, create "Lighting Sparks Trust" put the money in there, and then have the trust buy the Island, and then no one anywhere, has any idea who owns that Island, because it's just listed as "property of Lighting Sparks Trust".

Moreover, getting security isn't all that difficult. You can have a security firm easily cover your Island for life, and never run out of money.

In fact, you could likely have all the servants you want, from some isolated place, serve you for life, and not run out of money.

You seem twitchy. And no, you did not say you would help family and friends. You said "people", which is pretty damned general.

Not at all. I just think it was supposed to be a fun thread and was a shitty thing to say.

on a side note

i always buy two exactly the same lotto tickets

in case i win as well as another does

i want 2/3 of the winnings not 50/50

--LOL

Forum List

Back